1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some more rules questions.

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Rift, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Rift

Rift Member

Played another game yesterday and of course some more questions came up....

Cadmus

1. My Cadmus lands on a roof, if i declare autohatch and then BS shoot, can I emerge out of the seed in the prone state?

2. If I declare autohatch as my 1st short order can I use the chest mines on the egg as a bs attack as my second order....or must it be the weapon the Cadmus is equipped with (in this case a boarding shotgun)?

White Noise

1. Does a white noise zone affect models with a 360 degree visor?

No Wound Incapacitation

1. Victor Messer has both NWI and Shasvasti, he gets shot and doesn't make his arm saves, can he go into spawn embryo state after he has been in NWI? (I assumed not but just want to be sure)

Shock
    1. Does shock just kill a model with the Shasvatii rule bypassing the spawn embryo state?

Dazers

1. When do you measure the zone? Does it not stop the model as soon as it touches the zone (assume no multi-terrain)? Do you measure the zone out so you or your opponent can skirt around it before hand?

Thanks chaps

2. sorniak

sorniak Well-Known Member

Cadmus
    1. I don't think so, as it is not a deployment, but replacement. You can normaly deploy seed embryo in prone state, which can be passed to hatched miniature. But, unfortinatly, you can't deploy prone using AD:Combat Jump.
    2. From wiki "
    • Regarding Autohatch, the cancellation of Seed-Embryo state is applied to the whole declared Order. So, if a trooper in Seed-Embryo state declares an Autohatch + Move Order, her Developed Form Troop Profile will be applied for the whole Order."
    So, no - as after "hatching" you only have your second troop profile, which has no chest mines

White noise:
    1. Multispectral Visor are the only one visors which are affected by white noise. So, no, 360 are not affected by white noise

NWI
    1. unfortinatly not... After taking first wound mesmer chooses if he goes to spawn-embryo or if he is using NWI

Shock
    1. Yes... from FAQ: A target of Shock Special Ammunition that enters the Dead state directly, bypassing the Unconscious state, cannot activate the Spawn-Embryo, V: Dogged, or V: No Wound Incapacitation states

Dazers
    1.I'm not 100% sure ... But from FAQ:
    Q: In the reactive turn, when can you measure the Zone of Control?
    A: Following the steps of the Order Expenditure Sequence: you declare a ZoC ARO, and in the step of resolution, is when the players take measurements. So, is troop is in the ZoC, resolve his ARO, but if not, the ARO is lost.
    But from difficult terrain rules it is not easy to interpritate. I'd play it the way you'd measure after first short skill...but ... I'm not sure ;(((

3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Cadmus 1. No. Going Prone requires declaring the Move Short Movement Skill (or other things listed under Prone), so you can't go Prone by declaring Autohatch. A Seed Soldier could deploy as a Prone Seed Embryo and then be prone after hatching, but you can't land Prone from Airborne Deployment so that's not an option for your Cadmus landing on the roof.

Cadmus 2. No. When you use Autohatch, you use the new profile for the entire Order:
    • Regarding Autohatch, the cancellation of Seed-Embryo state is applied to the whole declared Order. So, if a trooper in Seed-Embryo state declares an Autohatch + Move Order, her Developed Form Troop Profile will be applied for the whole Order.
    White Noise. No. White Noise only affects troopers with Multispectral Visors, so doesn't affect 360 Visors, Biometric Visors, X-Visors etc.

NWI. No. Both NWI and Spawn Embryo are alternate Unconscious states, so you have to choose which one to use.

Shock. Yes, because the trooper never goes Unconscious to be able to activate Spawn Embryo.

Dazers. All terrain zones have to be shown, so when you place the Dazer you need to mark it's Zone of Control in some way.

4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

From http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Special_Terrain_Rules#Requirements
    • These areas must have well-defined, recognizable limits whether they are represented by templates, pieces of scenery, or any other means.

Mahtamori, Sabin76 and sorniak like this.
  5. Rift

Rift Member

Thank you

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation