1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Defiance, the new game from Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'General' started by Koni, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Oh, great, now that the whole thing stalled at ~465k EUR, they add a cool Cadin variant, at 520k EUR. Good luck with that :(

upload_2019-10-31_10-13-29.png

2. Disko King

Disko King Well-Known Member

Well, you have plenty of lemons in KS's, but from my experience in monitoring KS's CMON is not one of them, they have delivered every single KS they had. I might not like them, but from business perspective, they just slap reskin on zombicide and $$$ just starts raining in. What's not to like if you are CMON? They offer high quality plastic minis, their games are most of the time too simple for my taste, but apparently lots of people like them considering funding they get.
    But lately AW is serious competitor...backed both TG and Etherfields. Played Nemesis and LoH, and both are fine games.

When it comes to KS, I never expect it to be delivered on time, back a game, forget about it, be happy when it arrives one day, problem?
    My only bitter experience so far was with Mythic Joan of Arc, considering most backers got game, and after that for months we have been listening to Mythic, yea, your game is just about to come to your door, only to find out...oooops, well, we didin't know, your game is still in China ,we don't have any stock left, so who knows when it will arrive...on top pf that, they even launch new KS v1.5 which fixes a lot of stuff with previous KS, which is yet to even delivered to some backers...yea, needles to say, I am just waiting to finally get it, get rid of it, and never again support Mythic in future.

yojamesbo likes this.
  3. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Kicktraq says the Kickstarter made 389 k€ on day one and 71k€ on day two. Is it a good trend ?

4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

That’s pretty standard. You generally see a big chunk on the first and last days.

5. Disko King

After 1st day, funding gets really really slow, you might even lose backers and funding on some days. Last 48h usually has spike.

6. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Seconded !

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  7. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Berjiz, Oyentido, moyamoya and 5 others like this.
  8. Nuada Airgetlam

Gonna have to wait to snipe until the last day or two then, I guess. They really should reveal all the further goals. At this point it looks like they know they mostly don't have anything to show. And they could REALLY give the alt models their legs, that's just pitiful.

Click my profile and add me to the Ignored list, just quit whining. It starting to feel like Paranoia RPG here, "happiness is mandatory, Citizen!".

9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

You know the same can be said from the other side, so, how about everybody follows my previous post and remember how to hold a civil discussion?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The reason alt torsos won't get legs is because the retail versions may possibly come as a set, I don't think they've said any mini is KS exclusive?

11. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

I don't know about revealing more strech goal, but they should really add some more add/on goodies. Average pledge is 166€ so most people went for the collector pledge. Likely plenty of them (me included) would easily add some more 20/30 € for more tiles/second mission booklet/goodies/second hero set

12. Disko King

Well, it's quite standard KS practice...if for example campaign went great and money kept pouring in, they would just increase funding needed for each SG, on the other hand, if funding stops or is barely moving, they will probably decrease it so that things get unlocked and more people get incentive to back project.
    In the end, all those SG's are artificial, it's not like you are getting free stuff...it's just marketing. But despite that, we all like 'free stuff' even though it's really not and everything is pre-planned. Most of the time, you get what you were supposed to get from the start, unless project does really bad or really good, then you might get less or some extras.

McDevil and yojamesbo like this.
  13. Nuada Airgetlam

They specifically said ALL KS sculpts are KS exclusive. Think of this as GenCon limited minis. There will be minis for the same units in general trade, but in different poses / sculpts. If you like what you see, this KS is the ONLY way to get it.

Yeah, I know. It sucks.

14. Nuada Airgetlam

Maybe this will come with the Pledge Manager, but this should be known up front. One of many things that aren't communicated clearly.

Definitely there would be many people who'd want multiples of specific miniatures, for example.

#454 Nuada Airgetlam, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  15. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

Thank you for all your feedback, no matter who is giving it :)

But I'll ask to have a polite discussion about it, please.

Thank you so much!

16. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Weren't you browbeating people with your SJW "ableism" talk? :joy:
    Looks like a classic case of the pot and kettle.

17. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

For emphasis.

Oyentido and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  18. odium

odium New Member

Can somebody please explain how the "alternate variants" are meant?
    Do I get 2 models? Different Bodys to assemble (so one spare)? Or do have to choose in the Pledge manager later?

19. Disko King

From what I understand, you get that part, and decide when building provided mini, how you wanna glue it. You don't end up with 2 minis, but can choose for example which torso your mini will have.

20. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

There are lots of the minis exclusive to the collectors edition, which I think will be available after the kickstarter, but less permanently than the core set, much like Aristeia.
    [​IMG]

I don't know for sure if the alternative hero options will be in the retail collectors box, but either way, it's a bit much to expect folks to buy a second core set for the parts to have the regular release versions of the heroes as well.

I'm pretty sure most of us would be fine with a 15-20 euro add on for the extra parts to have both though.

Edit: having to buy a second copy of the core set is just a little bit worse than I thought at first, since the core box itself is looking to be a pretty heavy collection of metal,it's sure to affect the shipping costs quite substantially...

#460 cazboab, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation