1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yan Huo

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Awash in Blood, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Being a barebones unit whose entire point is the otherwise TAG-unique weapons is fine.

However, when looking at Az'rail, the points difference between AP and MULTI HMG should be 2 or 3 points, which leaves +3 CC, +1 BS, -1 WIP and that is not 9-10 points! I would expect the Yan Huo MHMG to cost around 44 to 47 points when reverse engineering the points (allowing for some uncertainty in case MHMG is actually extremely costly compared to (AP) HMG). Yes, this might sound low, but keep in mind the Yan Huo is big, slow, with poor Hacking protection.
    This can be mitigated by a Zuyong in a Haris, as you note, but that's still an extra 34/0,5 and conversely you can also look at it from the other direction that the Yan Huo slows the Haris down. (Tactically, however, I'd still take the HRMC over the Haris option if going Yan Huo in IA, simply put Fireteams increase footprint which means it introduces a vulnerability and moves points away from "skirmishers" and gets them stuck in the DZ.)

Edit: Yan Huo's cost seems to be missing NWI

#21 Mahtamori, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Weathercock, Joametz and Knauf like this.
  2. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

I'd go with something like this, though ideally I'd probably find the points to take the MHMG instead of the DML.

Invincible Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
    MÓWÁNG (NCO) Red Fury, Akrylat-Kanone / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1 | 52)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    ZHĒNCHÁ (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun, D.E.P., Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    YĀN HUǑ (FTO) 2 Missile Launchers / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 52)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    HǍIDÀO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    Zhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    PANGGULING FTO (Repeater) Light Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)

4 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I used to be very enthusiast about the yan huo haris, but it never performed that well, so I'd advise against it.

#22 Sedral, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Tibooper

Tibooper Well-Known Member

@Sedral Thanks for the list too. I know you're right... I did run this Haris one time and it got destroyed by a Cutter first turn and I never tried again after (I'm not playing frequently either). I desperatly want to field those models since they're that great, that's the problem... I may replace the Haris wit the HRMC in the end.

4. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

I think the HRMC is a much better choice yeah. You can have a zhanshi/haidao fireteam on ARO and use the HRMC to clean up AROs and help your zhenchas/hulangs/mowang moving forward.

Invincible Army

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    YĀN HUǑ Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 54)
    HǍIDÀO (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 37)
    ZHANSHI Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    ZHANSHI Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    MECH-ENGINEER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]1
    Zhanshi YĪSHĒNG Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

4 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I don't know if it's better than going with the hac tao HMG, or a mix of attack REM, but shock/AP ammo and better burst/ rangeband makes it okay in pretty much all situations.

#24 Sedral, Sep 3, 2019
    Tibooper likes this.
  5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

HRMC Yan Huo is a different role to a Daofei Spitfire or Su Jian. Daofei and Su Jian are runners, in-your-face killers. The Yan Huo is the one putting rounds over their heads as a Daofei or Su Jian gets into position to start their killing spree.

Joametz likes this.
  6. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I had a HRMC period (we all did, right?) and this was the setup that brought joy to my life then. You had the Camo heavy in the midfield waiting for the artillery heavy to take out the AROs. After that, it was flank-time.

I love flank-time.

Oh, and ofc you had your button pushers at the ready. And that juicy doctor to bring back the big boi should the dice mistreat you. Man, I want to play vanilla again so bad now!

Usashi and Stuffist like this.
  7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

8. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

I know this may not be a popular choice on the forums but Ill be tring this out. It can help the Yan Hou's mobility. And you have a FO with WIP 14 B3. If you taget a trooper that Yan Hou has a base BS17. Some troops will be auto hits out of cover and no visual mods.

You can keep Fair Dust up if you suspect that will be an issue. If not enjoy putting that beast into a better potition. Plus the mk12 B4 inside 24 inches is like a 0 swc HMG

See below.

#28 Azuset, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  9. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Invincible Army

[​IMG]4
    TAI SHENG Mk12, Chain-colt, Stun Grenades / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 45)
    YĀN HUǑ (FTO) 2 Missile Launchers / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 52)
    ZÚYŎNG (Fireteam: Haris, Tactical Awareness) Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    DĀOYĪNG Lieutenant L2 Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)

3 SWC | 160 Points

Open in Infinity Army

10. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Something changed, or how is that legal? The Haris is two YanHuo plus a Haris Zuyong, and TaiSen is not a wildcard.

11. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Tai counts as a Zuyong for fire team comp. That would make him legal right?

12. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Yup, my bad. Its 2 Yan Hou.

Willen likes this.
  13. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

In the sad side, I would totally play THAT Haris.

Dragonstriker and Azuset like this.
  14. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

You could put in the Shang Ji spitfire for the same points of Tai and have a TA order for the haris, but it will eat up 4.5 SWC

Barrogh and Azuset like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation