1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Del's Silly Asteroid Blues Plan, AKA The Butthole Of Five Armies

Discussion in 'OOC [Out of character]' started by Del S, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

So for the upcoming campaign I am trying out an idea. An idea of much silliness. Play not one, not three, not eight, but FIVE armies! JSA, YuJing, ALEPH, Borrowed PanO, and of course, as you can guess by my user icon, Haqqislam. Nah, it's Nomads. But I aim to mainly play them against someone other than my brother at a club.

Why? Variety. Cos I have or have access to a lot of armies, and I've been Nomads only... and not doing so great, so I wanna spread the "love". I will be, in the spirit of cooperation, EVERYONE'S Albatross!

Also, cos Caz has been fine with playing Ariadna. Every. Single. Game. For. The. Past. Five. Years. THE. PAST. FIVE. YEARS. THE. PAST. FIVE. FU-

[​IMG]

Ahem.

Just to be absolutely clear before we begin: This isn't for any cheatsy-doodles, none of them will ever play each other, not even under someone else's command. They're actually Caz's PanO I'll borrow but even if for some reason he wants to use them, he'll need his own account for them. The models of my armies may be loaned out to others perhaps, but the accounts are going to be all me.

The main goals here are to actually play these armies, ensure my brother isn't only fighting Nomads, and also possibly help those forces defend against/attack Ariadna a bit assuming I can pull off any wins - plus have the ability to maybe help defend specific points if people I play want to attack them. They're also not actual IRL spies, because we all know that armies with actual plans have secret groups and discord and pigeons, not the warconsole forum. Besides, it doesn't take a post leaked from a board to realise "Yu Jing plan to kick the stuffing out of PanO and the JSA".

I'd considered making a game of 'guess which ones are me' but again, "The ones usually playing Cazboab" may make it obvious. I can reach 300pts with all, though Nomads are the largest. I could also in theory play Shasvastii/CA thanks to Wildfire, but I would rather not, especially since they're a whole seven or eight units strong without Soldier of Fortune. Plus they're not a defensive army so far.

So, that's me being up front about my plans, let's see how it all goes.

As for each command... I done some fluff! It might make no sense!

JSA/NA2 - Kaisa Deru

Commander Deru emerged within the ranks of the Japanese Secessionist Army shortly after the uprising, ascending the ladder of promotion after some brief post-war skirmishing at Human Edge. Given command of a small rapid response section dubbed the 'Wild Deer' (大馬鹿) it is likely his role in the conflict will primarily be defensive or light harrassment.

YuJing - Shāmò shé, The Desert Snake

The Desert Snake is an Earth-born YuJing commander, having earned his name from an ultimately minor combat in the Gobi desert during the Uprising. The ranking survivor of loyalist forces in a largely JSA-comprised task force hunting a Submondo operation, he succeeded in rallying State Empire forces into fighting a brief, brutal, but victorious counterattack against the rebels and the mercenaries that had aligned with them. His duties in Human Edge appear to capitalise on this, having been given a broad mandate to conduct operations in counterinsurgency.

ALEPH - 44656C Sigma

44656C Sigma is a Field Commander Unit activated to enhance ALEPH's overall command during the upcoming crisis. Though it has not conducted combat operations itself yet, it has access to the records of thousands of engagements.

Nomads - Del_S

The infamous Commander Del S of the Nomad Military Command has been reported to be active in Human Edge. To the dismay of other Human Edge combatants, he is unlikely to be as active as in previous years, due to a reported administration role (See Hexahedron Report "Oh Goddamn it they've kicked him upstairs", Stavka Report "There goes target practice" and Yanjing Report "Ah crap").

PanO - Theodric Cross.

Theodric Cross is a recent graduate of Officer Training School, who has been assigned to a support role in operations against Ariadnan forces. The Hyperpower is wary of the possible presence of some Ariadnan commanders who have been a nuisance to operations at Flamia, Wotan and Kurage, and has tasked a handful of units to research and conduct possible countermeasures against any such interference in Novvy Bangkok.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation