1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Croc minelayer reserve model

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Tongfa, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Tongfa

Tongfa ULTRA INSTINCT UKR

If I use a croc minelayer as my reserve piece and am deploying into TO - what do I have to declare (e.g. do I just drop the camo token (thereby pretending to be just another helot/zulu - or do I say, reserving a model and this camo token, etc).

Cheers

2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

You would say you're deploying your reserve model (as per normal). You would then note the position of the croc-man in hidden deployment and place the camo token on the table. You don't need to tell your opponent that you're doing anything special, although they may be tipped off due to the fact that PanO has no infiltrators with basic camo.

3. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

By the way, noting the position of the croc man is not something you have to do in an obvious way

I love to snap a picture and put a cross on it to mark my to location while making it looking like I'm checking comlog on my phone

PS : pano have forward deployement camo, if you place the mine well your opponent can think it's a zulu cobra

4. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Frequent Pan O opponent here and serious hater of Jammers: That camo marker will be taken seriously as a Jammer, and will create an 8" deterrence bubble around it. That and/or your opponent will divert their Veteran L1+ units there to deal with it, only to discover it's just a stupid mine.

It will probably be more effective if you have fielded and used Jammers against that opponent recently.

So yeah, that's going to be a useful tactic, if you don't mind hanging your Croc Man back a bit.

Xeurian likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation