1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brass Tacks: How the CA wins

Discussion in 'OOC [Out of character]' started by Hoffbauer, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Hoffbauer

Hoffbauer Amicable Dissenter

[​IMG]
    P.24 of the PHASE 2 pdf

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If Ariadna/O-12, Haqqislam, ALEPH don't control those locations by the end, Paradiso won't be a unique event.

2. Sergej Faehrlich

Sergej Faehrlich Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Nobody can tell you, how exactly the EI will win...we will show you!

3. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

There are a few problems with the theory.

1 it's not a declaration of rules, it's a flavor piece.
    2 There are NO joint forces within the system.
    3 Haqqislam are arguably already compromised via darkstar, and the suspicion brought on themselves by attacking the battery field. meaning that if they hold the CA forces may actually have a better chance of escape.
    4 Saying to half of the factions they should only defend would make for the most boring campaign ever.

4. Cabaray

Cabaray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

OOC:
    Ariadna is attacking the Traffic Control and will keep doing it. Diplomatically cause the deal has been made with O-12, PanOceania, Aleph and Yujing and all the boasting and videomaking has been done. Ariadna are not the once easily going back on their word. Militarily because Haq Islam deserves it after their sudden strike in phase I (and OOC both HQs contacted each other and want to get it on!). Narrative-wise, cause their are some things rolling on the RP-front that will be pretty cool (for friend and foe) and last but not least, we want to attack cause defending is less interesting. Attacking the Haq Islam is a good moral booster within the Ariadna ranks and a good reason to write those reports.

This thing from the PDF will be seen as propaganda. Cause Ariadna can also stop the Shashvastii if they take control of the Traffic Control, its how us stubborn folk think.

We are gonna have fun and I advice for everyone involved to do the same. If the Nomads want to rip the Aleph a new one, they should go at it. Because if we stop fighting on all these 3 zones, while calling the zones we can safely fight on irrelevant....this thing will get stale pretty quickly.

For at least the last 3 campaigns, the Combined Army did not even get a foot in the door when it comes down to conquering areas. Even with resounding wins for Humanity on those fronts and a whole EI ship taken during Wotan, the 3th offensive kicked off and Daedalus fell. So don't feel bad if we ignore it. Humanity is screwed anyway ;-)

Better to have fun battles, reports and RP to see if anything we do will stick in the Story (like with Buran).

5. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I would get the idea of meta gaming and "how to win" out of your mind. Just enjoy the IC politics, battle reps and how it all unfolds.

6. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

@Hoffbauer You are far from alone in worrying over those win conditions. They aren't certain, but that is pretty specific phrasing, and it will sting if the Shasvastii make a full escape and their 70% becomes 90% on whatever doomsday device they're preparing to hit Earth/Concilium.

At the same time, IC wheels are in motion, and the strength of evidence about these end goals is going to be weak indeed since the screenshot above encompasses the sum total of our information. I think, if Corvus Belli really wanted to make the implied win-conditions laid out there WORK in a way that impacted player decisions, they'd have given us more... a captured Shasvastii giving up details of an escape plan before biting down on a suicide pill/perishing in the face of the noble zeal for truth that is the Imperial Service, an intercepted data drone, or something along those lines. As it stands, while players themselves might be convinced, players acting in-character will have little more than pseudo-AI simulations and intel chatter to base their choices on, rather than something concrete.

Now, having seen opinions across the Yu Jing playerbase and high command, this issue seems of PARTICULAR concern to those choosing to fight for the StateEmpire (to let the IC section briefly leak into the OOC, this is clearly because Yu Jing's officers place the good of humanity above all else, clear proof we are rightful leaders of the Human Sphere!), and as can be seen in places such as @YueFei23 's thread those concerns will be emerging IC. That will put us a bit at odds with the likes of Ariadna, whose perspective on what needs to be done is very different... "Disrupting Haqqislam control could make an opening for Shasvastii infiltrators!" "Haqq control IS the opening for Shasvastii infiltrators!" but that is interesting ground for commanders on both sides to explore in our IC posting.

7. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

I mean....yea if we cared about winning. We have long seen though that the player base has a narrative and idea in mind and then CB has something they crafted several months ago and we don't get the narrative until AFTER everything's been done. So I think at this point, we will play something that has grown naturally through the short campaign lifespan rather than just go oh yea Haqq and Ariadna, totally best friends again, yea. That whole kicking them in the groin. Nah water under the bridge.

8. havocfett

havocfett Well-Known Member

No worries, we'll just hold the spaceport and it won't be a problem. I encourage all Ariadnans to take their shot.

Foxep likes this.
  9. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Maybe we've been expecting too much from CB.

All that results and dramas from campaign, if it does not impact storylines? That will bust campaign participation no doubt.

10. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Has it for the previous 3 campaigns...?
    Because I don't see anything changing in regard to CB's approach.

11. Drunkergnom

Drunkergnom Well-Known Member

I have read it and IHMO we're already lose to CA.

12. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Not sure that how it works.

I think it would be great if CA could score like 6 pts a victory. That way they would be the big threat everybody has to ally against.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  13. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

And we just don't care... Let's have fun, epic battles and nice roleplay, that's what a campaign is all about !
    I see it as a playground for creativity, CB will pick what they want to season their own story.

14. Drunkergnom

Drunkergnom Well-Known Member

Yep. And we need only to break through Haqq's customs and get away.

15. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

They're very big on implying one thing and then doing another in this case.

cazboab likes this.
  16. Ayaxs

Ayaxs Crane agent, Yuandun division.
    Warcor

Welcome to Asteroid Blues, the online campaing where the story is already written an the points dont matter.

[​IMG]

17. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

@Ayaxs my poor sides, you monster

18. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

The points have never mattered, but much like wrestling it's still real to me dammit..
    [​IMG]

19. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

I have always enjoyed the narratives that get created. I honestly rarely remember the actual narrative.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation