1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hidden deployment

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Name1988, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Name1988

Name1988 New Member

I want to infiltrate my hiiden TO ninja on the opponent side. Are the fact of roll, result of roll etc open info?

2. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Yes – you have to inform you're opponent you are going to make an infiltration roll and then make that roll in the open with the result clear

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

As a minor addition; you don't need to inform your opponent who is making the roll, and you do not need to inform your opponent that your target value is 9 (for a Ninja) or 15 (for an Oniwaban). You do need to tell them if you crit the roll, however, and they need to see the result die. If someone tells you you have to tell them the target number, inform them that they are remembering 2nd edition rules.

4. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

This is very similar to the Lt. roll, if that helps you to remember.

5. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

You do have to say whether the skill being used is infiltration, or 'superior infiltration' though don't you?

6. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

I don't think so (but better players may tell you otherwise). The roll is an infiltration roll either way. The skill (and any bonus it applies) is still hidden information.

7. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I don't believe so. Since the model isn't on the table, that information isn't public.

8. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

No. Just the number on the die, and whether it's a crit, and then you can verify it later. As per the ruling about Forward Deployment vs. Infiltration, the exact skill a trooper with private information is using doesn't have to be revealed.

9. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Why? While it's not specified like in the Initiative roll that crits are not possible, I don't see why critting a non-face to face roll is relevant, and by telling "I crit" with a 9/15 you are, in fact, revealing which troop :S

10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Because the rules require you to let your opponent know the result of a roll and because anything that isn't private information is open information. Since there is no rule saying it's private information and since it's not in the below list, it's open information. Below is the list of private information:

11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

It could be argued that you are, in fact, revealing information of the Special Skill contained in the TO marker... To me, at least, "fail" is enough information.

Truth be told, when we talk about Ninjas, Oniwabans and Shinobu, if the roll is passed with a 9 it could be any, if it's more can only be the oniwaban or Shinobu, so...

12. Sergej Faehrlich

Sergej Faehrlich Well-Known Member
    Warcor

As the contents of your marker ist private Info, there ist no reason to tell your opponent more than the fact, if the roll was sucessfull or not. You must declare the skill though. this applies to ph-3 rolls for standard camo markers If you dare to deploy them further upfront. Once the trooper is revealed the opponent can check...probabky a good idea to take notes If the roll feels fishy. Might be a good idea to have your ippoppon indicate in His list for which Trooper His Roller First, Seconds etc...Just to avoid selective Results...

Same goes for lt. Rolls...

#12 Sergej Faehrlich, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  13. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Why? This is not part of the Order Expenditure Sequence, it’s use of a Deployment Skill.

14. Sergej Faehrlich

Sergej Faehrlich Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I edited that in afterwards and was since then wondering if that was true...sincr minelayer would then be a similar issue. Thanks for that!

15. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

What we have been doing is to say, "I have Hidden Deployment to deal with, can you turn your back for a second?" Then place the model where we want it, and roll the die next to the model if you need to. Take a picture with your ComLog phone showing both model and die roll, assuming you succeed on the Infiltration roll. Remove both model and die, then tell the opponent you're done.

Though usually the opponent will go to the bathroom or grab a drink or whatever. Convenient break time, after all!

16. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I prefer to place the model with the opponent not looking and take a photo, or make a fast draw (with annotations) if the position is clear enough. Then, I roll in view of my opponent. That being said, I seldom Infiltrate on my opponent's side, since my camos and TOs are more for midfield game and shell games (the Libertos minelayer has been quite a revolution for certain lists)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation