1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fumbling through vanilla nomads - Challenger's Batreps & Questions thread

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Challenger, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Challenger

Challenger Well-Known Member

Hi all!

My regular opponent and i have decided to take up new armies to both play against each other to learn the new factions. i of course, picked the mighty nomads :)

Our first game we just played was Nomads v Shasvastii on The Armory.

i took this list:

GROUP 1 9 / 1 / 1
    MORAN Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    HECKLER Combi Rifle, Jammer, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    PUPPET MASTERS (Minelayer) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 14)
    INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
    JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
    HOLLOW MEN Spitfire, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (2 | 36)
    KRIZA BORAC HMG / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (2 | 54)
    BAKUNIN ÜBERFALLKOMMANDO . (0 | 24)
    CHIMERA Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Viral CCW. (0 | 21)
    x3 PUPNIK DA CCW. (0 | 3)
    MARY PROBLEMS Hacker (Forward Deployment L1) Submachine Gun + Zapper, Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 30)

GROUP 24
    MONSTRUCKER Submachine Gun, Chain Rifle, Drop Bears / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 6)
    MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 6)
    TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

6 SWC | 300 Points

while my opponent took 6 taighas, a mentor (LT i think), a hardcore link team of a Gwailo HRL, Victor Messer & Corax Hasht. he had a Caliban or two, some nox troops, two plasma rifle TR bots, and a MSV2 trooper with sapper and an AP marksman rifle.

Turn 1 he rushed up the board with impet and used a co-ordinated order or two to move out a lot of pieces. he ended up with a line into my DZ with one of his two TR bots. he popped the door to the armory using a taigha creature and moved the haiduk in, put him in foxhole and then put him in suppressive fire.

My turn 1 saw the morlocks and the bakunin uberfalls rush to their brave deaths. i lost most of my morlocks to the TR bot and the warbands rushing me. ran into an awkward situation where the chimera was in range of a taigha, and due to their SSL1 they could delay which meant it was suuuuper awkward to declare anything because if i for example did a move into b2b, he would template the chimera. i ended up just having 3 doggos move b2b with it while the chimera slinked past to eventually shoot another taigha in the back.

i popped the door to the armory in and kriza took out the TR bot on the left that had been harrassing my DZ impetuous troops and then fired his HMG into the armory and killed corax hasht, although it took many orders.

Turn 2 he took a panopoly, and then destroyed both using victors gun to lock down the +2 points. His remaining Taighas died here in various ways, like a glorious chain rifle shootout with a morlock. A caliban tried to sneak up on the chimera and SMG it but got nanopulsered to death (the chimera died too). my heckler jammer was killed by a taigha too. he ended the turn with victor messer in the room, the haiduk still in the room, and the gwailo standing just outside.

my turn 2 had a morlock rush in and try to chain rifle everyone, but they either passed their dodges or tanked the save. the kriza put a wound on the gwailo who opted to fail guts and pulled back. Mary problems shot a pitcher near the room and fried victor messer's brain in a hacking battle (Hacktung Baby!). my turn ended with the monstrucker pushing up to the room and throwing a drop bear in. she then stepped into the room and unleashed a chain rifle on foxhole suppressive fire guy. he died to the mine and the chain rifle, and only hit the monstrucker once and she tanked the save. She however did not get more than half in the room so i didn't get to score it.

His turn 3 had the gwailo push in, forcing kriza back by critting him with the HRL (he passed the next arm save from fire thankfully!). he also used co-ordinated orders to push his remaining troops as close to the room as possible.

My Turn 3 saw my flash bot rush for his HVT which had no one around it. Then kriza executed the gwailo (i totaaaaaaaaally forgot about white noise and made the shootout riskier than it had to be). my Hollowmen finally got to do something and he cleared a TR bot and walked into the room defiantly eating a combi rifle because it physically couldn't kill him to secure a 6-3 win for nomads.

Crazy game with chain rifles and warbands flying back and forth and a bloodbath of a fight over the armoury!

my thoughts

• Kriza borac is amazing! i never felt like i had a reliable attack piece before setting this guy to just punch holes in the enemy line
    • going second on armoury is so critical! despite my opponent scoring points from the room it's ultimately irrelevant if you can get the room as the 2nd player on the final turn and complete your classified
    • Warband vs Warband shenanigans are hilarious. 6 Taighas with chain colts and DA CCWs charging 4 morlocks with chain rifles and DA CCWs and the uberfalls was just a bloodbath.
    • The moran underpreformed this game which was a shame, his koalas were detonated harmlessly by taighas and he himself was killed rather unceremoniously by victor messer

Questions time for you experienced players out there:

1) did you like my list? i've really really been going back and forth over how to properly balance my offense with my defense. i played one game on Frontline not long ago where i just could not push because i lacked the pieces i needed to kill things. This game the kriza felt amazing!

2) How on earth do you guys use the Uberfalls? they did okay this game (2 Taigha kills and a Caliban engineer kill, definitely a trade up) but i keep really struggling and getting the chimera in danger. Its hard because shes a lot more vulnerable than the pupniks who have their stellar dodge on 19

dexterv likes this.
  2. Challenger

Challenger Well-Known Member

Biotechvore Tips please!

Upcoming game in the next few days to a week on Biotechvore vs USAriadna. From my understanding of Biotechvore the following things are critical:
    1. Order economy - Impetuous & Command tokens are at a premium to push as many people out of the biotechvore zone and then still manage to get some defenses up
    2. Speed - 4-4 and 4-2 are not as good as 6-x and 8-x since they have an easier time if they have to fight their way out, or are just faster in general
    3. Smoke/White Noise/Eclipse - Considering last game i played it took me a solid 5-6 orders to dislodge one of the enemy's pieces and kill him, smoke could easily save that and let people move up unopposed
    4. Decent durability - Once you're in the 16" safety strip, you can see the whites of the enemies eyes and its going to be a knife fight
    With that in mind, i've come up with 2 potential lists!

#1 i call "Going Heavy" because its packed full of heavy infantry! with 50% heavy infantry, 40% impetuous troops (and all regular impet too!) the list has (hopefully) a lot of staying power. if i go first i'm really relying on the bikes to do a lot of damage

Biotechvore - Going Heavy
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

10 / 4
    ZONDNAUT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 32)
    ZONDMATE Chain Rifle, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher / Electric Pulse. (5)
    KRAKOT RENEGADE Submachine Gun, Chest Mine / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    KRIZA BORAC Lieutenant HMG / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (2 | 54)
    HOLLOW MEN Spitfire, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (2 | 36)
    HOLLOW MEN MULTI Rifle + Pitcher, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 35)
    RIOT GRRL Boarding Shotgun, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    RIOT GRRL Combi Rifle, Blitzen, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
    WILD BILL Contender / 2 MULTI Pistols, Knife. (0 | 25)

6 SWC | 300 Points

#2 - Adding some Morlocks for style, and trying to run a lot of remotes for potential hack buff as well as using their speed.

Nomads
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10 / 4
    KRAKOT RENEGADE Red Fury, Chest Mine / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (1 | 24)
    LUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Heavy Flamethrower, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 25)
    REAKTION ZOND HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    TSYKLON Spitfire, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 31)
    HOLLOW MEN MULTI Rifle + Pitcher, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 35)
    INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    MARY PROBLEMS Hacker (Forward Deployment L1) Submachine Gun + Zapper, Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 30)

GROUP 24

6 SWC | 299 Points

My question
    Am i generally on the right track for Biotechvore? What would you recommend playing on it generally? i always feel like i'm running out of points so quick!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation