1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Defiance, the new game from Corvus Belli

Discussion in 'General' started by Koni, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

So they didn't even shill out additional legs for us to make a separate 2nd Uma and we have to CHOOSE which to assemble. Jeebus, it's a stretch calling them anything but own goals, ffs.

2. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

It's 160 or 180 bucks for 33 (34 with the additional remote) miniatures, 3 turrets and accessories, so thats not even 5 bucks a miniature, not even counting the ... well, the game itself (hundreds of cards and tiles and stuff).

And this is still not enough for you? You know they have to make a profit of it?
    I started Shasvastii with the new sculpts from Wildfire and alone from the Shasvastii point of view, this is an auto-take for me.

What were you expecting? That they add another 10 miniatures for free, so in the end its 3 or 4 bucks a miniatures plus the whole game?

I don't get it. If you are never satisfied and never happy with anything they offer, why are you following the campaign at all?

#302 Spitfire_TheCat, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    Melchior, BLOODGOD, Croepoek and 5 others like this.
  3. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

I‘d agree that an alternative Uma instead of only one pair of legs would have been cool, but your way of presenting your arguments is pretty unpleasant. I think your criticism would be a lot more appreciated if you could word it more constructively.

4. Nuada Airgetlam

I'm not sure you followed what I kept on saying closely. I WANT TO be happy with this kickstarter but their COMMUNICATION about it is incredibly imprecise at best, deliberately misleading at worst. Many important details close to the vest until the Kickstarter starts. Uncertainty about the number of minis - first 44, then 32, then 33. Statements from Carlos that "many more cool miniatures will be unlocked by the Stretch Goals" - then it stalls at 380k and what, we got one and a half actual S2 mini? Please.

Is it so hard to understand that this Kickstarter is disappointing for many of us and "eh, good enough" for some? That I wanted this to be amazing and instead got a lot of chaff in stretch goals? I have three weeks to make up my mind, but so far I went from "meh" to "oh, some of those sculpts are excellent!" to "but we're not getting them outside of this even when they get a heap of money off the Kickstarter in one go?! WHY!?" to "eh, I might still spend a Ryzen 5 3600's worth (in PLN that's exactly how much I've just paid for one!) on a game I won't play, just for the minis" to "what the hell, Carlos, there were MINIS supposed to be in there?! We got bamboozled".

I have Asperger's, mild and high functional, so I can communicate clearly but I'm not really good at heavily filtering my opinions for them to be "easier to consume". I work as an editor and translator, editing style and tone and register at which communication happens is WORK. I'm not here to work, I'm here to make a point and be heard by CB. I'm ticked off and disappointed, I don't see why I should hide it and not allow it to clearly come across, especially where I know that the company reps read us and where the direct and intense feedback has a chance to get through to them.

If you agree with me on the merits, my incandescent delivery should not really matter. I don't do it with the intent to troll (that is, annoy people). If you don't, it's indeed easy to make the delivery the issue instead of the merits. Your pick.

oldGregg likes this.
  5. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Doesn't sound anything like you are trying to like it.

Maybe plans were changing? You recognize that you are complaining that you get one more miniature? The Billy Remote I suppose? And regarding the stretch goals, I already wrote everything in my last post. There still has to be a profit in it for CB.

Dragonstriker and Melchior like this.
  6. Nuada Airgetlam

If I weren't, I wouldn't give a flying one about it.

No, I wasn't complaining about the shitty remotes. Compare any other Kickstarter of a miniature skirmish or board game, how many miniatures get added in stretch goals to keep people pushing the envelope, even if the core product is already chock full of them. CB might be new at this, but this doesn't change the fact that they're doing it badly and cooling the enthusiasm of many potential backers. At the rate it was going a few hours ago, this Kick ought to have reached 500k by now, it's just 11 pm in most of Europe. And it would have IMO, as long as there were "really cool miniatures in stretch goals". Whoever planned them out really fucked up.

Look at what CMON achieved with HATE [ https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/hate ]. $1.5 mln with PVC miniatures. At the quality of CB miniatures, they should've gone past that, not petered out at a fifth of it.

Disko King and ev0k like this.
  7. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

I was anticipating a dungeon crawler, and not an expansion for infinity.
    I don't care about additionnal minis, because i've never intended to play CA, and there's more than enough to play the Defiance campaign.
    I wanted to have a cooperative game in the infinity universe and that's exactly what i'm getting, for a lower price than what i expected.
    So far so good.

8. Nuada Airgetlam

There are though those of us who wanted this specifically for the Infinity minis, because it was advertised as "all Defiance minis will be supported in Infinity" (if we're unlocking profiles in stretch goals, wasn't that also misinformation?). Others want it just for the minis because they are collectors / painters.

I wanted the kickstarter to grab my attention - it did - and hold it with the goals, where it failed miserably. And that's the source of my sour disappointment, one of the few I've described above.

Benkei likes this.
  9. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

There will be further infinity releases for tge shas' sectorial. Just wait for starter and swc boxes and blisters.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  10. Nuada Airgetlam

Oh, I know there will. But if I'm missing out on a dozen and a half Shas sculpts, cool as hell "boarding sheeskin", great male and female speculo, etc, then the completionist in me dies a little. They all will be different sculpts though. I've learned with CB that it means that if I like THOSE, the later ones I won't like at all. I still think that getting the GenCon limited Unknown Soldier was a great idea, the general release one is way worse, for example.

11. Nuada Airgetlam

And another crap move... Eh. Why, CB, WHY. Most kickstarters allow a small $5 pledge for people to pick and choose from the Pledge Manager.

upload_2019-10-29_23-24-23.png

And then there's this gem, CB won't ever learn to hire editors, will they?
    upload_2019-10-29_23-25-47.png

And this
    upload_2019-10-29_23-26-10.png
    upload_2019-10-29_23-27-50.png
    So, $200 for a complete game that has 12 linear missions and we're done? No plans of further support as of yet, a huge "maybe" and "if"? Wow.

EDIT: I was apparently (slightly) wrong, a mini on the horizon, at 400k, not 500k. And still only one stretch goal visible ahead. What a joke, are they asleep? Is this all pregenerated and automated to reveal once the sum total is close to the next goal post? Or is anyone with and actual PLAN controlling the campaign? I think we know the answer to this one. Sheesh.

Good night from me, such a shame.

#311 Nuada Airgetlam, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  12. Nuada Airgetlam

One more, because I thought my brain was tricking me. We have HEROES in the game, so...

"New HEROE", Corvus Belli?! SERIOUSLY?

[​IMG]

upload_2019-10-29_23-39-39.png

13. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Ive honestly been disappointed with the lack of new heroes, specially at 4 times the funding being first unlock. (Considering we had a 5th hero from word go)

Im still backing at the core level as it looks fun.

14. Nuada Airgetlam

I've seen the GMG let's play and frankly it doesn't really, to me? It's about as disappointing as Blackstone Fortress. Cool minis, flat simplistic game. 12 mission and little to no tactical depth, mostly movement and shooting or double shooting. Eh, it always looked to me like the game was a bolted on addition to miniatures and it seems like I was right. Way too many tokens and cards for my taste, as well. Too busy without much gameplay value.

All right, off for tonight, now really :P

Benkei likes this.
  15. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

If the computer says you are out of the EU, you are out of the EU. The computer knows better.
    That is the sad state of affairs. In the past bureaucracy at least had to risk against a bit of physical violence. Now they just hide behind "algorithms", "AI", "personal assistants" and other buzzwords.

I see you mention PLN, maybe KS decided Polish people have to pay in USD, even if it would be way more logical to go with euros in cases like this. Not the first time I see such weird currency handling, and left wondering if stupid or trying to profit by means of exchange tricks (in one case, I think it was probably for accounting advantage).

Even more extra? XXL? *badumtish*

yojamesbo and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  16. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I really hope that somewhere in the mess is additional missions or extra campaigns or something.

Otherwise I'm just going to dig out my old Legions of Steel tiles and missions/campaigns.

It just started, FFS!

With a takeoff like this, I expect it will reach to at least $750k US. (It's currently at $425k/383Euro)

Good, I don't like his bare head.

Yeah, it's one thing to make a dungeon crawler in the Infinity universe.

It's another to market an expansion for Infinity as a dungeon crawler.

yojamesbo likes this.
  17. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

There's been a lot of chatter in the comments about the limitations imposed by the cap of 12 linear missions, plus the limited number of tiles. CB's response has thus far been muddled.

This is an area where CB could definitely do better and add value to the campaign for those who want a dungeon crawler, not an N3 expansion. Just be clear: if there are expansions (paid or otherwise) in the pipeline that will add that sort of content, tell your customers that.

My constructive criticism for the evening! :-)

18. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

If they start offering stretch goals that aren't just existing component enhancements or bait to buy existing N3 minis, or they offer up some robust paid expansions, I think it'll beat 1 million easily.

Benkei likes this.
  19. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

It's already almost quadrupled the asking price and we will only just then get the first actual significant stretch goal, hero #6.
    And with the way they are only just teasing a stretch goal when the previous one is accomplished I expect it to stop at most at 500k, because I doubt people will keep pouring money in for card chaff.

Edit:
    The only way I can see this making more than 500 is if they open up the dang stretch goals so we can see what is coming up and have actual rewards lined up

yojamesbo likes this.
  20. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

No one is going to compete with CMON. Their entire business model runs around delivering Kickstarters, and they have a much wider following than a Spanish company that currently produces one skirmish game and one arena combat game. Quality > Quantity here.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation