1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reset Question

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Azuset, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

FTFY. Indeed, the idea is that the skill itself has to specifically call it out, like with Sixth Sense. The "No-LoF" label is not enough to generate an ARO.

2. Whyrocknodie

Whyrocknodie Well-Known Member

No, I specifically meant the first bullet point. That is, that having No LOF as a label doesn't mean you count that bullet point as triggered.

3. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Yup that is confusing. But what makes things even more confusing is the THIRD bullet point that no one wants to acknowledge.

• It has a Special Skill or piece of Equipment allowing reaction to enemy actions without LoF.
    If a skill that has a label No-LOF (which means you can use the skill without line of fire) won't trigger this condition. What does trigger it?

4. Whyrocknodie

Whyrocknodie Well-Known Member

Reset is not a Special Skill, it's a Common Skill. That bullet point comes into play with pieces of Equipment like a Hacking Device if an opposing trooper activates somewhere near your repeater (for example), or using Hack Transport Aircraft. Special Skills are things like Sixth Sense.

Robock, DukeofEarl, ijw and 2 others like this.
  5. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Man, thank you. That solves that problem. This was the only line that was continuing to trip me up.

Whyrocknodie likes this.
  6. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

And that's why I assumed they meant the third bullet point in their previous post. Apologies for misunderstanding.

Whyrocknodie likes this.
  7. BishopWraith

BishopWraith New Member

EDIT: It didn't show me the updates on the thread when I posted this. LOL

Just talked to WhyRock about this on Discord.

Azuset... it took a bit to figure out where the disconnect was, but here it is:

• It has a Special Skill or piece of Equipment allowing reaction to enemy actions without LoF.
    Reset is a Common Skill, not a Special.

#27 BishopWraith, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Azuset likes this.
  8. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

I have a question on Reset too, even if not related about the initial question:
    Is the FtF really required to have the possibility to fail the Guts roll or can I do this if it is a normal roll too?

9. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Are you asking about just being able to Reset without a ftf roll from ARO or using Reset as a short skill in the active turn?

Here are the requirements for a Guts check.

Requirements
    Several events can force a troop to make a Guts Roll:

If you are not being attacked you cant make a Guts check.

If you do take a Reset in response to an attack and succeed you would avoid the attach. Therefore you would not meet the requirements of a guts roll because you are not taking an ARM or BTS roll.

I would say the answer to your question is No. You may not fail a guts roll in this instance because you are not taking a guts check at all.

#29 Azuset, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  10. Ayadan

Check what says Reset and you'll see that winning the FtF with Reset lets you fail your Guts Roll too.

11. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Your question was about not using a FTF roll right?

12. Ayadan

My question was about can I still use this if it's not a FtF roll like you can use SSL1 even if you're getting hit by a DTW.

13. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

If you succeed a normal roll you haven't rolled a Face to Face roll, so the answer to your question is no. Reset rules trigger Guts only on Face to Face rolls, not normal rolls.

ijw likes this.
  14. Ayadan

Thank you
    I asked because, with the precedent that the SSL1-2 created, I prefered to be sure.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation