1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archangeleong's Ikari Co Army Log

Discussion in 'Ikari Company' started by archangeleong, Mar 1, 2019.

1. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

INFINITY IKARI COMPANY: Druze Shock Team
    [​IMG]
    These guys are badass and have got such a varied set of tools of destruction. All their tactical gear and the dark colours I ended up using makes them look kinda like a SWAT team. It was hard to get the armour highlights right as the vests are cloth covered. At first the highlights looked too bright so I ended up washing dark blue over all the armour to tone them down. Fairly satisfied with the final results despite initial setbacks with painting these guys. I enjoyed painting the HMG lady the most but it is hard to pick a favorite as they are all individually such cool minis. No Merc army should be without a bunch of Druze ;-)

Druze (Chain Colt)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Druze (Marksman Rifle)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Druze (Hacker Combi)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Druze (HMG)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Druze Link Team
    [​IMG]

More pics at: https://archangelelonginfinitythega.../infinity-ikari-company-druze-shock-team.html

2. archangeleong

INFINITY IKARI COMPANY: Fat Yuan Yuan
    [​IMG]

This guy is the best! Fat, loves eating noodles, beer keg rocket pack, how can you not be charmed by this portly, fun loving, fella? This guy was one of the main reasons I started Ikari Co (the other was Druze lady). Why are all the best minis limited edition?. Painted the two versions in different colours to mix things up a bit... Are they brothers or the same guy? Enjoyed painting the OSL and the beer keg the most. I'm an amature when it comes to OSL and I was too conservative with the OSL flames at first but now I'm happier with the result. I redid the green to a bluer tone on the Eating Action guy much later on, which was a pain but blended better with the whole army. Both these guys hold a fond place in my Infinity heart...

Flavour 1: Combat Action
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flavour 2: Eating Action
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fat Bros
    [​IMG]

More Pics: https://archangelelonginfinitythegame.blogspot.com/2019/08/infinity-ikari-company-fat-yuan-yuan.html

3. archangeleong

INFINITY IKARI COMPANY: Scarface & Cordelia
    [​IMG]

Scarface and Cordelia, Mercenary Armoured Team
    These guys are a great team. So much character and coolness, they are the quintessential Infinity sculpts that set this range of miniatures so far above most other miniatures out there. Mostly people seem to paint these guys green like the box art, so I was happy to have a go using Ikari Co colours. Too bad Joe hasn't taken long to smash up his shiny new paint job, despite Cordelia painstakingly sprucing up his customised Ramhorn in these shiny new colours. She may threaten to kill him everytime he does something stupidly reckless, but she can't help but forgive him when he spectacularly pulls of another feat of heroic destruction. Truth be told she gets a kick out of her brother's antics and enjoys fixing his famous TAG almost as much as she loves him.

"Scarface" Joe Turner
    Really enjoyed working on Joe in Ikari Colours. I think they suit him well. I'm happy with how the skin turned out and was surprised that it took about 4 hours working on the face and arms alone. It was little details like stubble and rawness around input plugs that was fun to do (bit hard to see in photos though), but also very time consuming.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cordelia Turner
    Cordelia is a bit of a funny figure. The proportions seem to be pre-CAD and so are a little off, particularly around the face. The TAG on the other hand seems like a CAD sculpt so is very symmetrical and cool (not sure about this fact though). To get around her weird features I gave her an emo/goth look in her makeup to disguise her weirdly proportioned eyes. In any case, this look somehow seems appropriate for a teen who likes fixing big robots and watching her brother blow things up, and, I imagine, listening to punk/emo music whilst thing go boom. I had to carve off the mini's eyebrows mid paint as they were way off a natural look and then sand down the forehead and repaint more natural looking eyebrows. It was a tricky and delicate feature to pull off.

The colours are in the Ikari palette but also with a bit of a nod to Tank Girl. I very much enjoyed doing the torn up stockings also. Overall I'm very happy with how this little lady turned out. Imho I think I got a pretty good result with a bit of a mediocre miniature.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Scarface" Ramhorn 327 Series T.A.G
    The TAG was a truly epic effort to get finished and I have to say it was a little daunting to even start. I didn't give up and chipped away at different sections on it over the past three weeks. I tried to work light over the figure from the top like the sun reflecting off a car. To this end, I have been studying cars each morning on my way to work these last few weeks. The lighting is as realistic as I could manage but I also took a little artistic license here and there to create depth and foreground. It was likewise fun to do a bit of freehand on the large panels. Overall I'm happy with how it turned out but exhausted from the effort.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scarface and Cordelia
    [​IMG]

Scarface and Scarface
    [​IMG]

Scarface & Cordelia & TAG
    [​IMG]

Scarface re-enacts the battle that earned him his name.
    [​IMG]

#63 archangeleong, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  4. Fathoym

Fathoym Well-Known Member
    Warcor

What a mammoth update! Absolutely stunning work as always, put's my SF&C to shame

archangeleong likes this.
  5. archangeleong

INFINITY IKARI COMPANY: Authorized Bounty Hunter (Boarding Shotgun and Bike)

[​IMG]

Stunning model, with that signature stylish and sexy Infinity style. I converted this little lady so that she'd resemble the CB pinup artwork more closely and not obscure her tactical assets with a big gun.

I wanted to paint the bike with bright colours so went with a warm orange. It took me ages to think of a way to add racing stripes or some type of freehand to the bike's body as the way the bike panels curve is not easy to add stripes to and maintain the coherence of the miniatures shapes. In the end I did a stylized version of the ABH symbol on the fuel tank.

I countered the bright bike colours by painting the AHB in dark blue and black. I drew inspiration for her uniform from a pic I found of Mass Effect's Miranda Lawson. Couldn't resist the wild pink hair of the studio model (plus I got wife's approval on this colour, which is a rare thing as she shows virtually no interest in my miniatures lol). Happy that she looks so cool, deadly and seductive on her sweet ride.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WIP
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More Pics:https://archangelelonginfinitythegame.blogspot.com/2019/10/infinity-ikari-company-authorized.html

6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Every time I see your work i'm amazed and extremely jealous. :smiley:

Xeurian likes this.
  7. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

That bike is genuinely stunning man!! Well done!

8. archangeleong

Thanks guys. It was one of my favorite minis to paint so far.

9. archangeleong

INFINITY MERCS: Saito Togan
    [​IMG]

OK so he ain't quite an Ikari member but he kinda belongs here. So long maligned miniature but now a nice version to paint. I did a bit of arm swapping with the limited edition mini and the official release mini for something different. I think he looks pretty cool now in his Merc colours (not Ikari sadly as they cant' take him, which is strange since he would fit right in with those dirty dogs.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Will the real Saito please stand up?
    [​IMG]

More Pics: https://archangelelonginfinitythegame.blogspot.com/2019/10/infinity-mercs-saito-togan.html

10. Demotron

Demotron Active Member

Oooh myyy!
    Lookin good as always!

11. archangeleong

INFINITY IKARI COMPANY: Dronbots

[​IMG]

Dronbots
    Old sculpts but still cute (bit roughly carved in some places. I had trouble highlighting the hull initially and went over it a couple of times to get it right. Turned out OK in the end in Ikari colours. Guns and other gubbinz are all magnetised for different loadouts.

Pathfinder Dronbot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sierra Dronbot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dronbot team
    [​IMG]

Dronbot Clipper and Fugazi loadouts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Fathoym

Fathoym Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yay more stuff!

13. archangeleong

been very busy so not much chance to do much. So happy to get these guys done!

Space Ranger likes this.
  14. archangeleong

IKARI COMPANY: WU MING ASSAULT CORPS
    [​IMG]
    Wú Míng Assault Corps

When Colonel Ikari seceded from Yu Jing those troops still loyal to the state empire that stood in his way were mercilessly massacred to expedite his escape. The Wú Míng Corps under Ikari’s command where not hard to sway to his banner, given their shameful status, and were instrumental in Ikari’s escape. Indeed, when Ikari issued his escape order 66, it was the Wú Míng who executed this directive with grim satisfaction, turning their guns on their erstwhile allies within key Yu Jing barracks and installations that Ikari needed in order to found his own mercenary domain.

Free of shame, regret and scruples these same Wú Míng still fight for Ikari under new colours, obeying any order without pause or empathy for their foes. Their sub-dermal tracking implants were removed by Ikari in gratitude for their support of his rebellion and they now fight at his side as vicious attack dogs. The only vestige of their former selves is their serial numbers painted on their armour, not as a mark of shame as it once was, but a symbol of defiance to those that once repressed them. A Wú Míng under Ikari’s command greatest satisfaction is to slay a State Empire lackey up close enough so that the poor fool can read the Wú Míng's serial number and die knowing that his death was at the vengeful hand of a former penal trooper.

Gotta say that these Wú Míng are some of my most favourite Infinity renditions of power armoured troops. They remind me a bit of Halo’s Spartan Mjolnir armour and I was glad to put my own spin on them in Ikari Blue. I think I was pretty successful in getting the highlight contrast right on these guys as well as the light source in order to invoke a very shiny effect using matt colours, but it is always a work in progress for me to improve these things. That’s the joy of painting, trying to improve with each go.

Wú Míng (Chain Rifle)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wú Míng (Boarding Shotgun)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wú Míng (Heavy Rocket Launcher)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wú Míng (Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wú Míng (Heavy Machine Gun)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wú Míng Link Team
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More Pics:https://archangelelonginfinitythega...1/infinity-ikari-company-wu-ming-assault.html

15. archangeleong

INFINITY IKARI COMPANY: JETHRO, DRUZE SNIPER
    [​IMG]

Jethro, Druze Sniper
    My last Ikari Co mini for 2019 and for quite a while (Got him done just before the xmas break and haven't touched a paintbrush since). Painted in Ikari/Mercs colours, I was unsure of what camo to do but settled on a surprisingly realistic pattern that includes orange. Hate the red beard on the studio version so was happy to see it in black (like the comic imho). The antagonist to Knauf, this Druze sniper has a tonne of attitude and an axe to grind. He makes a good Druze sniper proxy and expands the Druze team to seven model count (If only CB would update the old models and sculpt those currently missing trooper files...).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Old buddies (RIP)
    [​IMG]

Immovable object and Unstoppable Force (Frenimies to the end)
    [​IMG]

Druze Team Ready for Action
    [​IMG]

Same pics at: https://archangelelonginfinitythega...12/infinity-druze-bayram-security-jethro.html

Space Ranger likes this.
  16. archangeleong

INFINITY IKARI COMPANY ARMY
    [​IMG]

Ikari Company Army
    2019 is done and dusted and these guys, my main painting project for the year, are finally finished. Happy to see them in force and nice to see the different applications of blue, orange and white/grey that bind them as a coherent force rather than a hodgepodge of minis that make up a typical Merc army. A couple of profiles are still missing but I'm in no hurry to fill them. Plus a number of units are reinforcements straight from my JSA that I may one day get and paint in dedicated Ikari colors. Happy NY and good luck with your infinity projects in 2020 - I'm looking forward to starting something new :-)

JSA have joined the party
    [​IMG]

More pics at: https://archangelelonginfinitythegame.blogspot.com/2020/01/infinity-ikari-company-army.html

#76 archangeleong, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  17. archangeleong

INFINITY IKARI COMPANY ARMY - UPDATED

- January 01, 2020

[​IMG]
    Ikari Company Army
    2019 is done and dusted and these guys, my main painting project for the year, are finally finished. Happy to see them in force and nice to see the different applications of blue, orange and white/grey that bind them as a coherent force rather than a hodgepodge of minis that make up a typical Merc army. A couple of profiles are still missing but I'm in no hurry to fill them. Plus a number of units are reinforcements straight from my JSA that I may one day get and paint in dedicated Ikari colors. Happy NY and good luck with your infinity projects in 2020 - I'm looking forward to starting something new :-)

JSA have joined the party
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You may notice Saito and Arslan lurking about where they shouldn't. They are just waiting to hijack a bunch of troops for a Druze Sectorial Army (I only need a couple of additional troopers to make this happen...)

IKARI ROLL CALL
    Authorized Bounty Hunters

[​IMG][​IMG]

Bashi Bazouk
    [​IMG]
    Brawlers
    [​IMG]
    Cube Jagar
    [​IMG]
    Keisotsu
    [​IMG]
    Wardriver
    [​IMG]
    Warcor
    [​IMG]
    Armande la Silencieuse (Armand Le Muet)
    [​IMG]
    Yuan Yuan
    [​IMG]
    Fat Yuan Yuan
    [​IMG]
    Druze Shock Team
    [​IMG]
    Al Fasid
    [​IMG]
    Wu Ming Assault Corps
    [​IMG]
    Dronbots
    [​IMG]
    Scarface and Cordelia
    [​IMG]

JSA RONIN ROLL CALL
    Yojimbo

[​IMG]
    Tanko
    [​IMG]
    Daiyoukai Dengekitai
    [​IMG]
    Tachikoma (Yaopu Pangguling)
    [​IMG]
    Ninja
    [​IMG]
    Karakuri (Missing in group shot... How could I forget these killer fembots?)
    [​IMG]

So many units in one little sectorial! More (Krakot, Desperados, Keisotsu special weapons) still to come oneday...

#77 archangeleong, Jan 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  18. Guardian

Guardian Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Fantastic work! Love the unified colorscheme :)

19. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Love them all!

20. miscNouns

miscNouns New Member

I just recently started Ikari and came across this thread looking for paint ideas. The models look like they came straight out of the source artwork, especially that wardriver which looks amazing! Do you mind sharing your color scheme?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation