1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing in N4

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

To be perfectly honest, you might be missing someone competent at using them. It's very difficult to exploit any of a Hospitaller link's weaknesses, as they are better at shooting than an equivalent IA fireteam and doesn't have a natural weakness to casual melee for roughly the same price.

Joametz likes this.
  2. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

An incredibly resilient HI team without any weak links, great at dodging templates, stealth running through repeaters that had a doctor at the ready.
    And most of all, a decent support in TOFOOS, TO sniper and bulleteer with fusiliers pumping them to a respectable order count in two groups.
    It was the definition of a faceroll army that people here in out meta took when they wanted some easy wins at a tourney.

#302 fatherboxx, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Eh, I think OSS, VIRD, and Tohha are more fundamental design mistakes than those.

4. Hecaton

Yeah, the whole thing was kind of a shit sandwich. Dashat really needs the Tac Awareness profiles removed, because it gives the lie to the idea that TA is for armies that are low order count. They need to reevaluate what the fuck they're doing with all those NWI profiles in IA.

Someone on 4chan hilariously mentioned that the bitching from the YJ community would be baseless and insufferable except for the fact that Dashat exists.

#304 Hecaton, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Azuset and Ten Thousand Arrows like this.
  5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

What's wrong with Varuna?

Everything but the Kamau sniper in Fusilier links seems pretty reasonable to me.

6. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

True story.

7. Hecaton

Jammers as a defensive/board control tool are a pretty big deal.

8. Section9

OK, fair point.

Jammers do need to be fixed to allow more face-to-face rolls. N3 mostly got rid of the "eat a Normal roll" mechanics of N2, dunno why CB re-introduced them.

9. Hecaton

Well it's more that if they can fuck with you without needing LoF, you should be able to fuck with them back. If they're in an inaccessible place, like on a rooftop, then in order to interact with a nearby objective you have to eat a normal roll from them. If it was a hacker, you could get your killer hacker in there and murder them in response. But there's no equivalent response to a Jammer.

Barrogh and Henshini like this.
  10. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

The whole Jammers things really boils down to "they are kinda too powerful", IMO CB needs to make them hackable or something. Make them easier to attack (how about giving AHDs a way to blow them up? Suddenly you might be more inclined to take AHDs all together).

11. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

TAKE INTUITIVE ATTACK AWAY FROM JAMMERS

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  12. Hecaton

TAKE JAMMERS AWAY FROM JAMMERS

Berjiz, Weathercock and SKOZZOKONZ like this.
  13. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Make them Comms equipment and job is a gud'un. Then they're a viable target for blackout and have to be careful as they advance through hacking AROs

AdmiralJCJF and Joametz like this.
  14. Section9

I still think they should lose the No LOF tag, too. If the EMP can't go through a wall, why can the jamming?

15. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Man i remember when em did go through walls. #oldman

16. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Jammers will get nerfed. When YJ gets a unit with them.

Barrogh, Ariwch, Zewrath and 2 others like this.
  17. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Well-Known Member

We can strap them on another penal unit!

Joametz likes this.
  18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Jammers interfere with the explosive necklace and the tracking device.

Barrogh and Stuffist like this.
  19. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Well-Known Member

Pfft, they don't need to know that.

20. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Here's my N4 ISS Wishlist:

Internal balance in ISS is awful. Bao are basically unplayable (Rui Shi exist in the same faction, which makes Bao a non-choice), Zhanying only get taken as link fillers for Wu Ming or Hsien, most of the Pheasant profiles are useless, the Ashcroft Hunting Party link is just bloat with no purpose, and the Sforza profiles should be cleaned up into one profile (this change has already been made to Dahshat). ISS just feels very bloated as a sectorial -- so many profiles exist that even with link options just wouldn’t get played. There are 8 Pheasant profiles, for example, and I can only see 3 that I would ever consider at all. Bao have 6 profiles with only 2 I would ever consider regardless of how much their link options were changed.

Why would I take a Bio2 BSG Contender Bao when for 1 point more I can get a Bio2 MSV2 BSG Bao? Why would I take an X-Visor MSV2 Combi+LSG Bao when for 4 points less I can get the Bio2 MSV2 BSG Bao? Why would I take any of these when for less cost across the board, I can get a Spitfire on a Rui Shi that is faster, just as good of a shot, can use supportware, and has almost the same ARM/BTS? (Yeah Bao are BTS6, something you would know if maybe you had EVER SEEN ANYONE PLAY ONE!)

And hell, we might as well just let the Hsien HMG into a mixed core at this point. It wouldn’t be the most egregious jump in power in the last year. (I’m about 75% serious here.) We already saw it in Yuandun and it was strong but not oppressive there.

Barrogh, Berjiz, Henshini and 4 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation