1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CURFEW at Gallery maze VIOLATED BY NOMADS - STOP #NOMADNESS

Discussion in 'IC [In-Character]' started by Luisjoey, Oct 9, 2019.

?

What About Nomad´s transgression

1. They are with combined army look at their tags.

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. They are suplanted by shasvastii

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. they are noMADs so they dont know what they are doing

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  1. Drunkergnom

Drunkergnom Well-Known Member

It's hard to afford space program with small population and without proper shipyards.
    Stop. Is station fragile enough to be broken by small arms fire? Is it made from tinfoil?

2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

You call a Tankhunter's Autocannon "small arm"? Not to mention all those missile launchers and other explosive ordnance.

3. Drunkergnom

Yep. It's only about 20(30) mm cannon. For space station it must be nothing.
    One portable missle has less then 10 kg explosives, that is not enough even to make scratch on side. But if you can kill bear by throwing peanut, so only one wish from me. I wanna watch this.

4. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

That would be the one you live in throwing stones about betrayal?

Agricultural terms don't mean a lot to me, I'm afraid, my family are Gunsmiths, engineers, miners and pool table felt merchants.

5. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Absolutely. I just have to comission a Bakunin Clockmaker to build me a peanut thrower that is going to propel said peanuts at adequate velocity.
    Knowing them Clockmakers, I wouldn't be surprised to see the peanuts getting to travel at near-C...

And in the meantime, I'll have to call in a favour with the Hassassins, and make them show you how to dispose of a bear without blasting it to pieces. Options include luring it away with honey, for example. I trust you do have a supply of bears big enough (no, yout collection of teddybears does not count) to last thorough an extended presentation...?

Though I feel some quthorities are going to be a mite curious how of al things you managed to smuggle that many bears into a space station...

6. Drunkergnom

Throw only by hand of course. With hi-tec it is too easy.
    Hehehe, you don't know bears of Dawn. They are not so peaceful as on Earth. Make a trip through wildness of Tataria and soon you find one. And one free advise - drop your armor, it would be useless.
    I know only one use of teddybears - as lure on the minefield.

#46 Drunkergnom, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  7. Spitfire_TheCat

Spitfire_TheCat Feel the Wrath of the Miezi-Bot

@cazboab and @Drunkergnom
    I'll cite an old movie about some submarine (looked comparable to a space station: air inside, outside ... not)
    For you it might even be the current blockbuster:
    "... be careful what you shoot at. Most things in here don't react too well to bullets."

Maybe from now on you should read this line everytime you go to a fight in a space station or other vessel in space.

8. cazboab

Yes I'm sure every nation has based their SOP in boarding actions on movies...

While its true nothing is truly bullet proof, any space station built to code would have to resist micrometeorites that are far more energetic than even a 30MM autocannon APFSDS round...
    D-charges could do it if placed exactly on the stress points of the structure in frankly ludicrous quantities. While the Dozers and Irmandinos are capable of very creative solutions even I have to admit skepticism about their ability to do so in an enemy held vessel quickly enough that nobody could discover and disarm enough of the devices to reduce the damage to controllable levels.

Luisjoey likes this.
  9. Spitfire_TheCat

Well, I didn't blame Ariadna directly. There were many factions involved, some of them are not very sympathetic towards Nomads. It could have been PanO or Aleph, who knows? Or the combination was just too much. If you damage something enough, it breaks down.

Maybe the power supply was damaged and a chain reaction happened that weakened the structure enough. Who knows.

Even if someone willfully damaged the station it could have been everyone. Like I mentioned Aleph and PanO were involved as well. Some of those crazy knights might have went nuts?

I just don't see why Nomads are to blame if our Space Station breaks down while every other faction is fighting for it / in it / around it for days.

theGricks likes this.
  10. Drunkergnom

But you tried before. Now you try to hide it.

11. Spitfire_TheCat

I blame you that you tried to steal it. That's a difference.

When you blamed Nomads to have destroyed it, I replied it broke down "... because absolutely everyone was shooting wildly around to take control of it?"

There is no word where I blamed (only) Ariadna for destroying it.

12. cazboab

While I'm not blaming the Nomad Nation directly, there are several possible scenarios that would lay the blame at the door of nomad (or"nomad") individuals:

1, Someone figured that LaForja didn't need to be built to sustain damage and remain operational, this person or persons probably pocketed the budget for the heavy structural work and did a cosmetic treatment instead.
    2, The build was substandard.
    3, Self destruction in an effort to conceal guilt (accidental or deliberate) in smuggling Shasvastii.
    4, incompetent or understaffed maintenance.
    5, Resisting an O12 mandated investigation, leading to heavy discharge of small arms, the cumulative effect of which resulted in the loss of structural integrity.

13. Spitfire_TheCat

O12 mandated investigation. Yeah, right. The sorry escuse for attacking Nomads, over and over again. You wanted to steal the station. You even admitted it. I have seen your Buran-Trailers.

So most likely it was:
    6, Damage because of consistent fighting of several heavily armed factions onboard and around it, trying to gain control of the station for their own advantage. LaForja was no military Space Station, no warship like the YuJing Fregate, it was a civilian space station. You can claim hundreds of times that "a spacestation has to sustain battles onboard using missile launchers, autocannons, D-charges, Multi-HMG, HRMC aso." but I'd like to point out that Ariadna has not even managed to get a station into space. Maybe because the "space bunker" you tried to launch was far too heavy to get anywhere near space.

I don't even know why we are discussing this. Ariadna tried to capture the space station. A fact. There were heavy fightings inside and around the space station that weakened its structural integrity (because it was a civiliian station). Also a fact, because every other enemy of ours tried to get inside the station as well. So LaForja broke down. If there were Shasvastii in the Space Station, they would have been found. LaForja didn't explode in a gigantic fireball, it just broke down. Any Shasvastii Bodys would float around inside or outside the station, if they would have been there.

You are searching for Shasvastii? Have a look at the Maze. There is a nest of these creatures there. But obviously noone cares. Not Aleph, not O-12 and for sure not Ariadna.

14. Drunkergnom

We already found them on Haqq territory, but Haqq troopers defend Shasvastii property zealously.

15. Spitfire_TheCat

And you are sure that the Shasvastii are still there after you "found" them? Don't you think they retreat to a more ... unclear location? Like the Maze? In these vast tunnels anything can hide and can be hidden. The Haqq Hangars are pretty easily searched, but the Maze not. So I suggest you have a look at the maze instead of focusing on some grudges against Haqq.

16. Drunkergnom

They are under protection on Haqq territory, why go to Maze?
    Nope. It is hard to search under fire.
    Xaraks slaughter must be refunded in enemy's blood.

17. Spitfire_TheCat

Because they are no longer in the Hangars, they are in the Maze. Nomads found them. But this is not about Shasvastii, is it? Never was. For none of the factions.

18. Drunkergnom

Now they are trying to escape and it is easier do it through Haqq territory as refugees. But yes, now it is getting more about revenge.

19. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

I doubt that. Here at O-12 we are taking the Shasvastii threat very seriously. They are everywhere! I even came accross some near Yu-Jing barracks, as you can see there. You will also be able to spot that Tohaas are really not a specie to trust at any cases, the Oberhaus will have to take some serious measures to restrain their freedom once this war is over.

MikeTheScrivener likes this.
  20. Demotron

Demotron Active Member

OOC: @Lady Numiria Your batrep is enjoyable to read. I may consider doing in same style, if it wasn't "copycatting" xD

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation