1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey look, it's a papercraft objective room. Neat.

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Captain Spud, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Captain Spud

Captain Spud Maker of Things

[​IMG]

I made a papercraft pattern to create brightly-coloured foamcore objective rooms. If you want to make one or three or twenty, you can find all the necessary files and instructions on my blog:

http://www.captainspud.com/papercraft/

[​IMG]

The pattern is sized to be printed on 11x17 or A3 paper. The printing instructions are on the first page of the PDF, but I'll repeat the most important part: PRINT AT ACTUAL SIZE. Most print shops default to printing "fit to page", but this will make the pattern come out too small. So, make sure to very clearly specify "actual size" when ordering your printing. :)

As we all know, the best way to deliver hobby instructions is in the form of an hour-long public access TV show, with the production quality of a ransom video, where the work stays visible in the camera frame well over 60% of the time. So, I made that too:

Aaaaaand some shots of the rooms at a recent event I ran. I apparently only took photos from really far away that day, so... camera grain. Sorry. Bleh. :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, that's it. If you end up making any, be sure to take better photos than I did and post them here. :P

Arloid, Shiwen, Modock and 20 others like this.
  2. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Your webpage's URL keeps getting consistently justified :+1:

chromedog and Koin-Koin like this.
  3. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Wow! Thanks yet again captain. You are amazing.

4. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

@Captain Spud the download links are not working on your site.

5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

My only suggestion here would be to make an A4 compatible version... even if the floor nees to be broken in two... (I am having trouble spending my 50 pages per month in the HP Instantink subscription XD)

I just tried and they work. Remember the "links" are the images of the different colors for the PDF.

6. Captain Spud

This and any future papercraft I design will only be published for 11x17 or A3. It's just too annoying to try to cram things onto a smaller page. If you want to print on smaller paper, you can always play with the page alignment in Adobe to print one side at a time.

^ this. Just checked and all of the links do work on my end. If they aren't working for you-- do you get an error message?

xagroth and jherazob like this.
  7. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

They are working today. Very strange. I can't wait to make one!

8. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

You sir are awesome! I really like this. Unfortunately I will not be using it, because I am too emotionally invested in my own scratch built objective room. (An unbiased observer would say your room looks better than mine, but I am not an unbiased observer.)

9. EccentricOwl

EccentricOwl Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Now make me a laser-cut version. ;)

This is phenomenal. Well-done.

10. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

Much appreciated, especially that this works on A3 as well!

Would it possibly be an improvement to cut out the doors or is that bad for long term stability?

11. Captain Spud

I cut the doors out on the last set that I built. Zero problems. :)

I found that it worked well to cut the paper and foam from one side, and then flip it over and cut the paper from the other side, to make sure that the doors are nicely cut out on the lines.

ZlaKhon, jherazob and xagroth like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation