1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sixth Sense and Shotguns

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Ceilican, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Ceilican

Ceilican Well-Known Member

Good morning.

I'm FAIRLY certain that what I've seen previously led me to the right call on this, but I want to be certain.

Situation is thus: Five-man link team is chilling against a wall. Someone comes around and draws an ARO from the guy nearest the end of the wall. BS Attack. Active turn model lays down a shotgun template which covers other members of the link team.

Does Sixth Sense Lv 2 allow those peeps to then ARO with BS attacks? I know that if anyone of them had the attacker in ZOC, then they've lost their chance to ARO, but provided that's not the case, is shooting back at that point legal?

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Sixth Sense allows them to react regardless of LOF arc, but it doesn't remove the requirement to for a BS Attack in response to have LOF so the Fireteam's own members could potentially block LOF to the shotgunner.

Also remember regarding ZOC that Sixth Sense L1, which they all have due to 4-man Fireteam bonus, allows them to delay their ARO.

jfunkd likes this.
  3. Ceilican

Doesn't the first bullet point of Sixth Sense L2 allow them to ignore LOF and Facing?

I mean, as long as it's not total cover. Can't shoot through a buliding.

Hecaton likes this.
  4. Mahtamori

Very common complaint about Sixth Sense rule, I'm afraid it gets brought up almost monthly. IJW, one of the senior game testers and one of the game's editors, have confirmed on numerous occasions that this passage should not be taken as a way to shoot through walls or people.
    The exact explanation is a bit technical, but I suggest you read Total Cover rules and take into consideration that "respond (...) without LOF" is not the same as suspending Total Cover rules nor is it the same as granting the No LOF label to a weapon.

chromedog, Xeurian and jfunkd like this.
  5. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

Ssl1 gives you effectively 360 visor after you get shot for shooting back. So walls and people are still in your way but you can fire if facing the wrong way.

6. Ceilican

Walls I get; the cover rules say they apply to scenery. What you're telling me is sensible, so thanks for the help. It seems all they need to do is change Sixth Sense lv 2 to read "Regardless of facing" only and it'd be closer to how it plays.

Sabin76, Xeurian and Mahtamori like this.
  7. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

They included the without LoF bit, but enough people ignored it and played it differently that they've been chipping away at it with FAQ.

8. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Are you implying that they originally intended for 6S troopers to shoot through buildings?

Because I think it's more plausible that they simply didn't think through the repercussions of the language they chose...

...and now I'm confused because it's more like you to argue the latter. I'm not sure what's real anymore...

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  9. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

This, I think. Though I still think it was intended for ss users to be able to react to a walk up and melee in smoke with ranged fire. The issue is that a lot of people are attached to the idea that smoke tossing warbands should be the solution to everything.

10. Mahtamori

In a plot twist, I distinctly remember IJW more than once confirming this is exactly what happened.

Section9 and Sabin76 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation