1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyberpunk Rooftops Table

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by zagdag, Jan 28, 2018.

1. zagdag

zagdag Split box orphan

Some proof of concept pics of my new table. Needs scatter, more signs, more bridges, but I like the results so far.

20180128_112007.jpg
    20180128_112034.jpg
    Thoughts/ideas appreciated.

2. Abydog

Abydog Well-Known Member

Nice idea. I was thinking along the same lines, but more for a shadowrun diorama.

You could define the spaces between the buildings as nimbus zone due to smog.

The building with the triangular, well, other building on top might have a flor that is bit too uneven

TheDiceAbide likes this.
  3. Dhark

Dhark Well-Known Member

I really like it. The fog and led signs are awesome. You could add a lot more of weathering.

The funny thing is that I had the same idea for a while now. I was just to lazy to build it. :)

4. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

GOD FREAKING YES!!!
    Since the first time i got into Infinity i've wanted to do something on these lines, i'm freaking glad somebody's going with this idea even if it's not me.
    You have a truckload of material for reference (in case you need more here's an image search, and watch the beginning of the first episode of Stand Alone Complex for an actual but very short firefight on rooftops) but i see that you already have the right idea.
    One thing is that i'd personally go with either less "clean fluffy" clouds (dirtier, more like fog, and more to the point, less cotton-y), or not with them and instead have a sort of mat with an aerial view of the city with the street a mile away at least. Either way make it so that you can reorganize the buildings at will, people tend to get bored of playing in the same exact configuration of the table.
    I really, really am looking forward to this :smile:

Abydog, Red Harvest and TheDiceAbide like this.
  5. Monkeysloth

Monkeysloth Well-Known Member

I'm in the same group as Jherazob. Love the idea, haven't had time to make anything like it, and really like what you've got so far.

One issue with something like this is the open space between buildings and I'm not sure bridges is the right way to solve it due to limited ways to move that become choke points. Maybe you could put some flying cars\adds\drones that would act as regular terrain to hop across as well in some parts to avoid just solely using bridges.

Abydog and jherazob like this.
  6. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Abydog likes this.
  7. jherazob

Photofucket strikes again...

8. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Eh? You're not seeing the photos. Hmmm. I'll move them over. Under the spoilers. These are from @Crushar. I note that he only recently registered on this forum.
    CrusharsFogTable1.jpg

CrusharsFogTable2.jpg
    There we go. You'll want to go to the thread though, to read the text.

Abydog and jherazob like this.
  9. jherazob

Freaking thing, i covered that thread in likes back then! They say that memory's the first thing to go, followed right by the memory :tearsofjoy:

aphexblue and Abydog like this.
  10. gnyf

gnyf Professionel Carouser & Malingerer

Great idea!

11. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I made a similar board, but from some cardboard boxes that I've only primed white/gray so far.

A problem with gameplay is that its very obvious which way models will take towards objectives, so bridges need s lot of cover.

I had nine "buildings" though, so more "street space" between buildings

12. zagdag

zagdag Split box orphan

Progress report: installed lights on the the larger build of the Quingri Pharmaceutical Campus, one of two industrial looking platforms for the board. This one gets smoke stacks which are seperate modular pieces that go between a few of my boards. Hsien for scale
    20180211_103929.jpg
    The lights are two sets of ten battery powered from my local $1 shop since I am crap at soldering my own. There is another box of the same make and size but one inch shorter that forms the second part of the complex. That one is going to get a large sign and access shed, maybe helepad as well, all movable.

Also: I scored this peice last weekend (gorgos and gao rael for scale) excited to make it into some huge radio tower. 20180207_174857.jpg

13. Monkeysloth

Monkeysloth Well-Known Member

The lights really add to the building top. Are you thinking of adding ductwork or paint or leaving it as is?

14. zagdag

zagdag Split box orphan

Thanks! I like the effect a lot. I am going to leave it pretty sparce but lots of room for scatter. The way the board is areanged its essentially like the buildings are the table surface, somI want there to be lots of room for scatter and modular bits. I may do some duct scatter bits though...

Small progress this week:
    20180215_110157.jpg
    Need more white on the platform, weathering, maybe some lights, dishes, and cabling.

jherazob likes this.
  15. Kaiserburger

Kaiserburger Active Member

INCREDIBLE IDEA! LOVE IT!

But also...is that shiny thing a Cortana statue?!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation