1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mildly interesting

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by Stuffist, Aug 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I often browse reddit* and I like to spend some time on r/mildlyinteresting/ sub. For ignorant people (shame on you) I suppose the name is self-explanatory. If not, have a look at it and it will appear clearly to you.

So I work for an IT company providing software solutions to airlines (and all tourism industry, actually)**. And today my eyes tilted a couple of times when reading an email from Star Alliance, a huge airlines alliance. I didn't know what was bogging me, but all of the sudden I succeeded my Discover roll and everything was clear again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Grab your Biometric visors guys, we're being invaded!
    And you, is there some kind of stuff a bit too specific to Infinity that you've spotted IRL?

========================================================================================
    (*) And you shoul too! I mean, there is something that be of some interest for you - there is a sub for eveyrthing there!
    (**) Not Sabre, fellow 'Muricans. But we're on our way to take some market share even on your country! ;-P

2. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

I noticed that logo a while ago when i had to take a flight on Asiana. I could never put my finger on why, but looks like you've cracked it

The bastards

jherazob, Abydog and Stuffist like this.
  3. Stuffist

I know right! I'm more a sort of hacker rather than a pistoleer, so I'll try to misroute their planes and block their departure control system to slow them down, but it could be great if some of you can bring some guns to the party!

jherazob likes this.
  4. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Funny enough I noticed this logo and title all over the airport when I was flying to Gencon. I thought to myself, "Huh, CA is rebranding I guess."

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

The best reddit is Malicious Compliance. How you screw over an idiot by following their instructions to the letter. :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::innocent:

6. Stuffist

r/PoliticalHumor is also quite good, from a Frenchie perspective. ;)

7. Abydog

Abydog Well-Known Member

Stuffist likes this.
  8. Stuffist

Indeed! Nice catch!
    I wonder if there isn't a better match with one of the units' logo... Sogarat or Suryats maybe?

Abydog likes this.
  9. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

It's not like the "Star Alliance" is a new thing, either. It's older than infinitythegame is (The alliance was formed in 1997), "Oneworld" followed it a bit later.

The Combine have had Shasvastii infiltrators here since the 90s. I think one of the spacefroglizardpeople is Richard Branson.

Abydog and Stuffist like this.
  10. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

The CA logo was even more similar to Star Alliance in the first edition:

[​IMG]

Also, many unit logos (IIRC mostly Haqqislam, but also original Shasvastii and Exrah symbols) are barely modified Japanese prefecture symbols - Exrah is Shimane, Shasvastii sectorial is modified/rotated Tokushima, Wakayama for Djanbazan, Aichi is Maghariba Guard, etc. etc.

#10 Pierzasty, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Icchan, chromedog, jherazob and 2 others like this.
  11. Stuffist

Ok, now it is clear to me that the CA logo comes from Star Alliance. I'm so sad, I though I spotted a cool coincidence... :'(
    And I had no idea what Japanese prefecture symbols was before that, thanks!

12. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Belgrim likes this.
  13. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

jherazob likes this.
  14. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

I should know, i mod it :sweat:
    Actually rescued it years ago after the only mod deleted it's account and the sub was left abandoned for months all overgrown by spam and people complaining of things going bad. I'm probably the worst mod in the site but at least the sub lives on and has decent levels of activity and good people hanging there giving good advice.
    But honestly, in a land as incredibly diverse as that site (they say that it has it's own variation of Rule34: "There's a subreddit of it, no exceptions!" and i can certainly say it's true, for good and for ill... :scream:), there's just too many places with good stuff. Just stay away from the most populous places (which typically have the biggest concentrations of bad people), keep to the smaller communities, and it's still a place worth your time. For now.

Belgrim likes this.
  15. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Yeah... I mean they do make for good logos.

[​IMG]

Belgrim, Icchan, Abydog and 3 others like this.
  16. Stuffist

Those are neat.

No competition to those though:
    [​IMG]
    :lol:

jherazob likes this.
  17. Abydog

Abydog Well-Known Member

Now that is really neat! I knew of the logos coming from the Japanese prefectures as it was discussed in the old forum waaaaaaayyyy back. But I have never seen it in form of a map. really like it!

Xeurian likes this.
  18. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Naw, too many small details, distracting shapes and flashy colours. I much prefer the Japanese ones.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation