1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working toward a Ramah Tactica

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Koval, Jul 19, 2019.

1. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Kamau is really good, but I’ve had a lot of success dropping templates on it and the link it’s in. I asked this same question in the Druze sub forum too, so you could look up the conversation there. A lot of the same principles apply. Don’t shoot it unless you have to; instead lay mines where around a corner or set it up for a close-range blast of nanopulsars/etc. As CB continues to creep the power curve, we’ll probably find ourselves with a better solution. Until then, drop templates and pray.

Barrogh and Kraken1130 like this.
  2. Havock

Havock Member

Zhayedan:

Oh boy, slightly overpriced but not without merit... If you ignore most profiles but the Breaker Rifles :v
    Some strong theorymachining here. My meta is full of new people who let me get away with things I might not elsewhere.

"Not great, not terrible." At least, some of them. "Some" are pretty atrocious.

The automedkit is arguably best used as a "fleet in-being"; it's scariest for your opponent when you haven't rolled it yet, because whily you only have a 55% chance he'll get up, your opponent has a 55% chance he will get up and mess up that unprotected flank, especially if you also have a doctor around. But the moment you roll it and your trooper dies he no longer has to bother with it however: As long as he down he will have to cover him, either temprarily/tactically or premanently by shoving a bullet or knife up his brainpan.

-The Marksmanship L2 + Breaker rifle combo is not too bad, ignoring cover is basically a Ghetto MSV1 and it can put a lot of hurt on models. Not a bad Lt. if you want to spend him while a COC is picking his nose waiting for him to be done.
    -- The Haris variant is the only way to get an HMG Haris running (aside from a HMG-equipped spec-ops/Ghulam joining a Haris NCO Khawarij?) so I'd rate it as "cute", but considering the HMG doesn't come with cool extra shit I'm kinda "meh" on it.

- HMG: As above, on its own? Why would you take him.

I believe plenty of people have run the maths that MM2 + breaker is plenty nasty, it's just that these guys pay through the nose for their automedkits despite being basically Premium Ghulams. They'll kill things dead though. On your turn, at least.

- The Sniper Rifle loadout is hot garbage. Do yourself a favor and get a Hortlak Sniper instead. It's a better unmodded shot and can actually hold his own in ARO. Which is what sniper rifles are kinda for.

- Missile Launcher: Maybe? I guess you can make a cute Haris missile-shitting bunker that can also throw Nimbus Grenades.

- Doc: In a vacuum, this one is okay-ish. I mean, it's a doc that can doc himself if required, if you can spare the points its not too shabby over a Ghulam Doc, it is more likely to survive being around places one has to be to push buttons. Then again, seeing as it doesn't exist in a vacuum, you could take a Khawarij or Mukthar Doc, both of which are more mobile and/or a better shot and/or more survivable. So basically practically not worth it. By virtue of its competition, in every sense of the word:

A Ghulam doc with a Nasmat is hard to beat on efficiency.
    A Mukhtar starts up further and has innate Mimetism.
    A Khawarij Doc can suddenly be somewhere and start hosing things down with his boarding shotgun, or drop down by a button and press it.

The latter two carry a boarding shotty as well, and I think this illustrates the problem of basically all the Khawarij aside from the MM L2 + Breaker rifle profiles, which pack some hefty short/mid range power in an SWC-less package; They cost too much or lack too much.

It's nothing that can't easily be fixed, because I think the reason it is discussed often is becasue it's a unit that is almost there.
    A bit more PH, maybe mechanized deployment, 6th sense or whatever, anything that can move them beyond "double-priced premium Ghulams".
    - They are not fast
    - They don't deploy further upfield
    - They aren't fantastic shots (MM2 compensates a little)
    - They are expensive
    - They are only modestly moreso survivable than said Ghulams.
    - They can't even be part of mixed fireteams like the rest of the bloody models.
    - They are stuck in a sectorial where they have to share the limelight with actual supersoldiers.

YMMV, correct me on things I see as blatantly wrong.

tl;dr: Breaker rifles profiles are at least playable, the others are overpriced and/or super "niche".

Deltervees, Kraken1130 and oldGregg like this.
  3. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

Regarding the Kamau, I think we're in a pretty good position to deal with it. Specifically, we have the mobility to shoot the fusiliers powering it.

LoganGarnett likes this.
  4. LoganGarnett

LoganGarnett Well-Known Member

If Zhayedan could link with Ghulam, they would've been nice. Still not perfect, but nice. MML2 profile would become even better, their Doctor can, of course, potential bring himself back up and heal up his team, HMG.. Idk, if you want a slightly better BS than Ghulam for higher cost, but you can still do that. And regular orders from Veteran would keep the link functional in LoL.

Also, is it true or false, that our faction's Spec-Ops isn't linkable, I like, say, the JSA one, who actually has Fireteam:Core?

5. LoganGarnett

Yeah, I guess with our mobility it's a sin to complain about the "stand and shoot good" ARO pieces.

oldGregg likes this.
  6. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

You should check SpecOps rules and fireteam tables. Fireteam: Core is not a skill, and usage of this line in builder (serving as a reminder, but nothing else) is inconsistent.

7. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

Maghariba can definitely play outside of a LI list...

upload_2019-8-16_13-56-59.png

This provides a defensive core with several replacements, an FTO rafiq that can go with either Leila, or the Maggy, and a Nahab KHD for blitzing enemy hackers or coming on later to do objectives.

oldGregg, Barrogh and LoganGarnett like this.
  8. LoganGarnett

Yeah, thanks. Forgot that existed.
    Yup, no fireteam for Husam, but Kaizoku one counts as Keisotsu for Fireteams. Alright, then.

9. Koval

Koval Well-Known Member

I think you misunderstood what Barrogh was saying. Fireteam: Core is not a skill, it's a property of the sectorial. SpecOps count as whatever they're based off of. So ALL SpecOps can join teams of whatever they are.

10. LoganGarnett

Then the Fireteam list on Wiki got me really confused. If all SpecOps can join Fireteams, why only the JSA's SpecOps is listed in the list as "Counts as Keisotsu" while being based on Keisotsu??
    Wouldn't it make more sense if every sectorial had the SpecOps either listed as "Counts as X for Fireteams" or not listed at all on Wiki?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation