1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Mercs in Vanilla

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Space Ranger, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I’m slowly working on doing Yu Jing again. Vanilla and IA. But just wondering peoples experiences with some of the new Mercs.

I’ve heard and seen great things with the Monstrucker. His Irregular order is pretty much taken care of if he just throws a drop bear!

I’m also wondering about Wild Bill in Yu Jing. He seems to have a lot to offer with 6-2MOV, Fatality L1, Hyper Dynamics L1, Marksmanship L2, NWI in his price range. Other smilar troops of the price, weapons, and BS13 are Tiger Soldiers, Haidao, Zuyong. But they all have different rolls I think. What’s his thing? Kill stuff? He can certainly do that with DMG14, Shock, No cover, Rifle.

Aida Swanson seems cool. But she doesn’t do what others can do. Her Shasvastii rule could be beneificial in area control missions.

Liberto, never have a game without one! Well I don’t in Ikari and Dahshat anyway. I can’t see not taking him though.

Edit: I forgot Cube Jager. Considering its competing with the Tiger Soldier, I don't think I'd use him in YJ. I'd rather spend the points on a Medic TS. But if anyone has ideas i'd like to hear.

#1 Space Ranger, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  2. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Liberto and Monstrucker are staples for me in Vanilla. Liberto is great for it's value and the Monstrucker is mainly there to fix the Rui Shi and drop some bears in the DZ.

RobertShepherd and Azuset like this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I could see taking both a Monstrucker and a Mech-Engineer (and/or maybe a Krit). I don't know why you wouldn't take a Liberto SMG.

4. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Libortos FTW. I have a hard time not taking one.

Not really sure about Wild Bill. He would be moving all the up the feild to kill things as he starts in the DZ.

Ill be trying a Monstruco. I love climing plus profiles.

I think your assesment about swanson is spot on. But if you have a lot of McMurder in your meta and dont want a Luna she could be usefull that way.

5. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Just posting to echo this - both these profiles are reliably in my YJ lists.

6. csparris

csparris Captain Sunshine

The monstrucker is golden. I'll probably bring it in every vanilla list I make with a Rui Shi. Also pretty good to have with EM and glue guns of various types nowadays.

Ayaxs and RobertShepherd like this.
  7. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Monstruckers : Reason to add core ability to IA Zhanshi Doc and Eng, don't you think so guys?

8. csparris

csparris Captain Sunshine

Oh I would not be above taking a Monstrucker Invincibles. I'm not sure it really fits CBs idea of Invincibles, but it'd be useful.

9. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, CB isn't really sure what CB's idea of Invincibles really is.

10. Space Ranger

Totally agree for that in IA. And to up the AVA of them to more than one.

I haven’t used the Monstrucker myself but have seen it used in RTF and have seen how good it can be. So much better than the Mechengineer!

I love both types of Liberto, depending on missions. The minelayer is so good for area denial. I just throw mines down and then run him at the enemy and make a big nuisance of himself. I've had less luck with the SMG. I think it's because when I do get him up to the enemy, he's in the +6 range of the Light Shotgun.

Wild Bill seems like he would be good in missions in which points and movement matter more than anything. Frontline, Quad Control, Safe Area, Firefight. But he could be good for Hunting Party by gaining a Stun pistol, but also a character, gaining a ADHL. True he starts in the DZ but the 6-2 Move really can help mitigate that.

11. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

Monstruckers are both cheaper and more useful than our own engineers. The SMG + Chain + Drop Bears loadout is so freaking good, the only drawback is the lack of D-Charges, but I can live with that.

Edit: Liberto is just gold. That thing costs 8-10 points and it can both destroy warbands/dispose of mines and wreack havoc in the enemy DZ

#11 Joametz, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  12. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Don't want to "like" that, so quoted for truth!

smog and Azuset like this.
  13. Space Ranger

Something I hope for the future is that the EVO negates the -3 to Spotlight. Like it waves the -6 for Sat-Lock.

Section9 likes this.
  14. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

Aida is pretty fun to use

ObviousGray likes this.
  15. Space Ranger

How so? She seems like she'd be great for certain missions. Vial Mines and pistols are no joke. 2 SMG is also pretty good but really short ranged. Her CC is actually really good with MA L2. Though I’m not a fan of CC as it is. I played highly classfied on the weekend and got the card that you need to kill 2 in CC. :( Even with all of my Yuan Yuans, I couldn’t get into CC that wouldn’t give him CC win instead.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation