1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very difficult terrain(dazer) and super-jump.

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by RaidenSA, Oct 23, 2019.

1. RaidenSA

RaidenSA New Member

Helo. I have staeted playing with 2 dazers in Shasvasti, it is fun, but i have 2 question about some situations.
    1) if we are using super- jump on a trooper without multiterrain to go into dazer control zone, where she should stop? Or she just passes throw and finishes its jump?
    In my opinion, due to the very difficult terrain in the whole control zone of the dazer, she have to stop at b2b contact with it, even in the air. But i'm not very confident in it, so, please, help.
    2) if a trooper with super-jump but without multiterrain is already in very difficult terrain, how should she do it?
    I mean, very difficult terrain sais she can use only 2nd mov value for purpuses of movement skills. But super-jump sais that the troper uses exactly the first mov value to be used as a short movement skill jump.
    How far can she jump? 1st mov value? 2nd? And why.

I would be very glad to hear any opinion on these questions. Thank you!

2. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

1)
    So, yes, the jumper stops immediately and falls down (possibly taking damage).
    2) Now this is a bit harder. Very Difficult terrain states that "In Very Difficult Terrain, troopers use only their second MOV value." There's no clarification on how you "use" MOV values anywhere - for example, Move skill states "By declaring Move, the user may move up to the first value of his MOV Attribute in inches." So, the skill does not need to use the word "use" in the wording - just reference the MOV values. As you may notice, the way Move uses MOV values is the same as Super-Jump skill wording - i.e. the wording of Very Difficult Terrain means "the trooper uses the second MOV value whenever prompted to use MOV values" and so, if we assume the skills work similarly, you can only short-skill-jump using your second MOV value. Similarly, Entire order Super-Jump distance in Very Difficult Terrain would be twice the second value - you use it for both parts of the sum.

3. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I agree that that seems to be the case for #2 RAW. Note that whatever the answer here is, it should also be the same for Assault and any other entire order skill that combines both MOV values (I can't think of any others at the moment, however).

I do wonder if that was the intention, though. As a super-jumping 4-4 trooper has the same movement inside and outside a VDT zone with the only caveat being that they have to stop as soon as they enter it.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation