1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bunch of little questions

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Rift, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Rift

Rift Member

A friend and I had a game yesterday and as both of us are fairly new (only recently restarted playing after some time away) to Infinity there was a whole bunch of questions that came up…..

I was able to make my infiltration roll with my Shrouded and place a mine (Minelayer) close to his fire time core (I kept the mine outside of his deployment Zone)

A. He activates his FT by declaring a Shoot short order at one of my other models, I declare that that model shoots back as an ARO and that the mine triggers. The mines template covers the team leader, another member of the FT and another model that is NOT in the FT….

1. Can he declare dodge as his second order? ( I didn’t think so but had a hard time referencing my opinion in the rules)

2. If not, what happens to the Team leader, I assume it be a FTF vs the trooper that aro back and has to just take an arm save vs the mine.

3. What have to the other member of the link that got covered by the template? (can it still dodge?)

4. What happens to the model that was not part of the FT but got covered by the template

B. A model moves within lof of my shrouded and I declare that as an aro I drop a mine, he decides to shoot.

Do I just drop the mine and take the shot? Do I still drop the mine if the shrouded gets killed? Does the mine trigger?

C. If my shrouded decides to drop a mine as an ARO is he revealed or does he stay in camo state?

D. If my opponent moves within lof of my shrouded which is in camo marker state and I decide to idle my aro and he declares and intuitive attack as his second order….do I get an aro or is it lost?

E. Shasvastii Spawn embryo. My shrouded gets shot, he crits and hits with a second dice, I fail the arm save vs the second shot. Can I go unconscious and the spawn embryo? Or is the unconscious and then dead?

F. Cadmus ad drops and is placed with the 2 decoys….are these decoy markers supposed to be seed embryos? Or are they non-descript so all 3 are named decoys and placed?

2. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

A:

1) No, because you said he declared 'shoot' as his first short skill. If he had declared 'idle' and waited for your ARO, 'dodge' would have been a valid short skill. Shoot + Dodge is not a valid skill combo.

2) Your understanding is correct. F2F with the shooter, eats the mine.

3) Other members eat the mine and cannot dodge.

4) Other model under the template eats the mine and cannot dodge.

Moral of the story, don't get hit by template weapons during your active turn, and definitely don't deploy in a way three of your guys can get hit by a mine.

B: The mine is not deployed until the conclusion of the order (but is not cancelled even if your shrouded dies because of the All-At-Once principle), so he shoots you unopposed and if he spends any other orders on the unit afterwards, the mine will trigger.

C: Dropping a mine reveals you. In general, anything besides moving reveals you, though I recommend consulting the rules of camouflage for the specifics.

D: Intuitive attack is a full order skill, meaning he would not be able to move in the same order he declared intuitive attack, but also as a general principle, anytime you have an ARO, if you do not take it, you do not get another opportunity to later, so for example, if he declared Move, you declared no ARO, and he declared Discover as his second short skill, you would not get to ARO as you already forfeited it at the time it was generated.

E: Spawn-Embryo replaces the unconscious state completely. Your shrouded will never go to the normal Unconscious state because the Shasvastii skill (that grants Spawn-Embryo) is obligatory.

F: Yes, all three Decoys (or two decoys and the real unit, I guess) appear as Seed-Embryos, per the section just above the big yellow box in the Seed-Embryo rule.

3. Rift

Rift Member

Great thank you.

on point 4, can you clarify why he wouldn't get an option to dodge if he is not in the link?

4. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Because it is your turn and he is not activated. Units that are not activated cannot declare skills. Dodge is a skill.

chromedog likes this.
  5. Rift

Rift Member

Ah k, thank you for the help

6. SilverSpoon

SilverSpoon New Member

One second... units can activated when use ARO. Mine template hit units without FT, if they are not shooting they can declare aro dodge PH -3

7. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

You cannot declare an ARO in the active turn. If the model isn't activated by the order, but gets hit by the template, it has to just eat it.

YTonic, meikyoushisui and chromedog like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation