1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Defiance, the new game from Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'General' started by Koni, Mar 29, 2019.

1. IcariumVNam

IcariumVNam Well-Known Member

As someone who backed for the core collectors set it's becoming a bit annoying that every stretch goal is now designed to force you into buying the expansion to benefit from it. I'm not interested in the O-12 models so don't want the set. It looks like this will now continue until the end of the KS. Basically for backing the collectors you get foam, a load of add on options, and some Infinity profiles (useless if you don't play infinity and aren't really stretch goals). I will still back because I want to start a Shas army but compared to other KS I have backed these stretch goals are lackluster, I at least expected them to offer additional sculpts for the repeats in the Collectors set (As stated in the build up). The Nemesis Kickstarter included an entire expansion as a stretch goal for free! I don't expect this amount but at least a few models or extras. If the random mission generator is also pay walled behind the expansion that is even more annoying as it means those buying the base game essentially get 12 missions.

#821 IcariumVNam, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Usashi, Abrilete, volgo and 2 others like this.
  2. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Magnets are ok for short distances and fair terrain, but any difficult terrain and rough handling requires foam and a sturdy case. My 40k collection has survived many an apocalypse in it’s custom made battlefoam cases. I’ve never noticed any scratches as all my models are suitably varnished. :-)

Dragonstriker likes this.
  3. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

I‘m just really curious what difficult terrain might be.
    My magnetized minis travelled long distances on plane (Germany - Spain, Germany - USA) or car (Germany - France, Germany - Switzerland,...) without damage. So my mental image of difficult terrain is an Australian in a 4x4 with a broken tire doing an 8 h drive through the outback to play some infinity (please confirm if this is accurate xD )

4. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I use magnets plus foam in my own storage boxes.
    The official cases can be turned into a killZones when one mini drops and crashes into another ones. My friend experienced such a situation.
    That's why I use smaller boxes with magnetised minis and a foam between them. Never had a big damage, even when my backpack felt off the table on the ground, only Yasbir's sword was slightly bend, but not a small piece of paint was scratched off.

And about the topic itself - I'm still wondering about supporting Defiance Kickstarter. I don't want Shasvasti, I don't need any of the minis except Rahman Rouhani for my Haqq. Still I would like to get the game and show it to my non-wargaming friends or old Infinity players (it would propably remind them how fun it was to play with minis), but I have many doubts.
    I'm thinking about taking the Collector's Pledge with someone. The big advantage is that I have Morat army and they also can be enemies. So I don't need all the Shas.
    But I'm also not a fan of how the campaign is going on. I think that the first Pledges should get something more...
    And I hope that CB will see this, as many of the comments here and on the Kickstarter says the same.

PozdRawiam / Greetings

#824 KedzioR_vo, Nov 8, 2019
    Usashi and jherazob like this.
  5. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Why don't you go for the core ? It's like 100€ + shipping but if you don't wat a shass army that should be enough (but you will need to play some ennemies as tokens)

6. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Now completely off-topic, but: What size for the Magnets do you use for normal S2 miniatures? I didn't have an accident yet, but I am always in doubt if the magnets hold them through bumps. Till now they did, just curious.

7. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

15 minutes at the mercy of the suspension of a Mcgills bus in Glasgow is roughly equivalent to 8 hours on 3 wheels...

8. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Looking at the number of minis and what additional stuff you get in Core vs Collector's the first choice doesn't make sense. It's much better to split the bigger set with someone, who actually wants Shasvasti.

About magnets - I use different sizes, but usually 5x2mm on one side of the base and smaller (2x2 or 3x2) on the other side.

PozdRawiam / Greetings

Spitfire_TheCat and Abrilete like this.
  9. Disko King

Disko King Well-Known Member

Awaken Realms is boardgame company first, CB is mini company first...this is your answer.

Well, considering that point of Core is just to make Collector look better and 'force' you to take collector, it's kinda self explanatory.

Considering that 144 people have taken just core to around 3000 that went with higher tier pledges, kinda explains it...

When you look at other boardgames campaigns, usually, core pledge is best value, as it gives most bang for your buck, there are expansions, but they are worse value. And you will see a lot people take just core, because it's great value...as you can see here, story is completely different, because core is actually quite bad value considering other pledge levels.

Because he can probably sell those extra 20+ infinity minis for more than 60€?!

#829 Disko King, Nov 8, 2019
  10. archangeleong

We usually get around in Australia’s by riding kangaroos so it gets quite bumpy. ;-)

11. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

I magnetize before painting so I usually glue the magnets, put the mini on a metal plank and the shake it, turn it etc to see if it still moves.
    If the minis seems heavy or very unbalanced, I start with a 10 mm magnet and cut away parts of the „inner bridges“(?) of the base to make room for it. Otherwise I simply put 2 3-5 mm in opposite corners and see how the shaking test goes. If the test is failed, I simply add magnets.

12. archangeleong

Nothing wrong with magnets. Good for small forces. But I have seen some disasters where magnetized models have slid around a bit or when glue has come unstuck and one model has bowled over a bunch of others.

Foam has always been the preferred solution for me, probably as my 40k army numbers hundreds of models as well as loads of vehicles that have no bases so magnetizing them is just not a practical option that I’m willing to pursue. :-)

not willing to magnetize this:
    F4C72622-B8BA-45A7-BA5F-D270788F3B5C.jpeg

13. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

Jesus...

Remnar likes this.
  14. Ceilican

Ceilican Well-Known Member

Good Lord! Think you'll ever paint all that?

I kid, I kid. Black models always look incomplete to me.

But real talk - Where did you get that cabinet? That's super nice.

15. DrunkCorsair

DrunkCorsair Well-Known Member

There is an evolution to that, no magnets and nothing touching the miniatures except at the bases.

I present you the Shape Shift System made by Phobos Foundry (im not affiliated wiht that company but its the best miniature transport solution i encountered)

https://www.phobosfoundry.com/

I use the Trailblazer case for small games
    https://www.phobosfoundry.com/product/shapeshift-early-adopters-set/

and got a legion Set this week for bigger games.
    https://www.phobosfoundry.com/product/overlord-legion-set/

Most reason, this is so expensive is, that the trays are milled one a CNC machine by one person.

Here is a list how much miniatures one tray can fit
    Base Size / NUMBER OF MODELS

20mm / 70

25mm / 48

30mm / 35

40mm / 20

50mm / 12

120mm / 1 – with a lot of space for smaller minis

So in that small case you should be able to fit all Defiance miniatures plus enough miniatures for an Infinity tourney.
    You could storage your minis on that trays and just buy additional ones to change games etc.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  16. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

I own 1271 infinity/aristeia minis and all are magnetized so it's doable

Also, magnetizing allows you to store mini in metal toolbox which is the most efficent way to store them (in space used per mini stored => you can put 220 to 250 mini plus up to 60 acrylic camo marker/small S1 mini like crazy koala in a toolbox of 43*20*22cm) and move them when changing house

17. Disko King

Disko King Well-Known Member

There are 1271 infinity/aristeia models?!

No wonder retailers have problems with SKU xD

cazboab, ev0k, jherazob and 1 other person like this.
  18. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

A bit less. I have some mini in double and some OOP/limited edition

In term of number of in production references, I think CB got around 420 references

cazboab likes this.
  19. Agorapocalypse

Agorapocalypse Namurr and Nahab are girlfriends

I was looking for someone to agree with. Honestly theres no doubt i will back this project, but only near the end after i see all thats available and can better choose what i want, cause honestly its not that impressive so far on a personal level. Im a huge haqq player, but i feel let down so far in regards to haqq content. I know everyone is supposed to get 1 character first then they can double up on faction characters but i see nothing ahead for haqq. Even a haqq reinforcment pack wont pull me cause i already own nearly all haqq models, although the enemy cards would be nice. Maybe one more expansion they have in line will bring al djabel a resculpt, or make a new haqq character. Otherwise, im just going to wait until near the end to back if nothing comes up that just grabs me and makes me need this even more.

OrpheusNXCI likes this.
  20. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

There have been about 800 SKUs across the lifespan of Infinity so far. Some of those involve duplicates (when starter pack models used to also be in blisters) but there are also a lot of SKUs that cover multiple models, so I would guess 1500+ including all the OOP sculpts. Aristeia is in addition to that...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation