1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ajax the mighty

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by SpecOP6903, Aug 20, 2019.

1. SpecOP6903

SpecOP6903 Member

OK, so this isn't just exclusive to ajax but he's my jumping off point. I'm a little confused with how CC special rules work and was hoping someone could assist.
    Ajax has cc22. What does he crit on?

Secondly, using berserk, he gets +6 on one of the table choices so is cc28. Again, what does he crit on (and yes I understand at this point it's a normal roll, not face to face)

Thirdly, NBW. Do I have to use this skill? Also, how does it combine with berserk?

Thanks in advance.

2. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Attributes Above 20
    In other cases, accumulating positive MODs can cause the final value of an Attribute to rise above 20. In this case, consider the final value of the Attribute to be 20, but with the peculiarity that the player adds to his result on the die the amount by which the Attribute exceeded 20 (an Attribute of 23 would add 3 to the die).

In these cases, any result of 20 or more on the roll is a Critical, if applicable. Attributes above 20 (either from positive MODs or plainly stated in the troop profile) increase the chance of obtaining a Critical result.

So he normally crits on an 18,19, or 20 AND he gains a +2 on his DIE roll (i.e. for a non-crit, if the die comes up a 4, it gets modified to a 6. ). It is this +2 that turns his 18 or 19 into a crit - in addition to the 20.
    With Berserk, his CC goes to 28.
    His crits go to 13+ and that die modifier goes to +8. (So using my previous example, a 4 goes to a 12 ).
    However, this DOES mean that he cannot stop an opponent's attack with his roll and must eat any response. He will probably mince anything he faces, but may take a wound (or more) in response.

SpecOP6903 likes this.
  3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I think it simply scales, so you either remove the enemy's Protheion/Martial Arts/etc... or get a +6 to your roll.

So he goes to 22 + 6 + 3 with a +1 to damage... so 31, meaning he would roll 1d20+11, meaning any roll of 9 or more in the dice is a crit (imagine that with 3 Myrmidons giving him Burst bonuses...) on his EXP hammer...

SpecOP6903 likes this.
  4. SpecOP6903

SpecOP6903 Member

That's wonderful, thank you for the concise explanation. That really helps :)

5. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

The difficult part is delivering him ;-)

6. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

+3 from NBW. The +6 is from Berserk.

7. SpecOP6903

SpecOP6903 Member

Ah, confusion strikes again. Do the NBW and berserk bonuses stack then?

DukeofEarl likes this.
  8. DukeofEarl

Yep. That's how you get the 31. You just had the values backwards

SpecOP6903 likes this.
  9. Kortz

Kortz Well-Known Member

Well S#%&... Thinking i'm playing my CC in a wrong way... :sweat:
    Case: Lets say a Myrmidon(CC 21) is attacking in CC a Reverend Moira (CC16) that punches back, its a Face to face roll, 1 Die vs 1 Die.
    The Myrmidon is using Martial Arts Lv 3, buffing his CC to a 24 and imposing a -3 to the Moira CC that ends in a 13.

Because of the "Attributes Above 20" part where "any result of 20 or more on the roll is a Critical, if applicable. Attributes above 20 (either from positive MODs or plainly stated in the troop profile) increase the chance of obtaining a Critical result."
    so if the Myrmidon D20 roll is a 16,17,18,19 or 20 its a critical. I have been using that rule right, I think.
    BUT...
    The first part of the "Attributes Above 20" specifically: "where accumulating positive MODs can cause the final value of an Attribute to rise above 20. In this case, consider the final valueof the Attribute to be 20, but with the peculiarity that the player adds to his result on the die the amount by which the Attribute exceeded" its where doubt come to me so lets continue with the case...

Let's say the Moira rolls a 10 on her CC and the Myrmidon rolls an 8 (that is just the number that the D20 roll) The way I have been playing is this: In this case, the Moira won the roll so the Myrmidon has to save the Damage(because it is an 8 vs 10).
    But now I think that after the Myrmidon D20 roll that is an 8, a +4 is added (because of the 21,22,23 and 24 the Myrmidon has on his CC) that changes the number to a 12, so the Face to face roll is a 12 (Myrmidon) vs an 8 (Moira) the Moira losses the roll and has to save for Damage.

Sooo is this right or not?

10. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

The Myrmidon won that CC with a roll of 12, Moira must make saves.

12>10

DukeofEarl and Kortz like this.
  11. Kortz

Kortz Well-Known Member

Thanks!

12. DukeofEarl

It helps if you remember that the reason the 16, 17, 18, 19 all are crits is because they get the +4 to the roll and become the target number of 20(+)

Kortz and Balewolf like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation