1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Flying Daoying

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by ObviousGray, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Actually now i’m thinking a new variant of Sun Tze. Used by both YJ and O-12. I’m thinking this because O-12 is getting Saladin, and Sun Tze is very much a creation for YJ by O-12.

2. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

I'm actually gonna second the Dashat... my rationale being that all NA2 seem to be getting heroes

JSA-Kitsune
    StarCo-Raoul
    Ikari-The Portly Gentleman

So maybe?

Space Ranger likes this.
  3. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Better Images

[​IMG]

ObviousGray likes this.
  4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

From Chinese 磊 (lěi) meaning "pile of stones" (which is typically masculine) or 蕾 (lěi) meaning "bud" (typically feminine). Other characters can also form this name.

5. Space Ranger

They do look like NA2 but also O-12. But Uxia is not in either.

[​IMG]

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'm not sure Dahshat would have a Chinese name such as that, I'd expect a more obvious Muslim name. You know, as to make a point.
    Initial search only yielded the flower bud trabslation. It's funny how the pinying (is it) is the same for both, would have expected pronunciation to be different. Oh well, painted miniature seems to have a beard, so I think that's that

7. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Still, he's a pretty dainty fellow. I would have appreciated a little more bulk on him, and a Yu Jing jump pack, as opposed to the Garuda one. A more Yu Jing-y helmet would also be nice.

8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

If it's true what @Brother Smoke is writing, then it makes sense if Lei is one of the personal bodyguards of whatshisface that owns Dahshat company, and it would also make sense to not be quite as bulky if it's tailored armour, though that looks a lot more like medium or light-heavy armour than Liu Xing does.

9. Space Ranger

So at the 4:00 min mark he says Lei Gong is an Aristea character. And will be available to Yu Jing. He's a heavy as well.

ObviousGray and Mahtamori like this.
  10. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Its design features too many YJ characteristics not to be a YJ character. I mean, yes it would make sense an Aristeia character with YuJing nationality worked for mercs in NA2, but then any artistic designer would include enough elements to differentiate the design from origin faction. Something that, with exception of those Aleph wings, doesn't happen. Even if the armor is less bulky and looks more nimble than the YJ one it still can be recognized as a fully YJ armor. Furthermore the faction color has been kept. For me that's the deciding factor. And finally the weapon. Despite it's hard to identify given the fact doesn't look like any other weapon design, it's still possible to recognize the YJ combi chassis. Therefore I have no doubt that's the marksman rifle version of YJ. Additionally it comes with an underslung blitzen.

11. Weathercock

I'm really hoping this is not another Dashat piece. The last thing they need is a premium AD trooper. They've already got more than enough of our toys to play with.

12. Space Ranger

Play them for a bit and you won't think so. I've been playing them for a while and they are not as fantastic as some seem to think.

13. Weathercock

It's not a matter of viability, but of identity. Dashat's a poorly inspired grab bag of troopers that by all rights should be defining elements of other factions.

14. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I think he looks weird. The armor looks a bit female (maybe this is the suggestion from the daoying armor), the underpart even looks a bit like a skirt, together with the beard and the beak-like helmet its a bit strange. I never read his name before and that he is an aristea hero seems like a glimpse to a future expansion for A!.

Maybe he is the reincarnation of Ko Dali, trapped in a male body ... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tibooper and Section9 like this.
  15. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

*baps Space Ranger with a rolled up newspaper*

No! Bad Space Ranger! Don't give CB any ideas!!!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Chaserabinov, Stiopa and Space Ranger like this.
  16. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Dossier says Yu Jing.

17. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Weaponry for Lei Gong "the Storm Bringer" confirmed according to the dossier: Shock marksman rifle + blitzen and breaker pistol.

Henshini likes this.
  18. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Would slap on the namer being an Emo.

19. Weathercock

I could definitely get behind that loadout. Let's just hope the rest of the profile is good.

Henshini likes this.
  20. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

I'll be honest, I thought he looked better when I thought he was female, and had a full face mask. I think he looks a bit weird after seeing the painted version too.

Tibooper and Zewrath like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation