1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting back to my Nomads

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Romulas, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Romulas

Romulas Active Member

hi there,
    been a little more than a year since i played the Nomads. (won the Tohaa box set and took them for a run to learn them) signed up for a 3 round unknown mission tournament in a month. not sure what will be coming up but 'everything from the current ITS will be up for grabs with a possible tweek'

anyhoo here is what i come up with for a first list:
    [​IMG] They mostly come out at night
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] TOMCAT Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower + 1 Zondcat / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] ZONDCAT Electric Pulse. (4)
    [​IMG] TOMCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    [​IMG] HELLCAT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 28)
    [​IMG] SPEKTR (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] SPEKTR (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] ZERO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] INTRUDER Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 35)
    [​IMG] INTRUDER (X-Visor) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 43)
    [​IMG] MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 6)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] SALYUT (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] SALYUT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] WARCOR (Sixth Sense L1) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

3.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

was thinking of either going hacker/remote heavy for a second list as a lot of yu jing, ariadna, and nomad types will be in the group of folks playing, but wanted to be able to drop something to shake 'em up a bit... granted a msv3 pano list will be a pain & i'll be missing the k1 weapons to shread tags....

please let me know any tips tricks and fixes, i don't have everything in the line but should be able to get a box or a couple blisters up to tabletop standard before the tourny starts.
    -Rom

2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

A common rule of thumb for new players is to have at least 8 regular orders in Combat Group 1 generated on turn 1. That is, Irregular, AD and TO troops won't normally generate regular orders on turn 1.

TO troops can be deployed in token state instead of hidden deployment to generate orders. AD can be deployed normally but it wastes most of their potential.

Long term you might want to replace things, but I would at least deploy the TO in token state and the Tomcat Doctor normally with the intention of reviving the Intruder MSR.

T. Rex Pushups and Rubberpiggy like this.
  3. Rubberpiggy

Rubberpiggy Well-Known Member

Welcome back!

Without knowing what missions you’ll be running, I’ll just give some general input, based on my experience with Nomads. In group 1 you’ll be order starved. A lot of the pieces start off the board or want to be hidden. And when they do appear, they are order hungry. I’d trim it down a bit (maybe 1-2 ad and 1 spektr max and use the points for regular orders to fuel the ones you keep. I suggest jaguars for cheap, reliable troopers that can be deployed either as smoke throwers with chain rifles, or panzerfaust/adh launchers. I’d also either swap the x-visor intruder to a HMG one, or drop something that will allow you to field both. The HMG intruder is an absolute beast.

If you want to include something that can reliably deal with a panO heavy or tag, consider the Uberfallkommando. It has eclipse grenades and can murder anything in the game. It takes a bit of practise to use well though. Or just run a Szalamandra-based list.

T. Rex Pushups likes this.
  4. T. Rex Pushups

T. Rex Pushups Well-Known Member

Best part of the Szalamandra based list is putting a beautiful model on the table.

Romulas and Rubberpiggy like this.
  5. Romulas

Romulas Active Member

Don't mind running the HMG intruder, he was my go to Rambo....

Jags I don't own yet, nor the mutants or Sally... (Intend to, soonish)

From running tohaa in the last year I got real tired of Ariadna's 18 order camo game... Going to give it a rethink, thanks for the input..

Rubberpiggy likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation