1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antipods and Handler

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Mef, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Mef

Mef New Member

Good day friends!
    In our club there was a dispute according to the rules of Antopod.
    For some reason, teammates believe that the Handler at the end of activation should be 8 inches from the antipodes.
    I carefully studied the rules and Internet resources, and did not find confirmation of this.
    I would like to clarify this issue.

2. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

Antipodes from the Assault Pack have to be within ZoC (i.e. 8 inches) from at least one other member of their pack. The Handler is not part of the pack, it's only important for the Control Device to be active and in the same Combat Group as the pack.

Your clubmates must have confused the rules for the Assault Pack with K-9 Antipodes, which are G:Synchronized and do have to stay within the ZoC of their controller, but do not need the Antipode Control Device. Note that K-9 do not have the Antipode skill, and Assault Pack Antipodes have no G:Synchronized skill.

#2 Gunmage, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    chromedog, cazboab, Arkhos94 and 2 others like this.
  3. Mef

Mef New Member

I thought the same thing, but the argument was hot and I was alone. Therefore, I wanted to clarify this issue.

4. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

The antipode assault pack exist because the Antipode skillexist (http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Antipode).

Who has the Antipode skill?
    The controler => No (she has the Antipode Pack Controler equipment but not the Antipode skill)
    The Antipode => Yes

Therefore only the antipode are (and can be) part of an Antipode Assault Pack

chromedog likes this.
  5. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

Yeah no, the controller doesn't need to be near the dogs, just alive and in the same group.

6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Yup. Antipode Assault Pack does not have G:Sync, so the pack can be more than 8" away from the controller. However, the various models of the pack do need to be within 8" of each other per the Antipode rule.

chromedog likes this.
  7. LankyOgreBP

LankyOgreBP Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I completely understand. There's a point at which you keep saying what the rule is and your friends keeping looping in other rules. It can be tough. Maybe have them walk through the positive of their argument. Why do they think it is required?

8. Mef

Mef New Member

Wow =) How many answers. Thanks to you. Your arguments helped me convince my teammates that I played correctly from the very beginning.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation