1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from the Miscreants, Mercenaries, and Outcasts

Discussion in 'IC [In-Character]' started by TheDiceAbide, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Drunkergnom

Drunkergnom Well-Known Member

Most important here - soon Haqqs would repair their fleet with recycled hulls and tinfoil. And it will be joy to see how their ships brake from smallest piece of space waste.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  2. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

Again, it's always somewhat funny to hear Ariadnans talk about spaceships and stuff ...

Is the large slingshot to launch die Ariadna Spaceships already built?

3. Drunkergnom

We work on it. Biggest problem - not enough heads and hands to build them. When you have population of medium city and need to defend your home from everyone, you will have some problems with other needs. But sooner or later Haqq will be grounded.

4. Spitfire_TheCat

While I like vengeance, maybe you should calm down first.

Because overall that's a point I don't understand:
    When you are so few people, why betray another small faction (Nomads) and try to hook up with a huge faction like PanO?
    First of all, they don't like Non-PanOs and second you are so few, even if they accept you, you are their Helots from the Woods.
    If you want to stay independent, that doesn't make any real sense.

I would stay the f*ck away from every major faction and their institutions, because I doubt they are your real friends. For them you are just another cheap ressource. Like seen during the last days on the Asteroid. You were used to assault the Hangars of Haqq so the Haqqis stop attacking the (prescious) warehouses of PanO. How did someone say ... " Use up the Irish. The dead cost nothing." Don't be their Irish ...

5. Foxep

Foxep Tropical Vet
    Warcor

I dont know if you are aware that Drunkergnom is a court marshalled commander by the AEC for insubordination. I mean, you are saying some bad things about Ariadna in open statements responding to a commander whose words are no longer a representation of the AEC. A trial was done and the outcome you can go and check. What i mean by all this is that you should restrain from using those words against Ariadna, as true High Commanders are listening and it wont help the Nomads-Ariadna relation in the future, it will only worsen it.

So, rest assured Ariadna knows its bidding, and the only reason we havent stayed next to Haqquislam and Nomads in last conflicts has more to do to Nomads-Haqquislam unreasonable aversion to us, than us not willing to side with you. There has been many attempts to stop the aggressions, and to build new diplomatic bridges between Haqq-Nomads-Ariadna. If you really want that to happen, we will be pleased to receive you and sit at the same table, exchange some words and drinks and sign documents. But, only if you treat Ariadna with respect, no more "helots of the woods" or "Ariadna are the Irish of PanO" sort of things. We signed that treaty with PanO because instead of helping us with our space project, Nomads claimed once and again about past conflicts problems between us. Well, this treaty only shows that we dont need you at all as you dont need us either, but im sure we both would like to be a first choice for deals, and avoid needing to accept third parties ones.

I hope i have been quite clear, if you want us side by side, treat us as equals and lend the hand, forget past conflicts and forge new bridges. You cant blame us if you arent willing to do so.

High Diplomat Foxep, Merovingian Diplomatic Corps of the AEC.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  6. Drunkergnom

There is small part undone - I didn't get my copy of outcome yet along my documents.

7. Spitfire_TheCat

Well, I adress whole Ariadna with what I am saying. As far as I followed your Insubordination Trial I assumed everything is fine as soon as he reports back to Dawn, so ..

Oh and what is this ... I-N-S-U-B-O-R-D-I-N-A-T-I-O-N - thingy? You mean normal Nomads Behavior? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

First of all, I am no official representative of the Nomads Council.

Second, if you want to be treated like equals and want back our respect or want to ally with us again, you will have to do the first step. And not only with word, with actions.

Because you (Ariadna) were the ones betraying us. So you don't have to wonder that there is some "Nomads-Haqquislam Aversion" against Ariadna. This aversion is not unreasonable, the reason is the betrayal by Ariadna.

Till then I have no reason to trust you, or help you in any armed conflict if it is not in my own interest.

And my last statements (Helots of the Woods and Irish of PanO) were not meant to discredit you, but my expression of serious concerns, how PanO might see you in this "alliance". You want to be their cannonfodder? I highly doubt that.

8. Drunkergnom

Everything is fine, yes. I discharge from AEC and start working from "You pay - I fight. You don't pay - I don't fight. You fight Ariadna - I fight against you" position. Best variant in Human Sphere as I see. Exception for Haqqs and their Shasworth friends of course - their contacts would be torn apart. AEC contracts will have priority.

#48 Drunkergnom, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  9. Thandar

Thandar Dedicated Aconteccan Supremacist

Spare us these fairy tales of just Haqqislam forces intervening just as a response. I'm afraid there is no party in Human Sphere now that would like to listen to them. The was no clause about Nomad territories in the nonagression pact between us; and Haqqislam didn't intervened against our operatives in The Gorge when it took place. I suppose you were too busy with pacifiing the Xaracs that time.

Haqqislam intervention to Liberty came much later. I suppose your greedy eyes looked upon Liberty Cargo and your hunger become insatiable; so you reverted to your vulture instinct from the past. It¨s the same old story all the time. An old vulture dreams about being the falcon of the desert, but once he spot something looking edible, he couldn't help himself to become the vulture again.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  10. Drunkergnom

By the way, I had some talks with freed Ariadnian POW from Haqq's camps. They said, that enemy's soldiers and officers regularly tried to convince to make POW join Haqq's military and/or former's harems. As an argument they used clubs and gunbutts. As far as I remember - it is war crime too.

11. Apps0206

Apps0206 Kazak Sneeki Breeki

Each to their own. There was no betrayal as far as we are concerned as we were doing our jobs, and it just so happenned to occur upon Nomad territory. It could have been anywhere but as you know, our enemies are slippery sods.
    It is a real pity, as hurt Nomad pride and poor Ariadnan understanding and communication turned years of working relations sour.

We are trying to make friends, and do keep in mind we ARE relatively new to the space diplomacy community thing, complicated by first contact being bloody conflict again.

12. Spitfire_TheCat

Hmm... trying to steal our space station was your job? Well sure, if you see yourself as a soldier, you do as ordered, but then I'll say your superiors were betraying us.

13. Apps0206

Sure. Stealing something we barely understand and could barely operate. Now why would we do that? Think it through properly, Nomad.

I can see you are still affected by that incident, so regardless of the truth you will lean towards venting that anger and shame.

14. Spitfire_TheCat

Maybe it was shiny and you wanted it. But honestly, Project Buran was even mentioned in some recent threads, so yeah, you tried to capture and steal it.

I'am afraid, PanO will be ripping you off as well, so ... in the end you would have been better of if you would have asked Nomads to build you a space station. But you prefered the other way. We'll see how far it takes you.

15. Drunkergnom

As I see everyone want us removed, but with different targets. It seems like one day human Sphere will unite against Dawn with all their resources. Okay.

16. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Ah, tall tales over a bottle of moonshine. Yarn spun by people trying to convince you they had it worse in the POW camp than you had it on the frontline. Trying to gain your sympathy.

I trust impartial NGOs more. International Red Cross was around way longer than any of the current interstellar powers, and their inspection reports on Haqq POW and internment facilites point out everything was in accordance to Internaitonal Law of Armed Conflict standards, and in most aspects, far better than the minimums required.

You do have evidence proving otherwise?
    There are appropriate international institutions that would deal with these accusations you throw around so eagerly.
    Bring it. Bring in your evidence. I dare you.

Otherwise, your words are merely slander.

17. Drunkergnom

Unlogical. Most of them already knows that I am penal soldier. Why they need my sympathy?
    Red Cross see one ideal camp, write report about it and get their asses to home. Or get their payment and give needed result. ACC shows it already
    To let you say that it fabricated?

18. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Ah. So - no evidence. Just empty words.
    Just proving your words are worth less than the air you used up to speak them.

This doesn't make your future look any brighter on the private military contractor market. I can hardly imagine any employer willing to contract a merc who does only talk, but never delivers.
    Perhaps you should rethink your career choice. Return to Dawn, take up onion farming. The onions don't care for what you tell, I guess.
    And once you cut one, at least no-one will doubt your tears are true then.

19. Drunkergnom

I can send their hands with bruises as photo. About recruitment - well, it is harder. At least you can say, that it is just talking.
    If something will get wrong, we still have 2 transports. After some modernization they can be used in other way.
    Oh, on Bourak you didn't learn botany, did you? Earth agricultures can't grow on Dawn. It was first problem for colonists.

20. Apps0206

As I said, your pride and bitterness blinds you. Or maybe you just hate PanO as much as we do, but at least we are willing to work together with any human race when the situation calls for it.
    It really just is unfortunate, and I honestly hope it will be resolved soon, especially with the aliens knocking.

Hey! Leave our onions alone! And our potatoes and garlic as well for that matter!

Foxep likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation