1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SOLVED] Cadmus and open information

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Rift, Oct 16, 2019.

1. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

They’re not camo; you have to say what gear they have, but you do get surprise bonuses and you don’t have to say which decoy is real.

DustGod likes this.
  2. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm confused about that complaint. There are only two types of troops with the seed-embryo profile and only one of those has camo. It's not like you were going to be playing a shell game with seed soldiers and cadmus by deploying the cadmus normally.

It's not dissimilar to Holoecho state... where you have to disclose what equipment the echos (seem to) have, but not which one is the real one.

DustGod likes this.
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I think it's a remnant from the old rules where, unless I remember it wrong, Seed-Embryo always had camo except when it didn't (which was when deployed with AD) so it's easy to still make the faulty conclusion "Seed-Embryo = camo"

4. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

yes of course, why would anyone ever take an AD troop which is functionally immune to scatter.....

Mahtamori and DustGod like this.
  5. DustGod

DustGod Well-Known Member

I don't mind the open info part...
    I have 0 issues playing fair ever...
    I was under the impression I had to reveal the real one before I hatched it...
    No that's a great advantage but like above I was confused about the Decoys...
    Maybe the F Bomb a little harsh... Being able to deploy with this huge spread is great as long as who's the real McCoy is hidden...
    Which seems to stand so no issues here I'll RunEm'

6. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

If you are deploying almost anywhere on the table with pinpoint accuracy you are picking spots where the opponent gets no reaction.
    It doesnt matter diddly if they know that specific marker is the real one if next order it's murdering a bunch of units by shooting them in the back

Mahtamori and DustGod like this.
  7. DustGod

But that's not the case right?
    You disclose the profile you picked but not which one is the real deal...
    I feel what your saying and I would probably run them like that but what if I wanted to use them in a different way...
    -This area in now seed infested and dangerous to move into vs. Straight up attack piece...

8. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Correct, you do not have to reveal which of them is real.

DustGod and Sabin76 like this.
  9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Strictly speaking, Decoy and Holo2 comboes insanely well with AD3+ and it's a similar situation to "why would you ever deploy a Ninja as a Camo Token when they can deploy as strictly stronger TO camo AND in Hidden Deployment?" - because sometimes the tactical snafu for your opponent and the order generation makes it worth it.

If you wish to create a field filled with seeds (considering how it oddly doesn't prevent you from not using AD4), you can do that using Cadmus deployed without AD. It won't be as individually effective as deploying them using AD, but you can have a deployment zone containing 16 12 Cadmus seeds with KHD soldiers inside them and your opponent won't know which 4 has the real seed and might spend a huge amount of orders and time sussing that out.

Edit: derp, basic math.

#49 Mahtamori, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    Arkhos94 likes this.
  10. DustGod

What you're saying is Deploy them like Helots...
    Strictly using Decoy...
    You might be on to something here...
    Gonna pick some Brains on WGC with this

Mahtamori likes this.
  11. DustGod

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation