1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proxy Rules and Remotes

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by JudgeDee7, Oct 18, 2019.

1. JudgeDee7

JudgeDee7 Member

Hey everyone,
    I’ve noticed that for many of the factions, the remote models tend to look similar and not have particularly distinctive features (especially in a game with generally unique and characterful models). How acceptable is remote proxy for tournaments? For instance, would I be allowed to proxy a Lu Duan as a Rui Shi or a Panguiling as a yaokong?
    Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

ITS rules as written there is no issue

JudgeDee7 likes this.
  3. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Only restrictions are that that S value size of the base is the same and that the model be (primarily made up of) CB.

#3 Sabin76, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    JudgeDee7 likes this.
  4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

The only other consideration is that it needs to not be unclear or confusing to you or your opponent. Make sure you’re being consistent in what stands for what so that everyone can always be on the same page about which models have which capabilities.

JudgeDee7, colbrook and Hecaton like this.
  5. Doppelgganger

Doppelgganger Well-Known Member

from the its documents:
    "PROXIES Under no circumstances can miniatures from other brands or manufacturers be used as proxies. The use of other Corvus Belli miniatures is allowed; however, players must inform their adversary which trooper is being represented. The figure must use the same size base as the trooper being represented."

it'snot the S, it's the size

JudgeDee7 and Sabin76 like this.
  6. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Lu Duan, Rui Shi and Pangguling are all large remotes.

Yaokong are small remotes.

Make sure you use the right base size and you’re all good! I see people using remotes as proxy more often than not.

I suggest buying a box of small REM and and box of large REM, pick whichever you think look the best from any of the faction available and paint them to match your army.

As YJ, you’ll field them quite a bit as their remotes are particularly great in their faction!

JudgeDee7 likes this.
  7. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

The tournament organizer has the final word, when in doubt email him and ask. If it's really confusing, the opponent complaints and the judge agrees, you might have problems. Technically ITS allows proxying as posted above, but in practice few organizers care - some may restrict proxying, some may allow non-CB minis if they're close enough visually, etc.

Also, the golden rule is "you proxy it, you care for it" - that is, it's your responsibility to have the opponent know that the yaokong double-taped onto an extra 55mm base is a Yaoxie Ruishi and not a Yaopu Pangguling (or vice versa), even if he asks every few minutes.

JudgeDee7 likes this.
  8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I use the standard YJ remotes, but since I cannot stand the looks of the YJ combatbots and baggagebots, so I use the Nomad Tsyklon/Lunokhod for the combat REMs and lightly-modified Haqq Kameels as my baggagebots.

I also have enough of the 1/72 scale Tachikoma bots to field full JSA AVA of the small bots. I found a Fuchikoma model in PVC that is acting as the Rui Shi/Lu Duan (one of each), and I also have two partially-converted Tachikomas that I am turning into Logikomas to use as the Baggagebots. Those aren't ITS-legal, of course, but they look pretty cool.

chromedog likes this.
  9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I like them, but then again, I improved mine significantly. Here's a crappy photo With only base colours below, if interested I could take a better of my Dahshat Rui Shi (which I'm not skilled enough to paint (shoddily) pink, make a snout for, and write "GLORY HOG" in tiny graffiti on the side of)

20190911_211740~2.jpg

Section9 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation