1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Tactic Guide] Maximus

Discussion in 'Core Set' started by Croepoek, Nov 7, 2018.

1. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Well, she can keep the taunt states relevant the whole game, in a way she's "giving" taunt states by flipping them over.

2. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

Could it be that @treiral uses Eclypse to keep characters taunted that have been taunted? Using Moon Cycle on characters who have activated and had their taunted flipped to blue side "X", she just flips them back and if she is lucky flips taunt back on two characters with her :3::3: switch.

3. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

I see... Good point, but Sr. Massacre can Taunt time after time, and easily ─ so I prefer Parvati who gives me those precious Tactics, heals, removes annoying States (Immobilized), shoots and runs.

Maybe I'd choose Eclypse building a team around Prysm, but I need someone to remove States, because Maximus can score thanks to his Implacable and his :Q:Agility, but :G:Immobilized can destroy our main strategy (very weak one).

:wink:

4. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Yeah, I'd also go with Parvati if I wanted to play conservatively, her ability to heal and the card for initiative sure helps a bunch. But Eclypse is more aggressive, she can :S:dazzle, which means range attackers will be unable to deal damage, important in a mostly melee team, and she can strike back safely in later turns; she can :O:hide Maximus, making it a pain for hExX3r to displace him out of a scoring zone; and it's not like she can't flip those :G:immobilize states, both in tactics and in actions; talking about tactics, using Luxumbra she can also displace somebody with the :O:hidden or :J:marked state, which means she can ensure that Maximus gets in, or somebody else gets out; and finally her :J:marked ability might be useful to jump Sr. Massacre around with Tangana.

It's true that missing a healer in a full-on taunt team is a risk, but it's probably a fair trade-off.

tartopom and Roadrunner7431 like this.
  5. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

Great thing about that combo is that through Vade Retro you may push both Max and Hexxer where you need them to be at the same time, since it's very easy to get Switches with it. Then you activate Max and suddenly he's already in the scoring zone and can focus on dishing out the pain. In Round One.

Croepoek likes this.
  6. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Maximus is good but he's definitely one of the more difficult characters to master. I quite like how he's designed actually.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  7. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Oh, so you like, uh?
    *he says while opening the falcon-wing door of his Delorean*

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  8. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

I wonder about Scram! @-V-:

It does not mention enemies but targets. Since allies and obstacles can be targets, too: Do you displace all enemies (and their allies = obstacles) or everything/everyone?

9. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

So you must Displace all around you: Allies, Enemies and Obstacles (you choose order).

Ealthril, moonpost and Croepoek like this.
  10. Ealthril

Ealthril Well-Known Member
    Warcor

That's so cool !

It's changing my mind about how to unlock situations like being blocked by Gorgoneions :yum:

11. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Glad to read that!

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  12. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

To be fair, Max doesn't worry too much about Gorgoneions.

But Scram! does allow other Aristos, who suffer more from them, to escape.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation