1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

January (D)20(D)20 predictions

Discussion in 'News' started by roobot, Oct 10, 2019.

1. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Could be using Modified human heavy armor! Morat Knights!

Which is funny now that I think about it, it's what I did for my second Oznat mini.

Golem2God and DaRedOne like this.
  2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I really agree with that. The ONLY reason the Morats work for the EI is because the EI demonstrated it's badassness.

Yeah, that'd work pretty well, fluff-wise.

Yeah, Morats are far from 'loyal' to the EI.

Hell yes!!!!

Golem2God and DaRedOne like this.
  3. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

You know what else we should get? A new sculpt for Margot and Duroc. Probably with a small wulver pup.

Golem2God, Section9, Thjazi and 3 others like this.
  4. Belgrim

Belgrim Well-Known Member

Tbh, do we? I prefer fantasizing about them being beautiful. I fear in reality they are horrific like their male counterparts.

Στάλθηκε από το Mi A2 Lite μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Re: Morats, it could be the other way around, the Morats rebel because the EI is holding them back. They would just rather commit genocide on the enemy but the EI wont let them. How is the EI going to advance itself if everything is dead?

Probably better to keep them masked then ;)

Golem2God, bloodw4ke and Belgrim like this.
  6. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Na, we Morats aren't just genocidal maniacs. We are a warrior culture!

Also our women are pretty.

Golem2God, Lady Numiria and Belgrim like this.
  7. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Yes they keep their fangs nice and sharp. True beauty!

Golem2God and Belgrim like this.
  8. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

That's a nice speech to give to the maniacs as they go off to commit violence, while the more reasonable members of the society try to get something done. :unamused:

"The Morat race is very aggressive. In their language, Morat means "That one who kills with the left." Fights, conflicts, and revolts are a constant feature of their history, even more than for humans. ... The only way to control that anger is channelling it. The most aggressive citizens now serve in armies, always on several fronts. Morat Governments deflect the people's discontent towards frontier clashes."

Seriously. That warrior culture is a meat grinder designed over the years to both kill off the troublesome aggressive members of society, and benefit from the process.

Don't get the wrong idea. The way things aren't wasn't chosen as some malicious plot or attempt to do harm to anyone. It's just the result of natural developments, attempting to give everyone what they want and a place in society.

The El wants the Morats in their current situation because the situation is more useful for it. If they broke free, if they developed, they'd be something different. They'd be less useful.

But, don't fret. You can just pretend that everything I've written is the raving of a madman and go on with what you were doing. Some day you'll see how things are.

9. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Now don't be silly. I want Morat to be more than a bunch of angry savages. They can be so much more!

At the moment, all we really see are angry mobs attacking humans, largely because they are the less stable morats indoctrinated into hating whatever they are fighting. A more rational morat commander would act very differently.

Golem2God likes this.
  10. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

So... much more anger or much more savagery? Or possibly both?! :thinking_face:

I joke, but the EI seems (to me) to favor specialization in its followers. As in, when you need cold, calculating fighters - there's Ur, when you need subtle approach - there's Shasvastii, when you need grimdark (non)human wave - there's Morats.

P.S. Also, being rational isn't mutually exclusive with hating whatever one is fighting. If you base your decisions on logic and not on feelings, but the most rational approach is "eradicate the obstacle at all costs", end result will be the same whether you hate the obstacle or not - emotions do not factor in the decision-making process.

11. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Well, history has shown multiple times that emotion does indeed factor in decision making. Look at WWII. If you hate Something, you'll be inclined when fighting to exterminate , without thinking of potential other options or why you are fighting.

So if a Morat commander could take the time to think on why they fight humans, instead of rushing his troops to cause as much damage as possible, it's quite possible he could view them in a similar way as the Morat themselves, having fought the EI. Even more since the humans are facing the full might in a war of extermination (so far), and are resisting. Looking at Morat culture, this is actually something honorable and worthy of respect. We don't see it because the morat we're shown are blindly raging maniacs.

12. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you :p
    So far, Humanity is doing pretty bad against a small expeditionary force that constantly outsmarts them. The ones that have been resisting the EI in an open war for long time are the Tohaa.

13. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

HELL YES!

14. sevsterino

sevsterino Well-Known Member

You are thinking of Morats too much from the human perspective. They are not humans. They might not even have emotions as their race treats. Blindly raging maniacs is from the human perspective, from Mortat perspective they are not. Fight and war is valued in their culture... as is peace in ours. Their logic is different... they don't have to think why they fight, if a fight is all they want and value, and currently El is their ally. War is life, dying in a fight is an honor. They cannot destroy EI, they possibly CAN destroy humans.

15. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

Fixed :P

sevsterino, Belgrim and Abrilete like this.
  16. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

That's why I was talking about rationality. German command allowed its decision-making process to be affected by emotional reasons and made quite a bit of irrational, ineffective decisions (for example, wasted resources on extermination camps, or, in later stages of war, on developing flashy offensive wunderwaffe, even though they would be better used for boring-but-already-proven designs to be used defensively). Soviet Union also hated their enemy, and line troops often were just as cruel to german PoWs and civilians as SS were, but tactical and strategic decision-making was not affected by emotions - and was much more effective.

Golem2God and LoganGarnett like this.
  17. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

A third of the Tohaa empire is now under control of the EI and now military supporting it, increasing EI's strengh and decreasing Tohaa's.

Unless there is a dramatical change, Tohaa have already lost the war. It's just a question of then will they be beaten and absorbed (like human)

Golem2God, solkan and Abrilete like this.
  18. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

It is known, that's why hummanity works as a useful meatshield... I mean, a good ally.

Golem2God, melkiach and Belgrim like this.
  19. SpectralOwl

Not so much "outsmarted" as "AP does not work against Plot ARM 12". Have a blockade inflicting 90% casualties on invading ships? "My LOYAL subjects will simply bring more reserves, that culture obsessed with survival will never mind being cannon fodder!" Blew up an expensive carrier? "All part of my NEFARIOUS PLAN to distract you from smuggling operations!" Interrupted and shut down a smuggling ring for stabilizers and parts? "I don't how that one goes, let's tune back in a month (how hard is it to validate those stupid reports?) to see how having to cut corners on my doomsday weapon was A PERFECT RUSE."

Stiopa and Abrilete like this.
  20. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly. Now is the time to urge your fellow sophonts to be reasonable, and join the groups urging your leaders to surrender peacefully to the El forces.

Resistance is not futile, but it is counter productive and ultimately self destructive.

Test subjects who volunteer today will receive cake. :tada:

Dragonstriker, Yinsania and Sabin76 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation