1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity Faq

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by KreoL, Nov 24, 2017.

1. KreoL

KreoL Well-Known Member

I read couple times new FAQ, and I have really big problem with new shock amo. I think it should works same for all models, with Valor level 2-3. No matter how many wounds they have. Equilibrium. I didn't see models with 2+Wo&NWI get 1-2 less points cheaper from that faq.

More and more models and guns get shock/viral amo, and NWI models don't get cheaper.

Best Regards
    KreoL

2. Belgrim

Belgrim Well-Known Member

I’m still trying to understand what this new rule really does...

3. Cervantes3773

Cervantes3773 Rogue AI
    Warcor

I was in the same boat with you until I talked it out with some friends, so... I'll take a stab at it.

Shock ammo does the following special stuff:
    1. If you have 1 wound value on your profile and you fail an ARM check against shock, you bypass Unconscious and go straight to dead.
    2. It cancels the effects of V:Dogged, V:NWI, and the SpawnEmbryo part of the Shasvastii skill.

If you have an STR value, or Shock Immunity, or Bio-Immunity, you treat Shock ammo as Normal ammo.

Normal ammo has NONE of the special effects of Shock. Normal ammo doesn't cause you to bypass Unconscious and Normal ammo doesn't ignore V:Dogged, V:NWI, or the SpawnEmbryo part of the Shasvastii skill.

So that's why troopers with Shock Immunity, Bio-Immunity, or STR completely ignore each and every effect of Shock. It's simply not Shock ammo to them.

But those troopers with 2+ Wounds and Dogged, NWI, etc?

If you have a Wounds value of 2+, whether because your profile started with 2+ wounds, or because you used some fancy schmancy skill to consume the flesh of your enemies in an terrifying, yet highly effective battlefield tactic... then the part about Shock where if it makes you go to zero Wounds, you bypass Unconscious and go straight to Dead does not apply to you.

HOWEVER, the part about Shock ignoring V:Dogged, V:NWI, and the SpawnEmbryo part of the Shasvastii skill still applies to you.

http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Shock_Special_Ammunition

I hope that helps.

Lareon, Belgrim and C0MR4DE like this.
  4. Belgrim

@Cervantes3773 So what happes if i unit with shock ammo shoots at my Hector (2 wounds + V:NWI) and does 1 dmg or 2 dmg respectively?

5. GuanYunChang

GuanYunChang 二哥

The way I read it:

If Hector takes 1 damage from shock ammunition then he will have 1 wound left. It seems a bit unclear if taking that shock damage will cancel his Valor skill, or if it's only when it removes his last wound. I personally think the second option is more likely but have no grounds for it.

If Hector takes 2 damage from shock ammo then he will be unable to activate V:NWI and will fall unconscious. But not dead.

Belgrim likes this.
  6. berynius

berynius Well-Known Member

If Hector suffers 1 wound nothing more happens... he now have only 1 wound

If Hector suffers 2 wound he goes unconscious. As he is a model with a 2 wound stat line he does not die immediately however as he as hit by a shock weapon he cannot activate V:NWI and goes unconscious.

Belgrim and Cervantes3773 like this.
  7. Belgrim

I am embarrassed now cause that is the way I have been playing it since I started infinity. What was different before this new faq rule?

8. berynius

Good for you I actually think it make more sense like this... also now it mirrors Viral ammo

9. Sora9785

Sora9785 Well-Known Member

Is viral official? Last that i know, it was still discussed

Balewolf likes this.
  10. Pietras404

Pietras404 Active Member

No, I didn't see this ruling yet. For now those work differently I believe.

11. Melkhior

Melkhior Doing filthy things for EI

Viral ammo has different wording:

A target of Viral Special Ammunition that enters the Dead state directly, bypassing the Unconscious state, cannot activate the Spawn-Embryo, V: Dogged, or V: No Wound Incapacitation states.

Emphasis added by me.
    And this is IMHO clear that HI with NWI can normally activate it, because they cannot be killed directly by viral.

Hecaton and Pietras404 like this.
  12. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

The problem with the FAQ entry is that it doesn't mirror Viral. :disappointed:

BLOODGOD, Balewolf, Hecaton and 2 others like this.
  13. berynius

Ups... I think i just focused on the last part of the red square in the Viral wiki entry that I did not stop to think that it would only aplly to one wound models.

14. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Exactly. And those two red boxes are supposed to mean the exact same thing.

Someone on the rules team has a cargo cult-level understanding of what's going on.

15. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

before the FAQ there had been a CB approved answer that multi-wound gave you whole immunity to shock effects (all of them - effectively, the same as someone who already have Shock Immunity). With the FAQ, you are only immune to a portion of shock list of effects.

Hecaton and Belgrim like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation