1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yu Jing Special Operations - Counts as Dashat

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Kalendo, May 14, 2019.

1. Kalendo

Kalendo Well-Known Member

I switched over to Imgur because the forum started eating my original pictures.

Greetings Everyone,

I'm going to use this thread to keep a record of what I'm doing with my custom Army.

I really was Struggling with what army I wanted to play, I fell in love with the look of Yu Jing but I wanted something that was a Sectorial , after briefly trying to make IA work, Dashat came out, and I fell in love, it was Yu Jing units, and some Haqq units!

I'm going to do conversions on every model to make them feel more "Yu Jing"

My Zuyongs (Converted Red Veil to be kneeling and pointed the missile launcher down.
    [​IMG]

My Two Hunzakuts (second is a Ghulam from red veil I gave some fur to)
    [​IMG]

Ghulams (Zanshi)
    [​IMG]

Bounty Hunters all with SMG's
    [​IMG]

Left to Right: Zhaying with a Spec ops knife and a casted SMG -- the other 3 are repurposed models from Red Veil's Haqqislam half, -- with SMG's cut down from rifles, or with the contender from a Shikami.

My Remote Core
    [​IMG]
    The two rebots have magnets on the butts the Lu-Duan and Rui-shi have them on their backs -- I haven't made their weapons yet however.

Mercenaries of Dashat (2 views)
    [​IMG]

Saito Togan, Valerya Gromez, Father Sforza, and my Counts as Mcmurrough

and the back
    [​IMG]

My First Brawler and my phoned in HVT
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

#1 Kalendo, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  2. Kalendo

Bashi Bazouk
    didnt feel Yu Jing enough with just an arm swap, those wings just felt out of place so I swapped it for a tigers backpack.

20190515_091321.jpg

20190515_091306.jpg

it's just white taced on while I struggle with casting and blue stuff, but I feel like it makes it feel more Yu Jing, and the bashi has been the breakout star of my games so far.

Bounty Hunters

No pictures yet, as they are in the simple green bath, but I have decided that all of my bounty hunters will be wearing trench coats of some sort and kitbashed bits mixed up.

What's nice about this project is I get to use that Haqq half of Red Veil I had laying around, I'm going to see if I can manage to use every part of it.

So far my ABH base models will be:

- Zhanyang imperial agent from ISS starter
    - Zhayedan from red veil
    - Tuareg from Red Veil
    - Khawari From Red Veil

I will need at least 7 ABH for what I want to do so I may order up some other cool trenchcoated models from other factions and kitbash and sculpt. I'm a much better sculptor than I am a painter, but if I can learn to paint this army will look awesome on the table!

Thanks for the likes, it's nice to get encouragement (and the main reason I only play infinity now lol)

#2 Kalendo, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  3. Kalendo

Starting to get the hang of molds and casting with miliput, to celebrate my first not awful cast I started my first bounty hunter.

Bounty Hunter #1 smg

This used to be a Khawari From Red Veil, I chopped his head off, and stuck a miliput casted Shikami head in its place.

I feel the contender looked enough like a SMG with a silencer so I left it as is, and then I came to a horrific conclusion...

Infinity has a really strange thing about at least yu jing models.

if a model has a melee weapon its right handed, and that's the only way you get left handed weapons.

So I have a distinct lack of right arms in poses, so I had to give this guy a right handed pistol, even though he already had one hostlered.

Quick head repositioning and I think I made it work.

20190517_102301.jpg 20190517_102316.jpg 20190517_102307.jpg

I may do a little more touch ups but the scarf and folds hide my hack jobs pretty well, cant wait to prime this guy.

Has anyone else ever had this "lack of interesting right arms problem before?

Next up casting sniper rifles and smgs, I only own two of each lol.

Borlois, Smiler, Section9 and 3 others like this.
  4. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

I'm really enjoying following your progress on this, everything looks amazing.

Have you decided on a paintscheme?

Kalendo likes this.
  5. Kalendo

Thanks! Yeah the paint scheme is started on the Zuyong HMG in the first post.

The general idea is I want my whole collection will look ok on the table together, Between IA, ISS, Vanilla, and Dashat. (And eventually Aleph)

So the scheme is Orange-White-Black, but which color is "primary" on the model depends on what branch I view/deem the model from, but all 3 colors will be present.

For example
    • Heavy infantry (IA) will be more Orange>White>Black, as the Zuyong, but with white helmets
    • Stealth/Spec ops will be more Black>Orange>White
    • My Remotes/support will be White>Orange>Black
    2985B624-EF57-4715-9AE1-4D2CA7998152.jpeg 39DA23E2-827E-43F9-B9B1-252132ACC0ED.jpeg 42D0127A-4424-4450-957D-2DD7E44712C1.jpeg

#5 Kalendo, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    jherazob, Smiler, Koin-Koin and 2 others like this.
  6. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Sorry to hijack the post a bit, but I notice that you're using the Aleph entry of the Infinity Painter I'm actually beta-ing (if that's even a word).
    I'm glad to see people using it. If you have any feedback regarding it, please let me know in the dedicated post so I can try to update what should be (also, it's always great to know if it's ok as it too :grinning:).

Kalendo likes this.
  7. Kalendo

Just stumbled across it for the first time at at 3am my time, so I used it and edited my post.

it worked pretty well on my iPad, the only issue I had was Couldn’t select the aleph girls hair detail the fill was easy but the lines stayed purple.

Not a huge problem for such a great tool!

——-

On to real updates.... so I’m still struggling with blue stuff molds on weapons.

Single piece mold heads I got down, but considering I need 4 more smhs and about 6 more snipers than I own I have to master this.

I did have a good idea for my counts as mcmorrough, I wanted to use a Yan Huo chasis, but how would I get a S5 4-2 model to convey a 6-4 super jump S6 model....

I’ve been toying with the idea that this force contained veterans who were combat injured and brought back into the fight with cybernetics, maybe some people are creeped out by cube usage or something... (still working out the details)

Then this popped into my head.
    93507ABD-E9BC-417D-AE6F-385CD1F1C094.jpeg

Yeah general grievous from star wars, but a whole backstory started to pop up in my head..

An injured great warrior, who wanted to continue to fight, a clandestine R&D lab, experimental armor for a quadruple amputee... something something Su-Jian tech .... something like that.

One of my actually good castings was a khang shi chainrifle that looks like a pistol on a yan huo, sword on the back, tattered black cloak... it’s ambitious but not the hardest conversion Ive ever done.
    20190519_115201.jpg
    Painting can start this week on some models though!

#7 Kalendo, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Golem2God, jherazob and Koin-Koin like this.
  8. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

I don't like Dogwarriors as a concept too, so I had the idea of using the Sphinx. Coincidentally it actually looks quite close to Grievious. Maybe with some conversion even more. Alternatively the Overdrone works too in size and they have these big claws that look like they can be used in CC.

The main problem is McMurder has W and not STR, but I guess you can make up some reason. Maybe its actual a human (maybe wounded veteran) inside it, so if it gets hit it needs a Doctor and not only an engineer to get back up.

If you wanna stay YuJing though, you can always just use the SuJian found this one the other day:

[​IMG]
    https://www.webstagram.info/media/BegrC8Qlbnu

Borlois, lefrank, Golem2God and 7 others like this.
  9. Kalendo

That is a gorgeous conversion, and you are totally right where my thoughts were, as the wounded veteran inside for a few reasons, the wounds vs structure, the fact that despite all other defenses it has, it still has viral as a weakness.. plus I just really want to use at least the upper torso of the yan huo, I love the model.

im going to look up those other models for ideas, Thanks for sharing!

10. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Another idea: Yan Huo with a Jet Pack! :D

Space Ranger likes this.
  11. Kalendo

Casting weapons is hard....

I got one chain rifle casted ok, but the second was miscast off the same mold, luckily a SMG and a tiger backpack came out ok.

This is what I've been working on:

E267FB15-8AB5-4731-AD57-E6B140979E54.jpeg 2C4DD292-7D6F-4D99-9986-67280AF11A0D.jpeg

4 bounty hunters 2 with smgs 2 with snipers, the bashi finnally has a backpack and I started the reverse hinge legs for counts as mcmurder, paperclip wrap in foil, skin with greenstuff.

#11 Kalendo, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
  12. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

If you can find them, the second generation Zhanshi is great for Bounty Hunters. Diferent enough from current Zhanshi and the figures are better than the first generation. Those I'm suing as Ikari Keisotsu.

[​IMG]

Xeurian, Section9 and Kalendo like this.
  13. Kalendo

Oh those are great bounty hunters oh well, I’m 2/3rds done with my bounty hunters.

Maybe I’ll pick them up for when I start ikari lol

Space Ranger likes this.
  14. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Oh something to add, the old Irmadinhos 2 has fins on his back if you want them for Liberto.

[​IMG]

Section9 and Kalendo like this.
  15. Kalendo

So I got married a month ago and had to put conversions and painting on a halt for a while but I didnt forget a d now have more to show!!

As mentioned previously I'm not the best painter but here is progress so far on paint.
    15647680674975862939932235365532.jpg

I'm making progress with converting Mcmurder as well

15647684090205957517521147567555.jpg 15647685108394413649566008304115.jpg

I have organized a backlog of what to paint and convert next and I'm trying to put 5 models painted a week to my low standards.

ps playing dashat agression is so much fun.

#15 Kalendo, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  16. Kalendo

so I got more painting done.. now up to 18 painted models! here is what is in the table this week.

20190821_121221.jpg
    putting priming on mcmurrough and paint is something I've been looking forward to for a while..

Borlois, Koin-Koin, Golem2God and 3 others like this.
  17. Kalendo

I switched over to Imgur for Hosting because the forums started eating my old pictures I've updated the first post with all my progress, so far I'm at 27 Completed models, with about 20 to go,

Here's something to save you from scrolling up! but there's lots more

[​IMG]

18. Kalendo

Next Batch

So I'm doing this thing where I try to use new unpainted models in my weekly game (where I can) and then try and force myself to paint them before the game so I field a Painted army.

For this week for my frontline game.
    [​IMG]

Kum Biker 1 and 2 (Arigato's with Credit card Swords) my Bashi Bazouk, my 2 counts as Libertos, (left shotgun knife, right, SMG cut down from a rifle.

and two repaints, my Zuyong Shotgun and a Celestial Guard (counts as Brawler)
    [​IMG]
    (shown with a modern scheme paint of the same type)

This week has a lot of conversion as well as painting, but we'll see how I do.

Much like @Space Ranger mentioned earlier in the thread am going to put flippers and tubes on the liberto so they're more like "frogmen" to make them look different enough from my hunzakuts, I take 2 libertos every game, so they should get priority.

I think I'm going to design and 3dprint some new tanks and flippers for them, see how that goes.

19. Kalendo

So I did ok!

[​IMG]

My game got pushed back a week, so I have nothing new to paint but only about 8 models left to do,

The Kum Biker's Swords are a bit giant:

[​IMG]

but the libertos came out "ok"

[​IMG]

These are 3d printed air tank and flippers:

[​IMG]

Not much left to paint, but I'll continue making lists with 30% unpainted units to make me paint them (Al Fasid, Miranda Ashccroft, some more brawlers)

Section9, Space Ranger and Koin-Koin like this.
  20. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Both of those Kums could use some spiky blonde hair now...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation