1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fellow Members of the Human Sphere

Discussion in 'IC [In-Character]' started by bloodw4ke, Sep 9, 2019.

1. bloodw4ke

bloodw4ke Well-Known Member

"Fellow members of the human sphere,

My name is Robert Shasworth, CEO and Chairman of Shasworth Financial. For those who don't know me or my firm, Shasworth is a Fortune 10,000 banking, accounting, and consulting company, with significant business operations across all major governments and interplanetary corporations.

My role requires a broad view of the human sphere. From that perspective, I am deeply concerned by the rising nationalism, misinformation, bad faith, and the inevitable conflicts that follow. We've already seen it starting:

The idea that Aleph and O-12 have consistently misled us about these "shape-shifting aliens" and their collaboration with the Nomads of Bakunin. I believe these are well-intentioned efforts to keep people calm against stupid rumors. This isn't some bad horror movie on Maya (or Arachne!) and the Tohaa, whatever their intentions, don't seem to be shape-shifters. But people will believe what they want to believe - let's give the international government credit for trying.

The wounds of the Kurage Crisis must be healed. It's clear that Yu Jing feels it was dealt a grievous insult at Kurage, where PanOceania conspired to help JSA break away. The Japanese must seek a way to normalize relations with Yu Jing; PanOceania ought to make reparations to the State Empire for their part in the crisis. And Yu Jing needs to be held accountable for the human rights abuses they committed against their own (JSA) citizens.

The whole affair was a trampling of Ariadnan territorial rights. The Ariadnans deserve their own nation and we must support their continued independence. Ariadna owns the teseum on Dawn - isn't it only fair for them to decide how to sell it, and to whom? We should therefore recognize the legitimacy of financing through Nomad-based banks on Tunguska, or exclusive logistics deals with Haqqislam.

All of this, and now murmurs of war at the human edge. What atrocities will come from further armed conflict?

My intention is not to rub salt in these wounds. No, instead we must recognize that no human nation is free of sin, and by being direct and inclusive about these grievances, we can begin a process of disarmament and healing.

In support of that goal, I am proud to announce the creation of a new political advocacy commission backed by the full resources of the Shasworth Egalitarian Foundation: "Sphere Itself."

SI.png

Join us in demanding accountability and justice from our governments. Together we can wield our power as citizens - a power sharp as a monofilament blade - and ascend to a better future.

Robert "Bob" Shasworth
    CEO and Chairman
    Shasworth Financial"

-Posted to Maya by Shasworth Financial

#1 bloodw4ke, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  2. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

As a member of Haqqislam, I would like to know your goals in this endeavor. You are speaking in propagandist terms, but I see no declaration of goals. Is this a multi-national private organization? Is this militarily backed?

Danger Rose and oldGregg like this.
  3. bloodw4ke

Thank you for your inquiry, Mr. theGricks!

Please consider the Shasworth Egalitarian Foundation (SEF) as being in the same multi-national "box" as O-12, albeit as a non-governmental organization (NGO). We have no formal military affiliations, but will liaise where appropriate.

Sphere Itself is a SEF commission with a specific goal: serve as an independent watchdog to hold the governments of the Human Sphere accountable in order to facilitate peace, justice, and prosperity. We achieve this through:
    • Advocating for greater governmental transparency. We are shining light on "deniable" quasi-military operations such as "Red Veil," or "Icestorm." Innocent civilians have been harmed in all of such operations - consider Haqqislam's accidental murder of a Nomad family on Neon Lotus. Our analysts hold security footage showing a known Ramah Task Force operative throwing the grenade that was responsible for their deaths.

• Taking governments to task for violations of the Concilium Convention. Tragic deaths like the above happen when those rules are ignored; how many of your fellow Haqqislamite citizens have been killed by indiscriminate boarding shotgun fire during caravansary raids by Nomad pirates? Or mercenaries hired by Yu Jing operatives?

• Empowering citizens. SEF believes that we are the hidden power in the Human Sphere. Governments conceal their actions because they fear that power - just look at how the Kurage Crisis came about. We want to mentor "citizens" to become "citizen-advocates;" a people who will speak truth to power, regardless of their home nation.
    Left unchecked, we fear these "deniable operations" will grow insidiously until they explode into interplanetary war. Rather than risk tragedy on planetary scales, we want to facilitate hard conversations today to make a better tomorrow.

If you believe in ending violence in the Human Sphere, please consider pledging your support to SEF. Any contributions are tax deductible, and you gain the right to use the Sphere Itself logo in your communications as a citizen-advocate.

Inshallah!

SI.png

#3 bloodw4ke, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    theGricks and Sedral like this.
  4. theGricks

Thank you for the detailed outline sir, this is very intriguing. I think I will take this back to Haqqislam High Command and we can most assuredly discuss it thoroughly. We cannot deny some innocent lives have been lost in known operations, but we would like to see ourselves do better, and if others can as well, I would consider this a lofty and wonderful goal.

oldGregg likes this.
  5. Captain927

Captain927 Shotguns and Scotch Runs.

Ariadnans aren't fooled by this Shasvaasti ploy.

@theGricks : I expected more out of Haqqislam. Surely you can see that Shasworth Egalitarian Foundation (SEF) is a poorly veiled cover for Shasvaasti Expeditionary Force (SEF). Doesn't take an antipode to smell that this ain't right.

oldGregg, Danger Rose, Foxep and 3 others like this.
  6. bloodw4ke

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments. We are not sure what a "Shasvaasti" is, as we could find only limited information on Maya (some type of Tohaa?).

However, those of us at Sphere Itself, assure you that we are continuing our advocacy for the territorial integrity and sovereign rights of Ariadna. Grave injustices have come from potentially illegal land claims made by Panoceania and Yu Jing. We have reports of civilian casualties stemming from international disputes over teseum mining sites, and intend to bring this information to appropriate international bodies.

In the interim, stay strong, Ariadna! Don't let these bigger, more-advanced nations bully you into submission.

SI.png

#6 bloodw4ke, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    ChoTimberwolf and Bobman like this.
  7. Captain927

We Ariadnans advocate for ourselves. No one bullies us. The entire Human Sphere and you and your Combined buddies found that out for yourselves on Novvy Cimmeria. Fancy talking may fool some of these other folks, but it don't fool us.

8. theGricks

@Captain927 it does not become you and your nation to jump to conclusions so readily. It is a lofty statement you make based upon coincidences. Haqqislam is happy to work with this organization and its goals of peace in our time. We have a few handpicked representatives who will further our relationships in this business!

ChoTimberwolf and Bobman like this.
  9. Captain927

Ye should know, we're not ones to mince words. I've said my piece, direct and blunt as it is. Better for all if I'm wrong, but me and my kin won't be the ones caught by surprise.

Foxep and cazboab like this.
  10. Captain927

@theGricks Let it be known that we heard your words. Perhaps ye should live up to them. These are dangerous times here at the Edge. Strangers can't be trusted, especially those with silver tongues. Grab your swords matey, war is here, even if you can't, or won't see it.

11. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

The threat of the Combined Army is perhaps the most serious challenge faced by humanity in all of its history. Every citizen of the sphere should remain vigilant for any intrusions or aggressive actions taken by this extraneous force.
    At the same time, citizens should be cautious of giving in to panic. Making public accusations is not the best approach when faced with circumstances that could be considered suspect. When encountering a situation you might believe to be enemy activity, please contact the appropriate authorities with any pertaining details and a response will be formulated accordingly. Please do not under any circumstances take matters into your own hands, as vigilantism can only lead to tragic misunderstandings.
    O-12 would like to remind everyone that even though we are faced with a challenge that might seem overwhelming, it is paramount that we maintain peace and calm. Our officers work tirelessly, but their work is never done. Please cooperate with peacekeeping operations.

MikeTheScrivener likes this.
  12. bloodw4ke

Mr. theGricks: we are heartened to hear this, and our representatives will seek avenues for productive collaboration. Certainly Haqqislam and it's enlightened values set a good example for the rest of the Human Sphere. A shame the Ariadnans refuse to follow your leadership.

Sir, while silver tongues may be of less service on the battlefield, they are critical for diplomacy. Perhaps we can facilitate some goodwill trade missions on behalf of Ariadna? For example, Sphere Itself possesses strong trade contacts on Neoterra through Swanson Exports/Imports (a proud affiliate of Shasworth Financial). Newfound prosperity always helps to defuse military tensions.

Thank you, Brother Smoke. Sphere Itself could not agree more with your message of citizen empowerment. Nonetheless, we are saddened these times call for such paranoia.

Yes, please cooperate with lawful peacekeeping actions. However, be advised that neither Sphere Itself nor its citizen-advocates will be complacent about overreach. We know the kind of brutality that can come from overzealous "peacekeeping" operations.

SI.png

#12 bloodw4ke, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  13. Foxep

Foxep Tropical Vet
    Warcor

Foxep, Ariadnan High Diplomat. We would be ready to receive you personally in our barracks for a talk. Just keep in mind my antipode isnt restrained by a collar as Voronin does with his. If it doesnt like you, the girl´s gonna bite. Im sure a round of Tartary cold, strong Vodka and some antipode sniffing will clear your real intentions.

nonora81 and Captain927 like this.
  14. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Haqqislam Interim High Commander Sireen Barakat here, Commander Foxep, I strongly suggest leaving the intimidation tactics to the battlefiled and out of any diplomatic endeavour. And if you cannot, then please, remove yourself from such position and bring a more competent diplomat, or at least, fire your PR Aids (not shot dead, just get better advisors.)

15. Captain927

We follow our own leadership. And to impressive results.

16. Thandar

Thandar Dedicated Aconteccan Supremacist

Strange, something unthinkable happened, there is an issue upon which I could agree with an Ariadnian! There has to be something strange in the air conditioning.

Danger Rose, Captain927 and Foxep like this.
  17. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Darn it Ariadna! How do you expect us to do our undercover work if you go blowing off the target's cover. Now they're gonna scurry back to whatever cesspool they came from.

Don't encourage them Commander @Thandar! They are troublesome enough when left to their own devices!

18. Captain927

@Danger Rose Let them scurry! The easiest way to kill a bug is squish it on the run!

@Thandar That strange smell in the air you're smelling, is common sense. Nice to see you found some. Maybe you aren't all bad. Stay strong Laddie.

Thandar and Danger Rose like this.
  19. bloodw4ke

Captain, the Shasworth Egalitarian Foundation (SEF) is a legal not-for-profit foundation associated with a multi-national corporation, Shasworth Financial. We do not "scurry," and assure you that we are fully committed to operating in plain sight.

SEFs IT security team did identify abnormal activity in our HR servers. Fortunately, we managed to isolate the breach before any sensitive personnel or financial data about our agents were exposed.

Sand Cats Tactical Security LLC: we appreciate the public admission of your criminal activity, as that will save effort on data forensics. Your organization should prepare for criminal investigation and litigation - you may be formidable on the battlefield, but we'll see how you do in court.

Mr. Thandar, perhaps we can give you another point of agreement with many Ariadnans: Shasworth Financial provides excellent financial services with a number of convenient locations for when you want that "personal touch." Come on in and open an account, with our newest branch office located in the Novyy Bangkok Main Strip.

#19 bloodw4ke, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    ChoTimberwolf and Danger Rose like this.
  20. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

... He says whilst mincing words.

And continues to mince with a dull knife. The inflated Ariadnan ego and lead tongue may help quaff the jet fuel you pass off as liquor, but the weight of your pride will sooner see you drown than find glory in the human sphere.

Haqqislam will help those who seek peaceful paths to knowledge, bringing glory in the kingdom of heaven to all those who earn it.

Ariwch likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation