1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Defiance, the new game from Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'General' started by Koni, Mar 29, 2019.

1. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

As far as my memory goes CB just talked about defiance minis being 100% compatible with infinity, not tha Defiance would be an expansion for infinity. Although they clearly stated that Defiance shas' would be the new nifinity shas'.

2. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

At the very least CB could try and learn from them lessons that are painfully obvious even for a layman.

3. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Anyone who was expecting a million extra miniatures in the box as the KS wore on was setting themselves up for disappointment. This is essentially a glorified preorder. CB is very careful with costs in general, and they have to fit all of these models into their usual production schedule. Kickstarters that keep on racking up more and more models in their pledges have a tendency to go badly off schedule and/or not actually turn a profit once all the extras are accounted for. CB clearly went into this with a pretty solid plan for what each box was going to contain which makes the campaign a little less exciting, but means that we're way more likely to actually get what we paid for at the time they are promising it.

As always, their communications could be better - they are really overdue to hire some people who specialize in social media and brand management.

4. Nuada Airgetlam

You mean to say "Carlos Bostria has set us up for disappointment in the promo videos".

As above and as I said throughout the thread, their communication is shit and they're losing a lot of good will because of that. High time for somebody in the company to finally recognize that.

5. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Kinda annoyed with the bastardization of crowd funding platforms into no risk preorder platforms; crowdfunding is not supposed to get a profit, it's supposed to get the project done. If you want a profit, risk your money, not the costumer's.

That said, a 100 euro game with just 12 miniatures (12 MINIATURES) with such craptacular stretch goals? I'll leave it for die hard CB fans; can't believe they reached the 400000 mark with not a single miniature is the stretch goals... it seems greedy

6. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

You write this as if CMoN didn't have quality projects. And we don't know Defiance's quality as a board game to be honest, let's not forget they are a miniatures company, not a board game one.

And I don't think anybody is asking for hundred of miniatures, but not a single one in a KS done by a miniatures company looks quite bad and reeks of using KS as a greedy preorder platform.

yojamesbo likes this.
  7. Nuada Airgetlam

Get ready to get shit on by fanbois, I got that when I said the exact same thing when we heard about KS being used.

They're shifting risk and basically having us credit them with our money, risk free, 0% interest, for half a year or more. I could understand this in the case of an upstart company, not somebody who describes themselves as:
    upload_2019-10-30_7-59-41.png
    upload_2019-10-30_8-0-38.png

Also, those goals man, 60k EUR more and what, one S2 mini and what, 12 card CARDS? Get the fuck outta here.
    upload_2019-10-30_7-58-39.png

Attached Files:

theradrussian likes this.
  8. Belgrim

Belgrim Well-Known Member

Well it's already low cost per miniature. Unlocking more goals does not mean that they can use that money to provide us with a ton more minis, all the extra money are people ordering a copy for themselves.

Arent we already at 35 minis (37 if you count the bots)? I guess if we unlock an expansion or something it will come at extra cost.

Στάλθηκε από το Mi A2 Lite μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

AdmiralJCJF and ZlaKhon like this.
  9. Nuada Airgetlam

At this moment, at 200 EUR with shipment, we're at ~80-85% cost of Infinity minis at my FLGS. It's not THAT big of a deal. And still, it doesn't explain promises being made by the ambassadors, people flooding the Kick to see what they are and getting fuck all. I wonder how many people will retract their commitment after it turns out that there weren't any at all. It might be a rude wake up call for CB and one they sorely deserve at this point.

Yes it will, just like the Onyx - who are also a problem, because nothing shows the price we need to pay for it and if the difference is again minimal between KS and my FLGS, why would I put all that money in the freezer?

10. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Seems Raoul Spector + 3 O12 randoms

11. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

I don't think this works this way. Even if I see a Stretch Goal I'd love to get, like Nomads Bandida Character (hint, hint), at maybe ... 600k, it's lot like an online campaign where I double my efforts and put out more Points or whatever. Here i can't double my efforts or I'd have to spent 100k to reach the Goal. That's not going to happen.

So I don't think this works like this and I don't think it matters if they open up the Stretch Goals.

12. Spitfire_TheCat

First I don't know where you get this kind of price, maybe the minatures "fell off a truck" or something like that.
    And second: you realize that you get a game on top? So you get new/unique minatures at a really good price AND a game on top.
    If you don't like this, maybe the whole Kickstarter is just not your thing.

Its on the site what the Onyx Expansion costs, its under "Add-Ons"

AdmiralJCJF and Dragonstriker like this.
  13. Nuada Airgetlam

If I'd be buying this, I'd be doing it mainly for the Heroes (most of them at least), the Sheeskin / Speculo models and maybe the Taighas.

If there were 5-10 cool posed miniatures in the Stretch goals, not the chaff we got (OK, the Rahman Rouhani would count as one and the hairy Uma as half), then I'd be WAY more willing to jump in.

This is EXACTLY the way it works.

Are you mad? This is a normal FLGS that sells CB miniatures below MSRP, at a nice discount.

Yeah, because you HAVE to want the game to participate in this and they TOTALLY did not advertise this to the Infinity crowd as "all the minis here will be supported with Infinity rules", so it's TOTALLY not a KS for Infinity players who dgaf about the board game at all. Uh-huh.

Thanks, I missed that and I don't think it was there before today.

14. Spitfire_TheCat

Well, if you don't want the game or are not interested in the game, you don't have to back it. It's as easy as this. No reason to be mad at CB for offering something you don't like.

It came up yesterday evening, but the page is long, so ... no problem.

AdmiralJCJF, DukeofEarl and Stiopa like this.
  15. Nuada Airgetlam

This is NOT what I'm saying, please read my posts again.

16. Nuada Airgetlam

Also, in their own words, they are marketing this to the miniature collectors / Infinity players, who are not interested in the game itself, as well. It's even MORE about the miniatures than the board game according to them.
    upload_2019-10-30_9-6-58.png

17. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

I think that Fantasy as well as dark and/or sexualized themes sell way better than pure SciFi.

I expect the campaign to hit 500-600k.

Yes, Kickstarter changed a lot. I know at least one technical project which was funded and they didn't manage to develop and produce it in the end. It has become a preorder platform. Nothing more.

The core box is a bit too expensive in my opinion if you compare it to the collector's edition. I guess they calculated the costs with the stretch goals in mind.

But I would be more happier to see them keeping the price with the small goodies (faction cards etc.) and instead see more addon (which you have to buy extra) stretch goals with new heroes, new tiles, new campaign as well as NPC and villain packs. I would be glad to pay for such fresh content rather than just repacks of known miniatures you can buy later anyway.

Don't get me wrong. I like the idea and the collector's edition price is super cheap. I hope they calculated it very well to get some profit. But I don't like the idea of having just one campaign and a fourth army afterwards that I won't have time to play anyway.

18. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Lol at this. "We are all about the miniatures, that's why all of our stretch goals are just cards, because we are a miniature company, that's right, fellas, we are ALL about the miniatures"

But he is right about them offering a different Kickstarter when you compare it to other miniature/boardgames Kickstarter. Not in a good way, tho.

#338 Benkei, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  19. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

You should take a better look to the Strech Goal, there are miniature inside :
    - 3 turrets
    - 2 corpses
    - Nasmat
    - Trisha N33 (Aleph hero)

It's not a lot of mini compare to plastic KS like zombicide but it's high quality (and metal for the nasmat and trisha), the cost is higher (and I prefer a few mini I like than a crapton of low quality plastic that I won't like to paint)

ZlaKhon and Spitfire_TheCat like this.
  20. Nuada Airgetlam

Are you joking with the PVC bullshit turrets and corpses as "miniatures"? :D

Add the head and half an Uma, too! :v

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation