1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isolating Ghost : Servant/Synchronized units

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Kreslack, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

If the synchronized unit like a palbot, yudbot, or the Sirusbot or DevilDog's Antipode. Get's hit by a jammer and get isolated what happens?

Are they unable to act on their controllers orders anymore? But they don't receive/generate orders directly in the first place. In the case of the Sirius bot it's repeater [comms equipment] would be shut down. But do they go disconnected? [I could only find mention of the bots going disconnected if the controller becomes isolated] or just continue to operate as normal with their controller on his orders?

2. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I believe the consensus from the last time this was asked was that, although awkward to explain, isolating a servant/sync'd unit is a waste of an isolation (though, as you said, isolating the controller disconnects them).

Urobros likes this.
  3. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

I was trying to find where this was discussed before, but couldn't turn up anything in my searches.

4. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

5. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Section9 likes this.
  6. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

I think the problem comes when the text for G:Sync was changed, loosing the tag "comms device", what allow to isolate the G:Sync. Without that tag the antipodes, k9, etc. can move at free will around jammers. And the g:sync with the REM tag can only be Immovilized, but not isolated from "hackers devices".

So, you are right, for the moment, a G:Serv can't be isolated. So, "fear not jammers" ;)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation