1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full table buy experience?

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Hjard, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Hjard

Hjard Member

Currently looking to buy myself some terrain for a table at home / to take to the local club.
    Anyone who can share his experience with the various "full table" offers like the Strompost Alpha from Muse?

Coverage -> Do you need to buy (lots of) additional scatter terrain?
    Variability -> Can you build more than one table configuration or will it always look the same if you want to cover the full table?
    Storability (I'm sure that is a word) -> How compact can you fit the set?
    Availability / Comfort -> What different offers are there actually? Full table one click buy or do you have to pick everything together yourself and will still end up with a decent table without calculating anything beforehand?

The amount of terrain available for Infinity is ... challenging

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I haven't bought a full table on one go, mostly because I've been building slowly different options that let me change a single table quite a lot (I probably have enough terrain to mount 3-4 Infinity tables at this time, if I don't care about mixing warhammer 40k style with generic scifi, infinty budget stuff, artisan builds, and papercraft)

For me, the starting poing is a gaming mat. You should be able to grab one of the same material used in convention's banners and the like fairly cheap, as long as you have the image to print (mine went for under 10€, thanks to a promotion of the business).
    Then I went for papercraft & Infinity budget cardboard, which I evolved slowly to a few MDF buildings, keeping some of the cardboard ones, crafted some barrels and barriers, adapted stuff...

Before adding the MDF buildings, and using mostly of discounted stuff (some from Mantis games), crafted stuff (the central "cube" is an amazon box with custom adapted printed textures, the "coffins" are pure papercraft, etc...) and Infinity cardboard buildings, this was an example of a table I could deploy at home about 18 months ago (I don't have at hand more recent photos):

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-25 at 11.40.32.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-10-25 at 11.40.32(1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-10-25 at 11.40.32(2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-10-25 at 11.40.33.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-10-25 at 11.40.33(1).jpeg

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation