1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRRF win Arizona Armagedon

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Marduck, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

I saw on the white noise page that a MRRF Player (imp!) won a major US tournament with MRRF.

I would be very interested having some feedback about what he played, how he played it etc ...

@Myomer since you faced him in the final round, what can you tell us about this game ? From the result it seems it was a very tight game.

Golem2God, Jumara, Thjazi and 9 others like this.
  2. Zachilles

Zachilles Well-Known Member

Oh wow color me intrigued, looking forward to seeing what he took and how it shook out!

3. Myomer

Myomer Tyrannosaur in an F-14
    Warcor

Indeed, it was quite close. Thankfully we both made our Lisbon officer rolls so that was a non-issue, and he won 5-4.

At the end I controlled and activated one console, while he activated the other and we contested control. In the last order he moved to the techcoffin with a Loup garou and killed my data tracker at the safe time.

He used a Loup Garou haris, mixed Moblot core, a pair of zouvaes, and three chasseurs. Ish.

I’ll leave it to him to tell the story of the game and share what he wishes on White Noise, but I can say that his AP Sniper Chasseur put in some work :wink:

4. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Beautiful.

5. Tongfa

Tongfa ULTRA INSTINCT UKR

meta pickers in shambles.

6. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Truly intriguing..

7. theradrussian

theradrussian Well-Known Member

But how many crits did the BS11 mimetism only sniper platform roll? Meta picks are oft-determined by probabilities, so they're meta picks for a reason...

8. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

The AP sniper Chasseur is the highest-damage weapon in MRRF's arsenal, by some metrics. I could see why someone might find it useful. I've used TO camo snipers to great effect, but never regular camo.

9. Marduck

Mixted moblot : not my fav because it's quiet expensive. But best gun you can get in MRRF. Did he moved it forward or stay in it's DZ until the end ?

Haris loup : Great. Cost efficient imho.

Couple zouaves : that's a surprising one to me, unless it was the HMG or Sniper. I usually prefer the chasseur to the zouave because being a camo greatly help to survive in the middle field, or the infiltrating moblot for shotgun in aro.

Chasseur : no surprise except for the sniper. It's an ok profile to me but I usually don't take it because I want these middle field camo chasseur.
    Makes me want to try it. Was it and aro piece or did he use it in active turn ?

Can't wait to hear more in white noise.
    @Myomer what did you play so that we get an idea ?
    Thanks for the feedback.

#9 Marduck, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  10. thirteenpixels

thirteenpixels Well-Known Member

Myomer was playing Hassassins

11. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

12. Marduck

Hey thanks for sharing. Here it is if you don't have FB :

Force de Réponse Rapide Merovingienne
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 9
    MÉTRO Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)
    MÉTRO Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)
    MÉTRO Lieutenant Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)
    MOBLOT (Sapper) HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 31)
    MOBLOT Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    MOBLOT Boarding Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    CHASSEUR (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    CHASSEUR (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    CHASSEUR AP Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 26)

GROUP 26 / 1
    ZOUAVE (Sapper) Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    ZOUAVE (Sapper) HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    LOUP-GAROU (Fireteam: Haris) Viral Rifle, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    LOUP-GAROU Viral Rifle, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    LOUP-GAROU Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
    112 Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 12)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Off course it doesn't tell us much without the missions being played his game plan.

I could guess the way most of the stuff is used but the sniper on the loup-garou and on the chasseur is surprising to me. Overall there are a lot of snipers. I wonder if they are played as ARO pieces or active turn gunfighters. And if they are played as ARO, how does he prevent a Kriza, kamau or anything with good BS and HMG to destroy it.

I wonder if he uses the chasseur sniper the way I like to use the scout minelayer, in the middle of table on a big tower, ready to take oppotunistic shots, or in the DZ as an ARO ?

Really makes me want to play MRRF more.

Foxep and RobertShepherd like this.
  13. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

The value of Sniper Rifles isn't just table-wide coverage, but also the ability to operate at oblique angles to cover shorter ranges. Rather than trying to contest the big lane where the Kriza and Kamau live, you can overlap your fields of fire to cover the approaches where warbands, AD, combat REMs, and other quick aggressive threats like to live. It feels to me like the true multitool approach, right? Nothing individually is exceptional, but you create a lot of opportunities for an individual unit to be in the right place at the right time. The best example being that Zouave HMG... Maybe not an exceptional piece on its own, but suddenly you realize that you have a de facto HMG that can potentially work angles on troops that thought they were safe. Plunge fire from a building, or camp safely until Turn 2 or Turn 3, and watch the massive order drain as the opponent tries to remove that threat. Then suddenly the warband or Camo trooper they're sending to hunt your Zouave is being contested by Sniper shots coming from odd angles, none of which are visible from the long lanes, and it just becomes a massive order drain as you try to root out all the little individual threats.

Remember too that Myomer was playing HB. MRRF's big drawbacks (thin f2f margins, light weapons) aren't aren't too bad vs HB, who have a similar style and very similar constraints. It's the kind of matchup where you can leave a BS12 Burst 2 Sniper or Viral Rifle out to ARO, and actually expect to threaten something.

AdmiralJCJF, Smiler and SpectralOwl like this.
  14. Nomadimp

Nomadimp Well-Known Member

Wow I’m looking forward to hearing a recap because that’s so different from any mrrf list I’ve played it almost looks randomly generated. But at the same time I can kinda see how it might work just from saturating the board with moderately good pieces and winning via attrition.

15. Marduck

I tried a variation of this list for Counter Measure. It's not especially good, and MRRF strugle to make some clasiffied, especially thoses requiering to do a cloce combat attack, but I found interessting the sniper spam able to cover various angles meaning (the ennemy big HMG can't be everywhere and it takes alot of order for him to kill all of them), the versatility of the moblot FT, and the fact that you get quiet a lot of orders.

I'm looking forward to play more with this kind of list.

Force de Réponse Rapide Merovingienne
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10
    MÉTRO Lieutenant Fusil / Pistolet, Couteau. (0 | 8)
    MÉTRO Fusil / Pistolet, Couteau. (0 | 8)
    MÉTRO Infirmier (MédiKit) Fusil / Pistolet, Couteau. (0 | 10)
    ALGUACIL Hacker (Dispositif de Piratage) Fusil Combi / Pistolet, Couteau. (0.5 | 18)
    MOBLOT Mitrailleuse / Pistolet, Couteau. (1.5 | 29)
    MOBLOT Ingénieur Fusil, Fusil à Pompe Léger, Charges Creuses / Pistolet, Couteau. (0 | 25)
    MOBLOT Fusil d'Abordage, Panzerfaust / Pistolet, Couteau. (0 | 23)
    LOUP-GAROU (Fireteam: Haris) Fusil Viral, Grenades Étourdissantes / Pistolet, Couteau. (0.5 | 22)
    LOUP-GAROU Fusil de Sniper / Pistolet, Couteau. (0.5 | 21)
    LOUP-GAROU Fusil d'Abordage, Lance-Adhésif, Grenades Étourdissantes / Pistolet, Couteau. (0 | 18)

GROUP 25 / 1
    WARCOR (Viseur 360º) Pulsation Flash / Pistolet Étourdissant, Couteau. (0 | 3)
    CHASSEUR (Observateur d'Artillerie) Fusil, Lance-flammes Léger, Mines Antipersonnel / Pistolet, Couteau. (0 | 20)
    CHASSEUR (Observateur d'Artillerie) Fusil, Lance-flammes Léger, Mines Antipersonnel / Pistolet, Couteau. (0 | 20)
    ZOUAVE (Sapeur) Fusil de Sniper / Pistolet, Couteau. (0.5 | 25)
    ZOUAVE (Sapeur) Mitrailleuse / Pistolet, Couteau. (1.5 | 30)
    112 (Motorized) Fusil à Pompe Léger / Pistolet, Arme CC. (1 | 20)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Káosz Brigodéros and Foxep like this.
  16. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

Interesting list, @Marduck !
    Edit: Did you consider including Mirage-5? (Overlooked first the motorized 112.) Duroc is not bad at CC.

17. Marduck

My idea was to try a variation of the Arizona satellite winner.

But you are right, maybe it would be a good idea to use them. Characters and duroc is good in CC.

Here is an idea :
    Force de Réponse Rapide Merovingienne──────────────────────────────────────────────────GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1 MÉTRO Lieutenant Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8) MÉTRO Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8) MÉTRO Paramedic (Medikit) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10) MÉTRO Paramedic (Medikit) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10) ALGUACIL Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18) BRIGADIER BRUANT Molotok, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 28) BRISCARD (Forward Observer) Marksman Rifle / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25) EQUIPE MIRAGE-5 undefined. (2 | 71) [​IMG] MARGOT AP Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (37) [​IMG] DUROC 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / AP CC Weapon. (34)GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7 112 (Motorized) Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 20) CHASSEUR (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20) CHASSEUR (Forward Observer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20) ZOUAVE (Sapper) Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25) DOZER (Traktor Mul Control Device) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14) TRAKTOR MUL (Total Reaction) Uragan MRL / Electric Pulse. (1 | 18) TRAKTOR MUL (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (0 | 5) 6 SWC | 300 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

Maybe you can achieve it by retrograding the link to metros with Bruant.

#17 Marduck, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation