1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jammers not getting Fireteam bonuses?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Hecaton, Aug 18, 2019.

1. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Everyone? Not me. Not a lot of folks I know.

Alright you scruffy Nerfherder, let us hear it!

lol.

#61 oldGregg, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    Zergash and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  2. Andre82

Andre82 Well-Known Member

Yah I hate players who try and play to win, I agree they should get surprised screwed over after potentially traveling to play in this tournament.

If only CB had some hint jamming needed to be looked at before....

xagroth, Hecaton and Zewrath like this.
  3. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Greg, me olde dude.
    Here to kick on cranky beehives like me? :joy:

4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Yes it was. It was in contradiction to the rules. Unless it's based on something in the rules or FAQ, it's in error.

xagroth likes this.
  5. Hecaton

Doesn't matter, because any MOD that applies to a BS attack (Like fireteam bonuses) would apply to a Jammer.

Andre82 likes this.
  6. Hecaton

So what, if we're not playing by RAW then whoever can argue their personal interpretation the best will have the advantage? I pity the poor fucker who has to play against me in that case.

Andre82 likes this.
  7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

If you built your force and tactics around something as broken as a Mimetic MSV2 BS16 Sixth Sense L2 linked Sniper Rifle, you definitely deserve to get that pulled out from under you at the last minute.

That's the big problem I have with this.

This 'FAQ' was not announced before the tournament. That, all by itself, is COMPLETELY unacceptable!!! :imp::imp::imp:

"Isn't that the Game Designer's job?"
    "No, the Technical Writer's job is to turn the Game Designer's ideas into a rules-lawyer-proof thing."

xagroth, Urobros, nazroth and 4 others like this.
  8. oldGregg

Why? You haven't convinced me of anything on these forums yet, what makes you think you could convince anyone in person? The fact you tout your supposed drug use and elitism doesn't lend you much credo.

Events like these almost always display judges making questionable decisions. It comes with the territory. Blaming others for your loss doesn't lead to improvement. Get over it and prepare for the worst. Adapt to unforeseen circumstances. Most of all, just have fun pushing your toys around the table.

Now, all that said, judges who make up their own rules come across as toddlers on a power trip. Your role is to ensure games may be completed in a timely manner and to provide direction for those who may need assistance. In the rare occasion in which you should be making a debatable rules question, it should be done mindfully with consistency, speed, and player enjoyment in mind.

Also, @psychoticstorm - Hecaton routinely uses profane language on these forums with a tone that suggests he is exempt from the rules. I find this insulting, offensive, and aggressive. As bans only very rarely seem to occur, I assume some forum rules may have been forgotten. Here's a link as a reminder: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/en-general-forum-rules.257/

realder and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  9. maru

maru Well-Known Member

yes and no
    the rules about this are contradicting them selves
    all of them confirm a +3 Mod to Wip or PH if used in a link and benefiting from this (5 man link )
    But +1 Burst for Tech weapon there is no mentione - only about applaing all mods to BS same to Wip
    worst in wiki http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Fireteam_Bonuses
    6 th effect is The +1 B bonus is not applicable when the attack is an Entire Order Skill (Intuitive Attack, Speculative Fire...).
    just to be nulyfied in FAQ but not removed from main rule for some reason - just causing missdirection
    and if you check rules for What is BS attack what is Tech weapon and check links they lead to - on one page there will be confirmed they are a BS weapon but another link will lead you stright to they count as and applay bonuses to Wip

and ye Jammer in a link is just awkward .. CB could add a new key world "autistic device" - do not benefit from assisted fire in a link ;) - would solve a lot of problems

Urobros likes this.
  10. Hecaton

The point isn't to convince people like you. The point is to convince third parties.

No. No they don't.

I mean, if a judge springs a house ruling on you in the middle of a game, then blaming yourself would be just stupid.

Huh. Were you at GenCon last year? (2018)

I wasn't directing profane language at you. The only reason you're claiming that you find this insulting is because you generally can't provide good arguments against the points I bring up on the forums, so you'd rather I just disappear. I believe the term for your behavior is "crybullying."

Zewrath and nazroth like this.
  11. Hecaton

Ok, your post is barely comprehensible here but keep in mind they walked back their FAQ ruling about Forward Observer etc. in Fireteams (because it was incorrect). Also, keep in mind that Jammer is listed in with all the other BS weapons in the rulebook and wiki. Regardless, even if you assumed that it wasn't a BS weapon for some ungodly reason, the +3 from a 5-man fireteam would still apply. AFAIK the ruling said that that didn't apply either, making the ruling clearly wrong.

12. oldGregg

Ok druggy. You bitch about everything under the sun. I just have fun trolling you every once and a while. Seems to get you every time.

13. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

It might also be worth noting for the hypercritical among us that they’ve been advised more than once by more than one person in position to know that their hyper aggressive manner has the exact opposite effect to what they claim to want.

14. oldGregg

When in doubt, sling the mud.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  15. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Easy a Balistic weapon use a balistic ammunition - Jammer uses a type of Waves / transmission not an actual Balistic weapon
    but yes a 5man link bonus should applay according to current wording in book and wiki and faq

i think i figured out how they rulled Jammer
    it is Kriigel agent pheroware Eraser - he do not get bonuses for Triad and caind of do similar thing - isolates but he cost a lot and is aquishe and is in Tooha / Spital

Urobros likes this.
  16. Hecaton

Good thing I'm not as thin-skinned as you, otherwise I'd be raising hell over that.

You're kind of known as a complainer yourself.

If you think I'm "hyper aggressive" I think you should go meet some people in the real world. Again, it's more that certain people think that any assessment of CB's quality other than "perfect" is an affront to their exalted personages.

17. Hecaton

You have no idea what you're talking about. You can barely even type this stuff out.

18. oldGregg

Well ... you are aggressive.

Personally I’m not a huge fan of a lot of decisions CB makes. But you’re so self-righteous it’s hilarious.

There you go again, being rude.

19. maru

maru Well-Known Member

och dear you have no idea how wast is my knowledge, you act like a spoiled brat, worst part: you's post have no imput to the topic you are just Venting you personal life failures on others.
    Go be a troll somewhere else
    o and there is a nice option on the forum an ignore button.

20. Hecaton

Some punctuation and paragraph breaks would be nice for comprehension.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation