1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nomad tricks: a perfect storm

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Sicaris, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Sicaris

Sicaris Active Member

I've been playing for about 18 months and this week I had my first instance of all the nomads benefits coming together to solve a problem.

Facing Ikari with core linked Tanko ML and Brawler MSR overlooking the beacon for Capture and Protect. I took 1st turn and started by revealing a Spektr and moving him up to be in a good position to attack the Tanko. Inside 16 the odds were definitely in my favour but my opponent revealed and engaged with a Ninja KHD! Never fear, Heckler jammer was near enough to reveal and run out a panda, followed by Heckler KHD frying the ninja's brains! A couple more orders on the the specktr and the Tanko was down. This was followed by using White noise to allow my puppets to get into good range and cover to shock the Brawler off the table! Order intensive? Certainly, but it felt great to have all the tools I needed and execute on a plan.

What experiences have you had of Nomads bringing all the right tools and everything coming together?

2. dexterv

dexterv Well-Known Member

I put once a camo marker on a hight roof (perfect for an intruder sniper) and my haqq foe tried to get him with a fiday. It was a mine.

Another one:
    Only irregular morlocks in 2nd group. Now the enemy will think that their attack range is limited due to their only 2 orders. Then use command tokens to make some of them regular and increase the attack options.

More than combos are creative ways of using some tools.

inane.imp, Barrogh and Savnock like this.
  3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I regularly end up with a triangle of drop troops to guarantee no shots back. I've killed TAGs this way.

4. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Had a Hollowman slice on a patch of dirt next to a neurocinetics Yan-Huo to land a repeater so the Zero could surprise Oblivion then follow up with a Carbonite. Which freed up the the safe spot for the HMG Hellcat to land and make an unmitigated mess of my opponent's DZ.

5. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Clearing close support units with Jaguars, opening the way for a Zero AHD to get off a successful Overlord. There is nothing more wonderfully Nomad than TAGjacking and then going on a killing spree.

Tristan228 likes this.
  6. Ibn_Sina

Ibn_Sina New Member

So Question, new player here proxy mostly to Tunguska sometimes Haqqislam would you say it's better to go on the offensive with Nomads?

Love the camo marker mine trick on a high place especially against shasvastii or haqqislam

7. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

depends, nomads can defend incredibly well and punch stupidly hard, Tunguska however lacks a lot of the defensive tools to make use of the typical nomad defense in depth strategies and defensive tricks. what TJC is is great at is just kicking the other guys teeth in with over whelming firepower, from weird angles, or brick all their big toys.

8. Davetron

Davetron Member

A while back, I was playing vanilla against a friend’s onyx. I deployed a spektr AH inside a food stand on the half way line. My friend started advancing his Xeodrone up the table. I think on the last order of his turn he was within my hacking range and I got off overlord and possessed his tag. Though on my turn I only had one full order’s worth of fun before he managed to take back possession, I did kill an umbra legate and I think a batroid. The look on his face as I did it was one of horror. It was great.

Tourniquet likes this.
  9. THEGRAAK

THEGRAAK Member

May you elaborate for a newbie? :)
    thanks!

10. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

If you try to surround a guy with two troops they can always rotate to cover both your troops in their line of sight. You need a third one to make it so that no matter how they rotate one of your guys is still behind them.

THEGRAAK likes this.
  11. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Can you de-link puppet bots? lol

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation