1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Defiance, the new game from Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'General' started by Koni, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

2. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

In other news the second if the update videos has gone up.

3. bona

bona Well-Known Member

A little over 3000 people are backing the KS. Let’s assume it ends at double 6000. So the stretch goal manufacturing cost can’t be more than (20000 - profit - design cost) / 6000. A 10% profit margin is 2000. Let’s assume one day labor with reviews at a burdened rate of 120/hr, the design cost is ~1000. This leave a little over 3 per unit for manufacturing.

20000 isn’t as much as it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Bless your heart, you sweet summer child.

5. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

You’ve made it abundantly clear you don’t like CB, their decisions and the way they do business. You’ve also displayed a staggering attitude of entitlement. Your incessant complaining about this KS is tiresome and is not swaying anyone.
    In totality your behaviour calls your mental and emotional health into question.
    I suggest it’s time to take a break.

#545 Dragonstriker, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    Smiler, Melchior, Torres and 3 others like this.
  6. bona

bona Well-Known Member

Keep up the good work. Most of us appreciate it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

7. bona

bona Well-Known Member

Is this really that hard to figure out? They are expanding their boarders, not taking over new markets. They aren’t after all board gamers. They are after board gamers that also are hobbyists (look at these beautiful miniatures with great back stories to paint). They are after Infinity fans that would like a quick game to play with friends. Why not, you can use the models for both? They are after Infinity players that just want the cool exclusive models at a discount. They are after hobbyists that just want a pile of cool minis to paint. They are after some good brand awareness and advertising. And they are after the funding to build a game they want to play. They aren’t trying to take over the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

8. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Can we discuss foam? If it is going to contain all of the minis, including the stretch goals, I think it is a good thing.

Actually, a nice customized Plano type box for storing all the game bits would make for a nice stretch goal. The things are very useful for speeding up the set-up and clean-up of the game. Or even upgraded box inserts? Yeah, I know, not sexy like moar minis, but CB has already unlocked the foam, and is offering to unlock a dice tray. Ugh. What are box lids for, CB? Make it easy for me to stay hyper-organized so that I can spend more time playing and less time on set-up/clean-up.

Also, at what level do we unlock the stretch goal where Cadin is removed as one of the heroes, and never mentioned again? Maybe replace Cadin with Dr. Worm character. Heck, that could even be the character's name.

What you say, Dr. Worm is a CA figure and would never fight against the EI?

Sometimes, the worm turns, y'know.

Whatever happened to the no kickstarter threads policy? Relaxed, just this once, eh?

Section9, Smiler, yojamesbo and 5 others like this.
  9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Don't quote me on this, I think it was somewhere (in the KS discussion) discussed that there will be a tray for the tokens, I do not remember if it was discussed as a stretch goal or as standard.

Belgrim and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  10. Machival

Machival Well-Known Member

Outcast unlocks at 580.000!
    [​IMG]

11. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see what is in the outcast box ! :-)

PS : for the constant complainer, do like me, hit the ignore button. Save time.

12. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

13. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

I hope for a "real" Raoul :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    Couldn't bring myself to buying the existing Raoul miniature. Until a "real" Raoul appears I proxy him with either Ayyar or the Fat Raoul (Yuan Yuan) (even Raoul can eat to much)

14. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

8 minis, plus titles, cards, tokens and packageing. If it follows the same sort of discount the scenery pack In the deluxe pledge gets then it'll be more like 50 euro on top, and that's not including anything that gets added to the expansion such as remote minis, upgrading tokens etc.

70 euros is a significant amount, but I don't think it's particularly unfair as a starting point. It could be a bad deal depending on what the minis are and how many tiles there are etc, but we're at least a few days away from knowing that.

#554 cazboab, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  15. A Mão Esquerda

And, going back to the driver for many backing it, getting the deluxe, plus Outcast and the two Add On enemies packs comes out to something like €6/mini, before shipping. Granted, they have to be minis you *want*, but if they are, that’s a staggeringly good value for money. At that point Defiance is an added bonus.

Dragonstriker, cazboab and ZlaKhon like this.
  16. Disko King

Disko King Well-Known Member

Hmmm, and there I was thinking , that SG's are usually something you get, not, hey, congrats, you just unlocked something you can spend more money on xD

Nuada Airgetlam likes this.
  17. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Worst case scenario, no extras in outcast, and it's 70 euros on top of the rest we're getting 61 minis for 340 euros so 5.57 per mini.
    Any bonus mini in outcasts, or a discount for the double deluxe pledge etc will bring that down...
    Almost every miniatures kickstarter has been divided up into chunks. Look at the zombicide one that's running now, it's a pretty similar story but with plastic minis and a 1 year turn around time...

AdmiralJCJF and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  18. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

So, presumably the 580E stretch goal is an expansion pack for the expansion, rather than really, really shocking news for PanO's faction status. :thinking_face:

Otherwise, time to go see if there's enough cake. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

19. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

Not always. I've seen other campaigns where expansions and addons have been unlocked which are not part of the core pledge. The Antinocities Workshop STL Kickstarter and the Obsidian Protocol Kickstarter being two examples.

If there was an "All In" pledge that guaranteed all SGs then you might have a point but theres no such option in the Defiance Kickstarter right now.

20. A Mão Esquerda

I mean, my wallet is still going to cry when the KS ends, but, WOW that’s some metal crack to add to my pile of shame!

Dragonstriker, cazboab and ZlaKhon like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation