1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Placing a smoke template

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Whyrocknodie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Andre82

Andre82 Well-Known Member

Not knowing how to place a template is not far off.

Sure, and mistakes will be made... but let's see they get corrected.
    Honestly what this is really about is a old infinity problem of not really knowing how the basic game is played... still.

Hecaton likes this.
  2. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Last time I checked I don't demo smoke placement. So if it's part of the basic game we must all be doing something wrong

3. Andre82

Andre82 Well-Known Member

I tend to make templets part of my teaching games with extra attention placed on shotguns because they tend to confuse people.
    Well that is kinda the point... we might be doing something wrong.

4. Tanan

Tanan Well-Known Member

Speaking of placing smoke templates without using speculative fire, are the following actions legal in your local meta:

Q1: Model on a lower level has LoF to the edge of the roof -> Model can place the smoke template blast focus on the roof, if the blast focus touches the edge of the roof.

Q2: Smoke grenade blast focus doesn’t need to placed completely on a flat surface -> even a microscopic flat surface can be targeted by smoke grenade.

5. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

And then it's reached full circle where people on the FAQ committee enforce their own lack of reading of the rules on the community...

6. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

In both cases the answer for us locally is that you need a 3mm x 3mm flat space, that you have LOF to. Which precludes both of the above. I'm not sure this is actually reflective of the strict requirements (happy to have that confirmed either way) but it cuts down on malarkey.

7. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Why exactly threads need to be devolved in accusations?

A Mão Esquerda and Spinnaker like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation