1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experiences using Bashi?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Brokenwolf, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

So I was thinking of getting the woman Bashi model as a proxy for the KHD Nahab. But then I thought, why not try her as herself? Does anyone have experience using Bashis? What do you use them for? Parachutist seems like a skill you have to plan out for and Holo 2 seems kinda finicky. How do you use them?

Thanks for your help.

2. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Well, exactly like that?

Have an entry section of the side edge well-thought. While a holoecho gives some chances of surviving a landing under fire, I'd say don't try it.
    If you need to get rid of enemy AROs first, get rid of them.
    Then drop your Bashi, and let them wreak enemy flank / rear. Bashi Bazouks are effective primairly up close.

Also, if the opponent has any Mines, Crazy Koalas etc around, remember to send in a holoecho in to trigger them.

oldGregg and RasPuto like this.
  3. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Holo echoes to trigger an enemy deployable in the mid/back field can be really strong in missions where you see opponents setting up castles.

Coming on from an unconventional angle with tools like that smg can be fairly deadly.

She’s cheap - through her around a corner into a link and make the trade. 12 points to ruin a fireteam or remove a strong unit is always worth it.

Errhile likes this.
  4. Errhile

Actually, for fireteam-wrecking I have always liked the Boarding Shotgun loadout better.
    But the SMG can use her ChainColt, or try taking targets one by one with her SMG.

oldGregg likes this.
  5. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

Imaginative use of Holoprojector Level 1 can be sneaky. I take both Boarding Shotgun and Chain Colt versions but misdirect when each is deployed. When the unsuspecting victim expects to dodge a template weapon they get hit with a boarding shotgun, or they try to shoot back at a shotgun only to get hit with a Chain Colt. That, and an unexpected E/Mauler suddenly placed can be a surprise.

RasPuto and Xeurian like this.
  6. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

I'd say you need to be very careful while trying to flank a full-blown 5-man link team. I had a situation where my SMG Bashi with holoechoes got blasted by the Ghulam Doctor's light shotgun. So you may want to soften them up with the guys like Yuan Yuan first.

7. Errhile

Well, that's predictable, you know.
    4+ model link ignores the Surprise Shot modifier from your Holoechos.
    In optimal range (up to 8") the Ghulam Doc in a 5-man link had effectively BS 11 + 9 (range bonus for shotgun and fireteam bonus). All the Bashi could've hoped for was Cover. So, Ghilim hitting at 17-or-less, 2 shots.
    Bashi was hitting on 15-or-less with the SMG (optimal range, no cover), 3 shots.

In such a situation, I'd rather go for ChainColt and hope to get more than one Fireteam member under the template. If I lose my Bashi to the return fire, so be it - but at least I have a chance of trimming down the Fireteam. Note: enemy Doc / Paramedic (or, in some cases, Engineer) should be considered a priority target in most situations: if they're down, anyone else you put down will stay down.

Xeurian, AssaultUnicorn and oldGregg like this.
  8. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I like Bashis.
    I played few games with AP Rifle version and was rather happy with him, but since SMG came out with her 12pts cost she's the Bashi I'm going for - if I want one ;) And that's the problem - I like her, I had nice battles with her, she can do a good job, but she's definitely not my staple unit.
    We have a very hard competition in irregular soldiers in Haqq and we can't take to much of them...
    Still I highly recommend trying her out :)

PozdRawiam / Greetings

oldGregg likes this.
  9. Lazarus0909

Lazarus0909 Well-Known Member

I used them pretty religiously in QK alongside Yuan Yuans, as you could easily afford 38-50 points for a disruptive airborne element to help offset the rather more static nature of many of the fireteams. Smoke from the pirates would help the bashi(s) land safely, and then they could bring more direct offensive weaponry and mine clearance to balance out the more template/melee oriented YYs.

I pretty much solely focused on the SMG profile in such a role, but have certainly raised some eyebrows dropping the eMauler loadout on the table (whether it was real or not... heh).

AssaultUnicorn likes this.
  10. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Speaking of landing safely, you can deploy in Holo2 and make people guess even if someone watches you landing, right?

RasPuto likes this.
  11. Errhile

Yes, but that's still 1-in-3 chance they make a correct guess. So, still a gamble.
    And that's if they don't have a template weapon facing that way (one of my most satisfying kills back in the day was when I zeroed a shotgun on a holoecho, and caught the model between it in the blast).

12. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

They make good proxies for Yuan Yuans.

oldGregg and Barrogh like this.
  13. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Of course, that's more along the lines of "just in case".

Heh, this is also true.

14. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I’ve only used them in Dahshat and Ikari, I really like the Combi with E-Mauler. Nothing more fun than putting mines at their front door step! Sometimes it’s perfectly fine to set them up in the regular deployment as well rather than doing AD. It depends on the mission and who you go against and when. My opponents are really good at covering board edges now. Especially if I do deployment instead of initiative I can at least see if it’s going to be viable for them to come on a table edge. Ikari has very limited Lt. so having the 12pt. Bashi look like 1-3 Keisotsu can be useful.

15. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

As an AD troop I think its very limited, I've had 1 game there I tried a hail marie move that almost worked. As a cheap Holo echo generator it has potential.

16. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

I love using Bashi Bazouks. Just having a cheap troop placement option in my back pocket is great if they over extend on that flank. Conversely, just dropping them onto the board without spending orders on them to apply a bit of pressure. Just forcing the opponent to think about them is plenty.

17. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I used two just last weekend. Both combi-E/maulers. One of them came up right behind some Hospitilars. He lost a few echoes but it worked. I then placed e/mauler which hit two knights and froze 1. Unfortunately that frozen knight still scored points in the area :(

oldGregg likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation