1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The USAriadna Rework that I thought would be cool

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Keyrott, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

So I started this a while ago before there was even mention of a USAriadna change coming.

It's baseless wishlisting plus playing with some graphics work stuff to make the logos for the new units, I just had fun with it and thought what might be cool, almost certainly not balanced well :)

Anyways, here's what I had updated to today

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Couple of points: The tag should be STR not W imo, that way you can actually achieve the repair an str classified objective.
    The Minutemen with hyper dynamics is a bit odd, they're not supposed to be highly mobile agile HI, but more like MI with brute force pushing them into the HI weight class...
    Harris is a good idea, but I think it needs to be a less optimal profile than the shotgun, which is pretty much garunteed to be in the haris for close protection, either the basic rifle or the missile launcher fit better I think, or possibly have the Harris be a new profile entirely so that Harris becomes a tax for the new toy, eg a heavy grenade launcher or molotok...

Actually I really like the idea of a heavy grenade launcher as a China lake or a mk19 in a mini gun "chainsaw" grip setup....

Keyrott and Kreslack like this.
  3. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

Those unit logos look really fitting for USAriadna

Pretty creative units. Though a few of those things they'd never give us. like Lieutenant L2 or Vulcan shotguns :( . But I could see just about all of that fitting right into the faction with some adjustment.

Pretty sure the W instead of S on the tag was just a typo. I would still take that TAG though. It's a TAG killing monster and really durable.

#3 Kreslack, Aug 31, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    Keyrott and cazboab like this.
  4. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I like the idea of a TAG that gets Battle Ravaged profile.

Keyrott likes this.
  5. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

Hell yeah dude, thanks for the ideas. The TAG being W was a mistake, it’s supposed to be STR.

The idea with the hyper dynamics was based on the whole “They’ll be there in a minute” thing from their name without being 6-2 cuz that’s apparently reserved for super humans and machines, while keeping them slightly apart from the rest of the Ariadna HI.

And I can see that on the Minutemen Haris to keep it from being too optimized. I’d lean toward the rifle just because the Heavy Grenade wouldn’t really benefit much from the burst increase from the haris when spec firing, but maybe that’d be just right :)

cazboab likes this.
  6. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

Thank you! I thought having all four card suits represented in units through name and logo would be a sweet flavor addition to USAriadna as we already had the Black Spade in the Blackjack, and adding Wild Bill and really pulling on the Old West poker theme seemed fitting to me :)

Basically I added the Vulkan shotgun to add more variety as I didn't see it as out of Ariadna's tech range, it's just a boarding shotgun with Dragon's Breath rounds essentially and Fire weapons seems to be one of USAriadna's strengths.

LT L2 I thought would be a cool two-fold buff for the faction as their LT options are a bit lackluster, while also granting NCO on the Unknown Ranger so that he could get an indirect buff and a cool combo.

I'm sure their tweak for USAriadna isn't going to be nearly this big but a boy can dream lmao

Deltervees and cazboab like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation