1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YUan YUan and Evo hacking device

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Doa, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

Hi guys, actually i am playing kapu qalkhi and obviously i play 3 yuan yuan.
    Sometimes also a bashi bazouk
    In all my list i have never selected kameel with evo hacking device and i am asking you if is worth to put it.
    Having3 or 4 ad jump and 3 remotes with flash pulse it seem an auto include option but having little time to play in september i wonder if someone have tried it in qk and his opinion
    Thanks

2. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

I never tried an EVO with Yuan Yuans, mainly because I tend to use them as the cheap frontline smoke source rather than full-blown AD troops. And then again, if you have 3 Yuan Yuans that you need to first buff, it means -3 Orders to cancel their Impetuous orders and then -1 more order for a Supportware program.

3. Lazarus0909

Lazarus0909 Well-Known Member

Not quite true - the EVO provides the flat buff without needing to put supportware up. Remember on Firefight you also get another +3 (dropping on 17s) so have fun.

It's nice and all, but generally speaking I still opt to shave off points and simply have the YYs walk on the table edge, which is the most reliable method still. Dropping in is usually the backup plan (table edges guarded, or theres a partc spot that's seriously juicy to at least try for!). So I'll run an EVO occasionally, but it's not really the norm.

4. Musterkrux

Musterkrux Well-Known Member

Lazarus has the right of it.

Though, I'd note that I use an EVO Hacker to drop YYs onto the table when that EVO is also performing other roles in the list (ie. Hacker to authorise REMs, providing Assisted Fire to attack-piece REMs, potentially adding benefits to Sat-Lock or having enough ARO-remotes to warrant Overclock).

Basically, an EVO just to bring down YYs is not worth the price of admission but if you've got it performing 2-3 other roles in your list I think it's a good choice.

5. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Like I said in QK thread, this army is one of the few where EVO seems to be playable, but that's because you have access to almost anything it can synergize with, and most of those things are worth taking on their own merit.

Check it out, and - if you intend to take all those models - maybe it's worth a try. That said, I can't say I've seen people regularly doing that, for what it's worth.

6. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

You can also use buff all your Fanuoses and Rafiq to have B2 going 2nd for CT.

7. Capo.Paint

Capo.Paint Well-Known Member

I always take the EVO when I have two or more YuanYuans in my list and I am really satisfied with it. Often the sides are covered with ARO-pieces or are not very suitable for your plan and then it is quite risky to drop them on 11. With the EVO I am very flexible with the deployment and can land them wherever I need and where I can use their orders best. With every other remote or with a bit of hacking, it gets more important, but for me the landing assistance is enough to take it.

8. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

I use the Evo in Ikari because of YY AVA 4, and the fact they have better remotes with repeaters (Lu Duan Mk12 & Rui SHi Spitfire). When not playing repeater remotes I tend not to use the evo.

An added benefit of this list is the fact you can have 8 Rui Shi on your courtesy list. It really messes up you opponents first turn.

How many RuiShi
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    LÙ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    LÙ DUĀN Mk12, Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 20)
    RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 20)
    PANGGULING Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
    NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
    BRAWLER Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    BRAWLER (Special Fireteam: Haris) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 17)
    BRAWLER Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 18)
    KARAKURI Heavy Shotgun, Chain Rifle, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 38)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]4 [​IMG]4
    TOKUSETSU KOHEI Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    BOUNTY HUNTER Submachine Gun, Akrylat-Kanone / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    BOUNTY HUNTER Submachine Gun, Akrylat-Kanone / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    YUAN YUAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)
    YUAN YUAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 8)

5.5 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

9. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

EVO is definitely worth it, especially if you want to leverage its other functionality such as support to the rafiq and link team durability. I have used it a number of times.

oldGregg likes this.
  10. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Why would you NOT use an EVO in QK? Now, granted, I'm no expert but those few times I've played the army, I could still bring and EVO, a FO REM, 3 Flash Pulse REMs and 4 Yuan Yuan, all while still hitting nearly 20 orders.

RasPuto likes this.
  11. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

You can do literal 20 orders, although you'll probably be using Ghulam Fireteam then.
    Worth noting that YYs are AVA 3 in QK.
    The entire thing costs 100 / 0.5 or something, depending on configuration. Like I said, we've recently had small discussion about it in QK tactics thread.

oldGregg and Errhile like this.
  12. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

And if memory serves me, you can have a decent primary combat group within 200pts / 5,5 SWC to match it. Especially given the current (i.e. N3, I 've played quite some games of 200pts back in 2ed, not so much in N3...) Wildcard availability in QK.

Barrogh likes this.
  13. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

I'll join the discussion. Unfortunately i have read several time the first page but rarely i went to following pages :(
    Thanks for advice
    As i wrote i was thinking about it for +3 ph when YY jumps, about +1burst to fanous if i play 2nd or use the supportware for fireteam integrity. Never use it before and as i wrote september is a bad periodo for playing time

14. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

This is looking really fun:

Qapu Khalqi
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    Fireteam Core:
    HAFZA Lieutenant Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
    HAFZA Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 18)
    DJANBAZAN HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
    LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    ODALISQUE Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 30)

GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    NASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    NAJJARUN Engineer Rifle + Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    NASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    HAWWA' (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    HAWWA' Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
    KAMEEL Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]3
    RAFIQ REMOTE Rifle + Light Shotgun, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
    FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

- A huge repeater network for the KHD and AHD,
    - the option to drop (coordinated) sniffers all over the place
    - boosted SatLock on the Rafiq
    - reliable Yuan Yuan drops to provide smoke for the Djanbazan HMG
    - three hackers and four flash pulse REMs to leverage the EVO REM (Overclock)
    - solid support with Haqq Doc and Najjarun
    - solid button pushers with two Al Hawwa
    - "Djanbazan core" with nasty weapons and Holo1 shenanigans to pull off. Put 3 Odalisques on the table and have your opponent guess which one is which.

It's sad that QK doesn't get the Rafiq FTO with Red Fury.

#14 Knauf, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    RasPuto likes this.
  15. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Don't forget that the EVO also lets you re-roll hacking FtF dice with a Command Token and Coordinate Order hack too. I know QK isn't the strongest at hacking, but that can really help make the difference.

RasPuto likes this.
  16. Lexington

Lexington Cartoonist at Large

I’ve used an RVO robit in every single game since re-starting QK earlier this summer, and they’re honestly great. Pinpoint placement of YYs and B2 Fanous on reactive turns is really worth it.

RasPuto likes this.
  17. havocfett

havocfett Well-Known Member

I never knew about the reroll! That seems pretty incredible for Transmission Matrix.

I wouldn't do it just for Yuan Yuans outside of Firefight, but if you're also doing EVO programs or supportware then it is probably worth it. B2 Flash Pulses slow down a lot of hostile lists, and it can be a convenient way to buff a TR bot or Rafiq.

DukeofEarl and RasPuto like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation