1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Defiance, the new game from Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'General' started by Koni, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Disko King

Disko King Well-Known Member

You are not the only one ;)
    It's quite simple dice chucker at the end of the day from what they have shown so far...when it comes to it, I will much rather play, Shadows of Brimstone, backed last KS 275$ level which seems excellent value...even though SoB is simpler in nature, it's one of the more fun dungeon crawlers I have played. And expansion potential with it is almost endless...new minis are also way better than old ones.

Ou yea, what they showed so far, looks great! Interested in it too...but I hate em for 40-70$ shipping costs to me for base pledge. But we shall see, if few people from local area get interested we might get costs down.

And yes, 1$ or 10$ pledge for PM is kinda what is expected from KS these days, this, gotta back at least 100€ to enter PM is very cheap shot from CB...but hey, they obviously did they research and know best how to do things, never mind other multi million successful boardgames KS's...

Nuada Airgetlam and Usashi like this.
  2. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

Given that I was referring to minis more that anything, allow me to reiterate that i was referring to the minis.

Put simply, I fully expect random Joe in his FLGS to get his hands on a boarding action sheskiin before I do, because once they get my money I go the the back of the queue in favor of those who have yet to buy. Such is the way with KS being a no-risk (for the company) preorder platform.

As to the game, I have yte to see anything succinctly state WHAT will make it stand out amongst the glut of dungeon crawlers on the market today. Still waiting...

yojamesbo and Pierzasty like this.
  3. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

well, I don't know, but as I put, usually that only hapens with CMoN projects. I have been in 11 different projects until now (even if only 5 of those were wargames), and never once the items got before to shops than to the backers.

4. Disko King

Better?:(have problem finding pics of models that are not painted already)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VS

[​IMG]

BLOODGOD, yojamesbo, Usashi and 4 others like this.
  5. theradrussian

Prodos(s?) games and the AVP comes to mind, if you need a quick example.

6. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

IIRC there was only 1 pledge available for Hate, and it worked pretty well

7. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

And still, those cases are the fewer ones. Is more usual to see delays in the fullfilment due to over-success than any of that

8. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

I'd not use the AVP Kickstarter as anything other than an example of how not to fulfil a Kickstarter and trash your company's reputation.

Rizzy and Usashi like this.
  9. Disko King

Can't link from KS on job...but just a quick reference for people what 120$ got you here:
    [​IMG]

Now compare it to 111$ Defiance that gets you whooping how much minis exactly?! Go wonder what 9$ difference can make...

10. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

It absolutely is. "Either be a yes man and purchase your ability to speak on the matter or stay silent, we don't need no dissenters here!".

Oh, I absolutely have obfuscated the reasons for why I take issue with CB's management of releases, kickstarter and customer communication, haven't I? Preposterous.

Yes, because I haven't said anything about finally hiring editors, doing QA which would catch things like HEROE or the back half an ENG leaflet being still in Spanish, did I? Hiring people to manage social media like the Facebook page, this unmoderated (let's not kid ourselves with the finger wagging here) forum? And much more?

Stop being silly.

Yeah, I've linked to HATE KS above already, in one of my examples. This is what a Kickstarter should look like.

And why the hell does CB think they can LOAN over 400 thousand Euros from us, on ZERO interest, for half a year plus? Take your own damn risks.

11. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Exactly. They are not a welfare organisation. And they are producing their metal miniatures in Spain and not in China which means higher costs.

12. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

How does this work exactly? They can make a profit selling miniatures on Kickstarter, heavily undercosted, while getting credited by us for at least 8 months until June 2020 (they deliver at end of month), but the same minis would not be profitable for full price as a normal release?

Absurd.

Let's agree about one thing, shall we? The production value of the GAME here is minimal compared to the design, 3D modelling, casting and production of the miniatures themselves. This is exactly why they themselves are saying "miniatures are king" in this Kickstarter. It's not about the game, it's about the minis.

13. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Lots of chinese plastic, but let me sum up my Point here:

a) I don't have the time to paint 100 miniatures, I finish 1 per week, so you can calculate my output
    b) I am not interested in every boardgame that is offered, no fantasy and so on. So a pretty narrow focus.
    c) I am interested in Infinity
    d) I am interested in a Coop Game
    e) I am interested in Shasvastii

So in this vacuum, not considering every other option I would have to get either a board game or tons of miniatures, I for myself deceided price/value is good.

Sure there is always an offer with more miniatures, more board game, more of everything for less, but I am not interested in this.

Might be just me, but this is how I make many of my buying decisions. I want a specific thing and if the price is right for me, I buy it. If there is something around that costs less, but is not exactly what I want, I don't buy this, I still buy the other one.

I am not judging you, if you think the offer is not good enough, that's okay for me. Just wanted to offer another viewpoint.

14. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

Plastic turned into Metal ? (wich is basically a form of alchemy...)

BTW i have Hate and i also consider that it's the perfect example of what a KS should be : 1 pledge, all-in except for some add-ons that are not mandatory for gaming experience (except maybe the 3D terrain). But beside of that, there is no possible comparison between those 2 KS. Not the same target, not the same approach of the product.

15. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

It is simple maths:
    - You can buy larger amounts of stuff from your suppliers. => cheaper material prices
    - You can produce larger and known batches. => cheaper production costs
    - You can sell the stuff in one box to one customer without distributor. => cheaper packaging and distribution
    - You have no need storing things for a long period of time after the release. => lower or up to no storage costs, just during production itself

And I understand that smaller companies have to pre-finance themselves. Since banks and suppliers are sometimes very cautious and your payment targets are often that you have to pay your supplier after 30 days.

#375 HarlequinOfDeath, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  16. Disko King

Well, and that is great from your perspective. I am just putting out average board gamer perspective(don't consider myself in that category since I am also hobby painter, which many board gamers are not interested in), that's what I said, I am really interested how many backers out there are with no ties to infinity what so ever.

a)many boardgamers don't, but they like quantity and quality(and you have quality plastic minis these days)
    b) theme is irrelevant tbh. it was just an example, you have plenty of different themed boardgames atm
    c)normal boardgamer doesn't even know what Infinity is
    d) they are interested in this, but beside nice minis in low quantity, does this offer anything else to someone interested in coop dungeoncrawler compared to what is on the market? Not really...
    e)most boardgamers haven't ever heard that word, let alone know what it means :D

So yea, I get that this is great value to Infinity player...but tbh...if they packed this for even more cheaper price minus all that boardgame stuff, infinity players would buy it and it would still be a great value. With KS they just skipped whole retailer supply chain, and can offer more competitive price.

I am just saying, as board gamer, I don't see anything in this KS except nice minis, that I can't find already, but with better and more interesting gameplay.

On the other hand, If I wanted Shasvastii army for infinity, this would be no brainer for me, boardgame would just be icing on the cake, tbh. I would buy it if it came without game...unfortunately, I don't. My Ariadna already plays camo game better :D

When they were marketing it, I was expecting that it would be more 'We are making exciting board game for boardgames' and less ''Hey, have cheap expansion for infinity minis for infinity players'' ..there is also quite not really exciting boardgame packed with it, but you can play it if you really want to, this way, maybe someone not that interested in CA buys it too, so might be worth it to mix it in.

#376 Disko King, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    yojamesbo likes this.
  17. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

AdmiralJCJF and Dragonstriker like this.
  18. theradrussian

I'm sure he's here, no need for the bat-signal.

What we do need, though, is to see some more of those stretch goals!

yojamesbo, Stiopa and ObviousGray like this.
  19. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Like I said, I buy exactly what I want. And if the average boardgamer is making the same and the average boardgamer wants quantity, so tons of miniatures no matter what, then yes, then this offer might not be the right one for the average boardgamer.

But maybe this was not the target group from the beginning.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  20. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

All they need to do is to drop a Sakiel with Light Rocket Launcher in as a stretch goal and it would solve all the world's problems!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation