1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An address to the Oberhaus to come...

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by theGricks, Aug 19, 2019.

1. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

2. Aldo

Aldo Spare 15

I'm gonna bet 20 sautéed helot livers they just sit in their base and do nothing like the last 3 times.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  3. theGricks

Haqqislam captured territory in each campaign. We relinquished as part of existing alliances rather than hold the extra territory.

Flamestrike: Captured the Power Plant in alliance with the Nomad Nation.
    Wotan: Captured Beijing Orbital station, in agreement with Yu Jing to hold it while they dealt with internal issues.
    Kurage: Captured and then returned Kommstat-9 as per our agreement with Nomads when they were able to mobilize.

Conquest is not usually in our narrative. We decided this year that should change.

4. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

I feel the address lacking an important bit:

inshallah.

God willing, we'll do so.

Without it, it seems to implicate more hubris than a pious Haqqislamite should present.

Perhaps other nations of the Sphere perceive us Haqq as spoiled, filthy rich Silk merchants... no doubt we have such bretheren among ourselves (which, I believe, brings shame to us as a whole!). But don't let that fact get in the way of being a true follower of the Haqqislamite path, o shaykh!

Palomides likes this.
  5. theGricks

This is merely a couple quotes from what will be posted later ;)

LoganGarnett, Palomides and Errhile like this.
  6. Palomides

Palomides Well-Known Member

Such a course of action is, of course, regrettable. Force is never preferred to reason, but, unfortunately, we have been left with little choice. 0-12s inability to govern the selfish actions of our neighbors has left us weak and exposed to an invading alien menace. The disordered desires of the Human Sphere have been allowed to fester, unchecked for far too long. The PanOceanic belief that humanity is best served by competitive greed has led to only war and misery. As the Seekers of Knowledge, it is our obligation to discern and implement the Good--not merely the calculations of a cold and inhuman AI. We have attempted to do so peacefully, but our species can no longer afford such caution.

7. Papa Bey

Papa Bey Clueless Wonder. Still.

Ahahahhahahahahha

theGricks likes this.
  8. Soter

Soter Active Member

The soldiers of the Holy Church will be ready to face you, as it has always been, as it will always be.

Danger Rose, theGricks and Palomides like this.
  9. Palomides

Palomides Well-Known Member

Indeed, the servants of Mammon are always opposed to the work of the holy.

10. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Eternity is a very long time, o father of self-confidence. Do not approach it with hubris, for eventually it will humble us all...

11. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

I don't think there is a need to fight against each other. I don't remember an occasion where PanO had even tried to claim a territory held by Haqq during the previous campaigns. We even have some allies in common. You can despise our way of life but we never tried to be aggressive against you.
    I'll fight the CA and those stepping in the PanO territory this time again but I'd be prouder to figth by your side than against you.

12. theGricks

The hope is we can fight together, Haqqislam has long tried to diplomatically close fights, and work together with the other powers to have a stronger Humanity. That has proven ineffective in the past, and thus our new stance.

Danger Rose, Errhile and oldGregg like this.
  13. Lauinav

Lauinav JTF 713 - 'Ironclad'

Ah yes! It is that time of year again! :+1:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation