1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Defiance, the new game from Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'General' started by Koni, Mar 29, 2019.

1. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Not that I understand why it matters to anyone else, but something quick and easy to show my wife to make sure she would be interested in playing it with me. A basic run-down like the one from BGR which I praised in my original post of my apparently contentious opinion would be perfect to highlight in the Gameplay section of the KS page if they wanted to make it more friendly to people who weren't already interested in the game. It is obvious though that the target audience is Infinity players though. There is very little to bridge the gap to get people to want to spend the time finding out about the gameplay without that previous interest.

2. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Hey, let's be honest. The Kickstarter is being run by the same people who wrote Infinity. I've never seen a first edition Infinity book personally, but I have the 2nd edition books and I'm told 2nd edition was an improvement. So you've seen what their third try at Infinity looks like, maybe seen Ariesta, and if you've looked, you've seen their current draft of the game.

It's currently a half million Euro campaign being run by people who have demonstrated that they can, occasionally, be tone deaf idiots. But they've also demonstrated the ability to not screw up any more often than other game companies.

I assume DukeofEarl's posts are meant as "CB, please do better". That's a fair request and/or fair feedback as it is. They'll either manage better, or they won't.

"I think you should have a different opinion about what's going on", whatever your opinion, is just arguing.

Edit: My Ariesta dice are supposed to arrive on Saturday. I am optimistic enough to spend money.

#742 solkan, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  3. bona

bona Well-Known Member

CB stated that they consider this option but decided against it as (1) they are a miniatures company that manufacturers in house and they want to take care of their employees and (2) it would be just odd for miniatures company to sell a game without miniatures. My opinion is they don’t really want to venture into pure board game genre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. bona

bona Well-Known Member

Didn’t they get an Army box, new units, and new unique equipment?

Dragonstriker likes this.
  5. bona

bona Well-Known Member

Spiral Corps came out. A whole Tohaa army box. Maybe not in the form you were expecting but hardly a lie.

6. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Yeah, why getting help from the people that have been fighting the longest against the Combined Army and are experts against the Shasvastii? It wouldn't make any sense at all.

Rumdog, Grathak, chaos11 and 3 others like this.
  7. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

In-game logic aside, Tohaa players are people too. They deserve to get something to excite about as well ;)

Rumdog, Teleute, Grathak and 5 others like this.
  8. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

On the one hand yes, on the other hand Tohaa are still an alien race with (potential) unknown motives / interests. I can understand the O12 reasoning here ;)

yojamesbo likes this.
  9. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

No, NA2 got an Army box, not Tohaa. Spiral Corps is not Tohaa. It is not Tohaa for impersonation or for specops rules, it features less flexibility, non-triad Fireteams, a number of non-Tohaa units (brawlers, helots, monstruckers, warcors, wardrivers, and the anaconda), and has limited access to many of Tohaa's most staple features (Symbio-things).

Spiral Corps is not Tohaa.

LaughinGod, Rumdog, Cothel and 2 others like this.
  10. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

No. Their army got shelved without longstanding holes being filled, and a new army was launched in NA2.

Spiral ain't Tohaa anymore than new JSA is Yu Jing. CB wanted to do that, fine--it's their game--but teasing a big year for Tohaa players before mothballing their army and informing them they should buy a new one was a questionable marketing strategy.

And now the Tohaa (appear to) have no role in Defiance?

I don't play Tohaa anymore, but I get why they're frustrated; sorry if none of that makes sense to you.

11. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

Yeah, no Tohaa hero doesn't sit particularly well with me honestly. I feel like including one would have been an easy way to throw Tohaa players a bit of a bone after the rest of the year. It doesn't overly bode well for their future (if anything did after Spiral Corps anyway).

LaughinGod, Berjiz, yojamesbo and 5 others like this.
  12. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

We still have 2 weeks to go and Outcast release brought more backer and nearly 100k€ of funding.

It would be very surprising if CB did not have at least one more expansion waiting, so including a tohaa hero or even a Tohaa/NA2 team (leaded by a taagma character to sabotage again the wormhole to the Tohaa empire) is still possible

13. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Yes, that's right. I am waiting for my Nomads Bandida Character as well :stuck_out_tongue:
    SCNR

I'll try it like the Tohaa Players, I'll repeat it till I get it :stuck_out_tongue: Not that it seems to work for Tohaa ...

yojamesbo, Lion Tremere and Abrilete like this.
  14. Melchior

Melchior Well-Known Member

So Kriigel, Krakot, Bandida, Max Scorpio are we good? :8:

Spitfire_TheCat likes this.
  15. Spitfire_TheCat

I know only two of them. But even if it's 3 Tohaa hunted by one Bandida I'm cool :stuck_out_tongue:

Abrilete and jherazob like this.
  16. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Quick calculation of the next SG :
    720k€ is likely Uxia or Fat Yuan Yuan mission
    Followed by 740k€ with Haqq or Ariadna cards
    Followed by 760k€ with Haqq or Ariadna cards and reinforcement pack
    780 k€ should then be the remaining mission
    Which meand at least 800k€ before we get to a second expansion/something big and exciting. 120k€ to go

PS : in outcast, O-12 thinks the defiance crew has been sepsitorized/compromised. Think of it one second, cadin doesn't have a cube, you O-12 moron.

#756 Arkhos94, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    LaughinGod and Spitfire_TheCat like this.
  17. Spitfire_TheCat

Well, the switch from Deluxe to Platinum gave the boost. With 1.100 Deluxe Pledges left and Infinity Players being collectors there is a potential of around 70 k left. The rest would have to be new backers or backers raising their plegde for reinforcement packs aso.

And regarding Cadin... well ... a dog warrior can be hypnotized using a pendulum :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: no Sepsitor needed.

18. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Impersonators are a thing.

19. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

I think we're still missing a Sakiel...

20. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Bribery, coercion, maybe they have some other / new sepsistors that work without a cube, and also the motivations of an individual can't ever truly be accounted for...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation