1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting TO infiltrators

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by FreezeZ, Oct 24, 2019.

1. FreezeZ

FreezeZ Well-Known Member

How do you guys deal with TO camo infiltration?
    My regular opponent uses Shinobu and Saito. Mines works well but its impossible to cover each route with them.

Any tips how to stop them?

2. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Intuitive Attack? Sensor? Discover? Direct Template?

3. Kettariez

Kettariez Member

Galwegians usually work fine for me in that case.
    Either a chain rifle template or a cc berserk if the enemy gets too close.

4. FreezeZ

Yes but thats in active turn. But what about reactive?

5. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

A ton of mines and camo. They need to screw up one dodge and it's bye-bye.

They can't engage/attack what's under a marker.

Antipodes to reveal them.

Seriously, ariadna has the best camo/anti-camo/TO of all the factions

6. FreezeZ

Would you say that it is woth to spend few orders to put more mines when I know they are present? Last time I was playing C&P I realised that I dont have enough mines when shinobu went through my lines.

theradrussian likes this.
  7. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Especially since you'll have about 3 camo skirmishers with mines in all likelihood. Hell, even consider using coordinated orders to drop mines while not draining your order pool.

xagroth and FreezeZ like this.
  8. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Full camo with 2 to 4 cheerleader. He will lose camo to discover you, and ending up discovering an ambush marker if you played the shell game well.

Always recamo all your trooper (coordinated order if necessary).

PS : if you want to play the mine against him, remember Vanilla Ariadna can deploy 6 camo minelayer (3 E/Mauler, 3 mine) so if you want you can cover every route with them. Play this once in a while and your opponent will be very careful of all of your marker.

And if you play first, you can do the objectives then use coordinated order to cover the table with mine.

Example :
    Ariadna
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]1
    SPETSNAZ (CH: Ambush Camouflage) HMG / Pistol, CCW, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    SCOUT Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    TANKHUNTER AP HMG, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
    FOXTROT (Forward Observer) Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    CHASSEUR (Minelayer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
    CHASSEUR (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    LIBERTO (Minelayer) Light Shotgun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)
    VOLUNTEER Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 6)
    VOLUNTEER Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 6)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]1
    SPETSNAZ (CH: Ambush Camouflage) HMG / Pistol, CCW, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    VASSILY Lieutenant (Forward Observer) T2 Marksman Rifle, Akrylat-Kanone, D-Charges / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 35)
    STRELOK (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    HARDCASE FRONTIERSMAN Tactical Bow, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    MÉTRO Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)
    MÉTRO Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

FreezeZ likes this.
  9. holycannoli

holycannoli Dancing to Kazak Kalinka

I find the dog warrior is a good option to sick on a TO camo marker. Specifically the dog warrior over the devil dog for several reasons.

Starting at s2 makes him easier to hide, between that and super jump you can approach from multiple angles. Dual chain rifles is nice to toss at him, make him dodge or eat hits. Spec fire grenades can burn his TO off to make him easier to take down with other team members. Not to mention 3 wounds can be a slog to bring down with cheerleader ARO.

10. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

The advice so far has been good.

It sounds like we're specifically talking about an enemy TO Infiltrator sneaking into a DZ to cause damage?

Chasseurs are extremely good at this kind of defense. You can keep them a bit closer to your DZ, spreading them out so that either the Chasseur or the Mine can protect a path into your DZ. The mine is obviously great against a maneuvering TO Camo marker, and Chasseurs are great as well thanks to 6th Sense Level 1. If a Camo token decides to sneak past them, you can tailor your reaction, and have a decent chance of nailing a Discover roll.

Don't be afraid to spread an Antipode pack out in your DZ as well, and use them to toss Discover AROs at +6 while while the rest of your troops Hold. This is a decent way to set up some tough choices for your opponent, and prevents the enemy TO token from simply maneuvering freely. Antipodes are obviously great with their ZoC Sensor Sweep, but they also make decent, cheap, disposable "Discover Turrets" in ARO well.

FreezeZ likes this.
  11. FreezeZ

Oh cool. I have never realised that sensor gives passive bonus to regular discovery rolls. Good to know.

Thanks for great advices.

barakiel likes this.
  12. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Sure thing. Yeah you bet, Sensor works in two capacities. The first... The actual Short Skill "Sensor"... Is the Zone of Control, +6 WIP roll that reveals all units in Zone of Control. But it also simply gives you a +6 bonus to Discover. It stacks with the bonus of having your target within 8 inches, meaning Antipodes can achieve a +9 vs nearby enemies. Of course, since it still suffers negative mods like crazy (unlike the Sensor skill) you might still fail that Discover roll vs TO Camo skill. But it's definitely a better Discover attempt than a typical mook trooper, and is nice protection if a Camo token tries to sneak through your battle line.

13. Fangoman

Fangoman New Member

Let`s suppose that the TO camo is a heavy infantry now (Swiss Guard for instance... but there are also TAGs around).
    Mines are normally not a serious threat to them: they will almost regularly decide not to outmanouver the camo counter, and to eventually confront and kill him, if it reacts with a "discovery", or absorb the single damage 13 of a mine (ARM 5+ with multiple wounds).

If we start second and one of these "monsters" come forward to find a good firelane and shoot its HMG/Spitfire... how can we try to pose a threat to his movement, or even to fight it, when it opens fire ?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation