1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The definite N4 Comments, Suggestions, Ideas, wishlist's and Bugs that need fixing thread

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Seemingly, because CB doesn't want there to be counterplay to Jammers.

meikyoushisui and Zewrath like this.
  2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I would definitely like there to be more counterplay to Jammers in N4. The general increase in ability to respond and interact has been one of the better parts of N3.

3. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I would like models climbing ladders, walls, or using climbing plus to remain perpendicular to the table rather than flipping parallel to it and then flipping back when they get to the top of the wall. Just for verisimilitude; I haven't put any thought into the rules interactions, but it feels like it stems from a time before we defined 'base' as 'the entire model'.

4. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

+1 to this.
    I think this would need some changes to how climbing and climbing+ interact with the cover system though. Mainly so climbing ladders still prevents you taking cover.

This this this.

CB, please continue to include ways to counter the opponents tools. This has been a really positive move for N3 and the rare incidences seem like aberrations.

5. bloodw4ke

bloodw4ke Well-Known Member

Having just played a game with mines, decoys, and Crazykoalas, I'd like to see more consolidation of rules around "ZoC-triggered weapons." I guess that decoys don't trigger boost??

Maybe like: Trigger L1: this weapon triggers when an enemy trooper activates in it's ZoC (+/-LoF); Trigger L2: this weapon triggers when an enemy trooper or marker activates in it's ZoC (+/- LoF).

Then trigger effects are then described in the weapon (it puts down a teardrop template, it runs towards the enemy trooper and explodes).

More stuff in the general theme of rules consolidation.

#325 bloodw4ke, Aug 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  6. Hecaton

Ghazi got smoke grenades added to them for free in HSN3 iirc. It seems the intent that a lot of their stuff be un-counterable; I don't think that philosophy will change much in N4, since there's no evidence to suggest they think it's a mistake.

Hecklers and ZC's idk; VIRD is clearly a pet project of someone who wants it to be very powerful, so I can't imagine that they'd be interested in changing it.

7. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, at the moment, it feels like there are more specialized tools for dealing with high ARM targets than there are generalized tools for dealing with everything else.

Of course, changing AP rounds to also pierce cover still hurts armoured troopers.

But the problem with swarm metas is that no matter how good your special ammunition is, you can only kill so many troopers with a single bullet. Shock ammo isn't really that scary most of the time since the most egregious offenders here tend to be good because they are meant to be disposable in the first place.

And it is becoming a bit of a problem now. Higher order count metas not only punish lower count armies on both offensive and objective fronts, but it slows the game down.

It does feel that Infinity is a game that has had an increasing amount of stuff to do added to it as it developed, necessitating broader order pools. And this is not necessarily a bad thing. But perhaps we need to normalize order pools a bit more.

What if players were given a core pool of orders for their first combat group, with cheap cheerleaders (or perhaps everyone) getting a slight point increase to require more thought in their inclusion? Tactical Awareness and Lt2+NCO already feel like steps in that direction.

#327 Weathercock, Aug 15, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    Hecaton likes this.
  8. Hecaton

Maybe, but when Dashat has Tac Awareness while fielding 2 full combat groups with plenty of cheap skirmishers it defeats the point.

CabalTrainee and meikyoushisui like this.
  9. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

Dashat is an abomination, and in its current state has no place in any positive discussion towards the health of the game, save for in its removal or in a redesign that may as well be as such.

10. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Dahshat is fine people just got no game

Cthulhu363, Remnar, Bellyflop and 2 others like this.
  11. RobertShepherd

Sec let me open up giphy before you bait them into a full game of last wordsmanship.

Solar, A Mão Esquerda and chaos11 like this.
  12. RobertShepherd

[​IMG]

Silas7, Bellyflop and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  13. Hecaton

Yes, the people who can only do well in tournaments with Dashat.

14. RobertShepherd

[​IMG]

Silas7, Bellyflop and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  15. Hecaton

@RobertShepherd If you could respond to my statements with discourse, you would. You've instead resorted to the internet equivalent of finger-painting; like I said before, glad to know that we've passed the limits of your understanding of Infinity and games in general.

CabalTrainee and meikyoushisui like this.
  16. RobertShepherd

17. Badlazzor

Badlazzor Well-Known Member

So, totally random I know, but here it goes anyway. :)

What if we change the Command Token tactical usage so, that on every order the commander may reroll one dice. This will:
    • Create more cinematic "Yeah, my heroic <<insert troop name>> just did that!" moments. It's not autowin, but drastically enhances the low dice count scenarios.
    • Help risky but rewarding situations more appealing (like dropping that AD troop just in the exact spot, or nailing that B1 E/Mitter shot, or Jeah my TAG did make that ARM roll)
    • As a result of the above two will help to bring attention to rarely used things

• Not be as valuable in high dice count situations as in the low ones, so won't add that much value to those already god scenarios
    • Not make more resources than we already have, just more options. If we want to use this we should use the already limited pool, but this way it will help on smaller armies (who does not spend them on troop shuffling between groups), will add value to vanilla armies (who does not spend them on link re/creation)
    • Not be abusable by the first player (as we have that underused "U may only use 1 token this turn") and will move more attention towards Advanced Command and Counter Intelligence
    Now, this is just a random idea, and I'm not a probability theory guru.
    Maybe the 4 token will be even stricter this way, or maybe we could use a dedicated resource pool for this, I don't know. One thing that makes me think more about this is that Infinity is a cinematic (or at least it tries to be) small armies on small armies game, so having cinematic standoffs are kinda fits in there.

18. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I want Fat2 to die under a tractor. The game is already a bit swingy due to nature of dice (a bit worse with d20), Fat2 is absolutely detrimental to the health of the game, even worse with B5, as it washes a lot away from the core aspect of being a good player; making the correct decisions.
    And no, @RobertShepherd I don't care about the strawman you presented earlier in the thread, about the perceived powerlevel of both sectorials with access to B5 Fat2, as it doesn't have any bearing on the fact that Fat2 (and Fat2 B5) is an objectively terrible mechanic.

Low tier post, even for you Hecaton.

The Holy Knight, eciu and LaughinGod like this.
  19. Wizardlizard

Wizardlizard Well-Known Member

Yeah fat2 is an abomination ...at least on the models it was assigned to. Knauf having fat 2 okay I can live with that..cool sniper head shooting people at a greater chance but not obscene chance I'm okay with.
    Command token for reroll ...yeah might be viable. If you think about the pool of 4 that wouldn't bend the game too much and maybe make it a non face to face roll. So insert, push a button, medic etc.
    I still hold how we fix a lot of the units and factions that feel a little broke is we change how link teams work. Change all the burst 6th sense, multiplier stuff to a little toned down and wildcards, dashat, orc with fusi, Kamal with fusi all feel a little less punishing.

20. Tongfa

Tongfa ULTRA INSTINCT UKR

Thankfully my strategic blunders have only been confined to the tabletop o7

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation